NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

Star Trek

Awesome. yes the plot is a bit hokey and they basically re-write trek history but the acting is superb.

They haven't re-written anything. By going back in time they created an alternate universe. Everything in the original timeline has, and still will happen.

Star Trek.

Awesome, loved it. I want to see it again and then I want the next one to come out...now!

Oh, the storyline wasn't difficult to understand, whoever said that. I watched it with ReZ who hasn't seen much Star Trek at all and he got it!

:heart:/10

Star Trek.

Awesome, loved it. I want to see it again and then I want the next one to come out...now!

Oh, the storyline wasn't difficult to understand, whoever said that. I watched it with ReZ who hasn't seen much Star Trek at all and he got it!

:heart:/10

Word.

Also the beginning of the "experience" was tarnished by some spackos.

*ReZ and Molly happily chatting during the adverts*

*Group of about 7 people walk past. We get up to let them past*

*Not enough room for them*

"Are you in the right seats?"

"Erm....yeah."

*Gets out ticket* "Q 15"

"This is P"

*ReZ knows 99.99999% they are wrong*

"Oh kay...."

*They force us to move out*

*Looks at seating.*

"This is Q."

Heh. In your face group of retards.

"Blame the one at the front."

One at the front ; "She bought the tickets"

What and neither of you can read?

Star Trek

Utterly brilliant. I especially loved the amount of references to past Star Trek stuff.

Archer's Dog, Scotty's Tribble, the famous quotes, the apple that Kirk is eating during the test, the bug thing similar to the one from ST2, the red suit, 47, Pike in the wheelchair, Uhura's first name. I'm also positive that Scotty's mention of "I didn't think to think of space as the thing that moves" (or whatever) is referencing Futurama.

One thing I was pleased about is that they didn't talk about Time Paradoxes and stuff (although it was great how Spock suggested something to make Kirk think of ye old "universe blows up" when a future self meets a younger one), and just went "these are the same people, but events have change" and pretty much left it at that.

As for the new cast, I liked them. Especially McCoy and Scotty. Chekov was a bit annoying and Uhura seemed...distant. Kirk and Spock were spot-on, though.

I also liked how the film was about how the main crew formed a formidable team, rather than Kirk and Spock forming a duo - even though it was mainly Kirk/Spock, the rest of them were necessary for the final part. Well...Except I don't think that Uhura did anything except for decoding the Klingon message at the start.

My only complaint is that Nero (apart from the name, which just sounds cute and cuddly to me - probably because of my cat) seemed to be a better version of Shinzon (i.e. human) and didn't really feel alien.

10/10

Oh, and something else I forgot to say

Before the film I was quite excited about Simon Pegg. I totally forgot about Simon once the film got going (when they boarded the Enterprise) as there wasn't really any time to thing. When he finally showed up I went "Yay! Scotty!" rather then "Look! Simon Pegg!". He just seemed completely different to all his other films. Not just his voice, but the way he moved about and stuff, too.

Star Trek

I love(d).

I just loved how the whole team told me so many jokes. They all felt like the originals, but each having more to say for themselves.

And I loved the fact it was a reboot, but the TV shows and other movies still technically happened.

So much stimulus for so much slash fiction between Spock and Kirk (helped by the fact that Kirk was played by a beautiful, beautiful man) :D

And I loved the fact Uhara was roomies with a Poison Ivy wannabe. I lol'ed to myself at that.

And I loved how Chekov could be the Russian me. Same hair. He was my favourite. A stunning voice, and a stunning outlook on life.

Scotty was less fun, but only because I hate the type of humour that Simon Pegg is the avatar of.

Sylar felt like Spock. Very fine job.

I felt the actual plot was slightly lacking, but I just loved the stories and jokes that the film told me.

9.6/10

So NE are pretty much in agreeance that Star Trek was

teh awe50mez and liek best cinema film since TDK. (Stupid message films don't count)

Hahhaahhahahahaha.

So NE are pretty much in agreeance that Star Trek was

teh awe50mez and liek best cinema film since TDK. (Stupid message films don't count)

Hahhaahhahahahaha.

Best blockbuster since TDK? Yes, that's pretty much right. Hey, ReZ, how does it feel to agree with team Haterz for once?

Best blockbuster since TDK? Yes, that's pretty much right. Hey, ReZ, how does it feel to agree with team Haterz for once?

