NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

I keep seeing my tiny collection of ships at the top of the page.

This is my current collection.

A couple of small repairs need to take place.

This one is my favourite

QJhvyTe.jpg

The NX refit is a thing of beauty, its a shame they never got a series 5 and to use it on screen

As am I. Just watched Future Tense. Season 2 is surprisingly strong. I remember thinking it was low quality.

For every Night in Sickbay, there's a Minefield

Agreed with you. The character development on Season 2 is better than season 1.

I'm on the Regeneration episode where the USS Enterprise E failed to destroy the Borg from the First Contact properly. Tut tut Same with those guys from the future who meant to protect the timelines.

Edited by DriftKaiser

As am I. Just watched Future Tense. Season 2 is surprisingly strong. I remember thinking it was low quality.

For every Night in Sickbay, there's a Minefield

Agreed with you. The character development on Season 2 is better than season 1.

I'm on the Regeneration episode where the USS Enterprise E failed to destroy the Borg from the First Contact properly. Tut tut Same with those guys from the future who meant to protect the timelines.

Edited by DriftKaiser

I knew GOG.com had started adding a few old Star Trek games but I hadnt realised Star Trek: Starfleet Command was one of them. I used to love that game when I was younger so I just bought it. It'll be interesting to see how well it holds up.

1166871103-00.jpg

[Tweet]755024644227342336[/tweet]

New Star Trek series will be on Netflix in the UK (and pretty much every country except USA and Canada).

Nice.

Not having the US catalog occasionally has its benefits.

They throw around the phrase "Netflix Original Series" a bit too liberally :blank:

They throw around the phrase "Netflix Original Series" a bit too liberally :blank:

I have started to get a bit confused when I look on Netflix and see their list of original series.

Do we know where its airing in the US then?

CBS something.. Basically CBS's own streaming service similar to Netflix.

I agree.. Then again in the end it doesn't matter.. As long as I get good stuff on my Netflix.

Yeah this is getting merged but:

Edit:

They also made a deal to include all previous series in their catalog. I believe this is also worldwide. Looking forward to relive Star Trek starting with The original series. Everything should be available by the end of the year.

Edited by Sméagol
Automerged Doublepost

CBS something.. Basically CBS's own streaming service similar to Netflix.

I agree.. Then again in the end it doesn't matter.. As long as I get good stuff on my Netflix.

Yeah this is getting merged but:

Edit:

They also made a deal to include all previous series in their catalog. I believe this is also worldwide. Looking forward to relive Star Trek starting with The original series. Everything should be available by the end of the year.

That happened quite a bit before this announcement today. All the series have been on Netflix for a couple of weeks now.

They've been using it to mean "Exclusive to Netflix in this country" for a while now.

That happened quite a bit before this announcement today. All the series have been on Netflix for a couple of weeks now.

Ah yes, I recall hearing that.. But they weren't available here in The Netherlands (none of them). This deal is worldwide I believe, so in every country where Netflix is available.

Gawd I wish this battle had been longer. It's so good!

Yes, especially as the battle lasted over 3 and a half hours in-universe, with the Defiant being one of the first ships to engage the Borg.

@Cube have any of your Star Trek models been built yourself or have they all come prebuilt? I'm so tempted to get one of Polar Lights Enterprise models but I dont believe for a second that I have the skill necessary to do it justice and for the price its not really something I want to risk.

@Cube have any of your Star Trek models been built yourself or have they all come prebuilt? I'm so tempted to get one of Polar Lights Enterprise models but I dont believe for a second that I have the skill necessary to do it justice and for the price its not really something I want to risk.

These ones are all small pre-built models. I tried an Enterprise D kit before and I was utterly useless at it.

These ones are all small pre-built models. I tried an Enterprise D kit before and I was utterly useless at it.

Yeah see thats what I figure would happen with me. I would only be happy if it came out looking like this:

betterlight019.jpg

And I know it wouldn't look anywhere near that good.

I bought the Polar Lights NX-01 model many years ago along with a custom light set up. It was a pretty intricate model but with a bit of care it came together without too much difficulty. Really impressive when it's all done too.

I bought the Polar Lights NX-01 model many years ago along with a custom light set up. It was a pretty intricate model but with a bit of care it came together without too much difficulty. Really impressive when it's all done too.

I'd be interested to see a photo of the final model if you have one?

Does anyone have any experience with the Diamond Select ship model/toys? They seem to be a nice size and have a good amount of detail. I'm not particularly interested in the sound and light aspects for them but I can just take the batteries out so they feel more like models.

I'd be interested to see a photo of the final model if you have one?

Does anyone have any experience with the Diamond Select ship model/toys? They seem to be a nice size and have a good amount of detail. I'm not particularly interested in the sound and light aspects for them but I can just take the batteries out so they feel more like models.

Unfortunately I don't anymore, they were all on my old laptop. You can buy (or you could) Aztec templates for painting the hull too, to get that authentic look.

jurriusnx01-01.jpg

Mine was similar to that but the different shades of grey used in the patterning on the hull weren't so different from each other.

Just came back from the new Trek film. It's definitely the best one so far; it actually felt like Star Trek.

Lets not forget that Beyond has its own thread :p We should keep this one as a haven from nuTrek :p

Got a few bids going for some Enterprise models. One pre painted and one that I'd have to paint. I decided against the Diamond Select toys.

Edit: Video is down on YouTube, still up on Twitter:

[tweet]756974219322273792[/tweet]

Edited by Cube