NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Watched both parts of Year of Hell last night. Yup, it’s as good as I remember it being. I could be wrong but I’m sure Kes gave them a warning about the whole thing and to avoid that region of space. 

I also enjoyed the episode Nemesis. I remembered bits about it but totally forgot how it all played out. The ending came as quite a surprise, as did Chakotay’s reaction when seeing one of the aliens on Voyager. 

Yeah they kind of dropped the ball with Kes telling them about Year of Hell. I think there might be one throwaway line but even that I'm not sure on. One of the relaunch Voyager books revisits all the Krenim stuff so I might be thinking of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The biggest issue with Year of Hell is how the episode is ruined and rendered irrelevant by the ending. At least one person should have remembered it.

• Like 1

At the end of the episode Random Thoughts, Seven asked Janeway something that I've also been wondering. Why in the hell do they keep going off course to investigate random planets and different species? I'm with Seven on this one. Unless you need supplies then just concentrate on bombing your way home. Also, stop crusing along at warp 5-6 and start hitting those high end speeds. No wonder they estimated it would take 70 odd years to get home. :D 

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

At the end of the episode Random Thoughts, Seven asked Janeway something that I've also been wondering. Why in the hell do they keep going off course to investigate random planets and different species? I'm with Seven on this one. Unless you need supplies then just concentrate on bombing your way home. Also, stop crusing along at warp 5-6 and start hitting those high end speeds. No wonder they estimated it would take 70 odd years to get home. :D 

Higher warp decreases the dylithium quicker and the engines can’t handle it for a sustained time. I’m happy enough with them still wanting to be “Starfleet” and explore. It’ll still gonna take decades regardless. Plus they aren’t gonna find any other, quicker ways back if they ignore everything. They get flung forward a few times during the trip and never would have managed that if they’d stuck to one straight path, ignoring everything else.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Higher warp decreases the dylithium quicker and the engines can’t handle it for a sustained time. I’m happy enough with them still wanting to be “Starfleet” and explore. It’ll still gonna take decades regardless. Plus they aren’t gonna find any other, quicker ways back if they ignore everything. They get flung forward a few times during the trip and never would have managed that if they’d stuck to one straight path, ignoring everything else.

That and it would make for a boring series. :D 

• Like 1

Message in a Bottle...fantastic episode. I remember liking it back in the day but I forgot how good it was. The Prometheus is a hell of a ship. Shame we never got to see it in action in a DS9 episode.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 5:45 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

That and it would make for a boring series. :D 

I'm picturing Desert Bus in space.

• Haha 1

I'm halfway through S7 now, missed most of that season back in the day (it was the year I moved to UK). Some good episodes but a fair amount of filler too. Then they suddenly reach the last episode and "oh crap we have to finish it now, and we only have a double episode left... um...

Spoiler

ok Janeway from the future comes back with cheat codes. Done"

Edited by mr_bogus
spoiler tag

I started season 5 this evening. The end of season 4 was kinda flat. Usually the season finales lead to something but here it was simply Starfleet saying that Voyager was screwed and on their own.

I have been enjoying the constant fighting between Seven and Janeway. I do wonder if these scenes are so good due to the off screen antics that were going on.

Seven has been great to watch. Sure, she’s easy on the eyes but I was talking more about how she always questions orders. The scene where she faces Janeway and tells her that she was freed from the collective to be an individual and yet she’s constantly getting told to get in line...great stuff and a valid point.

Seven also has some hilarious lines. When she is supposed to distract the robot in Tom’s black and white holodeck novel had me howling. She simply said “I am Borg” and then ripped it’s circuits out. :D 

On 24/03/2021 at 8:52 AM, Happenstance said:

......I.......hmmmmm.......well.......that was.........sure something

...what have I just witnessed?

I feel possibly even more confused than Q when he's trying to understand human empathy.

Guess at least I can tick "see Garrett Wang in his underwear" off the bucket list now.

• Like 1

so much great looking Star Trek stuff. Hopefully we'll get a Strange New Worlds teaser as well. Lower Decks has been confirmed for season 3.

Terrible "trailer", but intriguing concept.

All Good Things is my favourite episode of Trek ever so maybe this will live up to that high bar. 

Edited by Ronnie

On 18/06/2021 at 7:28 PM, Sméagol said:

https://toynewsi.com/416-39313

oh....my....hat...

This is dangerous. I literally just saved up £500 this month and transferred it into savings. Now having dangerous reconsiderations :geek:

The current Star Trek litverse is coming to an end with three final books that are going to tie up that universe and make way for the new continuity created by Discovery, Picard etc. I've really enjoyed this universe they created as the books and stories tied in together. It really was like the shows were getting extra seasons. 

I've just bought the first book in this final trilogy. Should probably wait until I get home to start reading it but it's quiet at work at the moment and I have the Kindle app on my PC so I'm sure I can get a few chapters in without anyone noticing :laughing:

81ttdNXjUhS.jpg