Kinda dirty. ;)

Star Trek

I loved :D Haven't seen any Star Trek before this but figured it would be up my street and it was... great cast, really well fleshed out and detailed world which is always nice in a scifi. Wasn't much of a fan of the enemies though, pretty generic and weak but meh, I'll let it slide.

On the other hand it was probably the most awful film trip experience I've had... had to run as we were 20 minutes late, only to find adverts were still rolling. Adverts finished and there was a black screen. For 20 minutes. Technical difficulties apparently. So as as a result we missed the last train home and had to shell out for a taxi, which being post midnight cost a bomb. Got back at like 1am. Oh yeah and the audience kept laughing whenever the Russian bloke said anything. His patchy accent was funny the first few times but the laughter was getting a bit distracting...

But anyways,

9 / 10 Good job JJ

Star Trek

I loved :D Haven't seen any Star Trek before this but figured it would be up my street and it was... great cast, really well fleshed out and detailed world which is always nice in a scifi. Wasn't much of a fan of the enemies though, pretty generic and weak but meh, I'll let it slide.

On the other hand it was probably the most awful film trip experience I've had... had to run as we were 20 minutes late, only to find adverts were still rolling. Adverts finished and there was a black screen. For 20 minutes. Technical difficulties apparently. So as as a result we missed the last train home and had to shell out for a taxi, which being post midnight cost a bomb. Got back at like 1am. Oh yeah and the audience kept laughing whenever the Russian bloke said anything. His patchy accent was funny the first few times but the laughter was getting a bit distracting...

But anyways,

9 / 10 Good job JJ

you, eh, do know he's actually Russian?

you, eh, do know he's actually Russian?

Well that shut me up.

Just seemed rather overemphasized, which as I said the audience seemed to find endlessly amusing.

Am I going to be the only one here who will never watch the new Star Trek film, seeing as I could never give a flying fuck about Star Trek to begin with?

Get with it. I have never seen an episode before and don't like talking about it. But just take the perspective that this is an action blockbuster.

Am I going to be the only one here who will never watch the new Star Trek film, seeing as I could never give a flying fuck about Star Trek to begin with?

Same here in terms of not giving a flying fuck, but it's an ok film. It's at least pretty to watch.

I can see the appeal of it, but I rate it "above average".

I hate Star Trek. It is absolutely shit and completely bollocks.

The new film is the UTTER whinzopho!

Whinzopho - adjective - to be made solely of massive whinz.

I loved Next Generation. Told me such jokes. Realistically, Battlestar Galactica is like a million times better version, but Star Trek has the nostalgia factor for me.

tng-beverlycrusher.jpg

Why don't you talk to me?

Personally id still rate TNG higher than Battlestar, the type of show it is appeals to me more

Personally id still rate TNG higher than Battlestar, the type of show it is appeals to me more

Voyager > All.

Carnage_vs_Venom_by_FallenAngel_pen.jpg

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I hate Star Trek. It is absolutely shit and completely bollocks.

The new film is the UTTER whinzopho!

Clean out your mouth Nancy and get with the programme.

They haven't re-written anything. By going back in time they created an alternate universe. Everything in the original timeline has, and still will happen.

Exactly, because without that timeline unfolding how it did, this one wouldn't have been created

It's all one big tapestry ;)

However, everything in Star Trek Enterprise that happened also happened in this Universe as the changing point didn't happen until 2233.

Personally, I loved it. It did everything right and brilliantly too. Especially with the realism. Such as the explosion in the corridor blowing someone out to space. Camera follows her and all the explosion sounds just stop since sound doesn't exist in a vaccuum.

Exactly, because without that timeline unfolding how it did, this one wouldn't have been created

It's all one big tapestry ;)

However, everything in Star Trek Enterprise that happened also happened in this Universe as the changing point didn't happen until 2233.

Personally, I loved it. It did everything right and brilliantly too. Especially with the realism. Such as the explosion in the corridor blowing someone out to space. Camera follows her and all the explosion sounds just stop since sound doesn't exist in a vaccuum.

So the whole blowing up off Vulcan didn't really happen then? Because going by the end of the film when Spock is tattling on about finding a new colony to settle on, it sure seems to be the same timeline. Ignore if I am being a dunce.