NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

Similar to how it was but ends it earlier. They got home, see homecoming. Janeway then gets debriefed/slated for her blatant disregard of Prime Directive/Temporal Prime Directive/simple ethics but then let off due to circumstances, Maquis get pardons etc.. A few months pass and they all go off on different roles but Chakotay, as Captain, leads a refitted Voyager out on a new mission.

Something like that.

I'd like something similar but have Chakotay trip and break his neck as he was getting off the ship back to Earth for the first time.

Similar to how it was but ends it earlier. They got home, see homecoming. Janeway then gets debriefed/slated for her blatant disregard of Prime Directive/Temporal Prime Directive/simple ethics but then let off due to circumstances, Maquis get pardons etc.. A few months pass and they all go off on different roles but Chakotay, as Captain, leads a refitted Voyager out on a new mission.

Something like that.

Janeway getting debriefed was implied and the audience is intelligent enough to know how it went. We didn't need to see it. Pretty sure they got pardoned in advance, or it was discussed with Starfleet ahead of time.

And Voyager was turned into a museum, at least in the future Admiral Janeway came from. We can assume saving Seven and Tuvok, and getting home a little earlier wouldn't have changed that.

Though the books have the ship going off under Chakotay, I'm pretty sure the books aren't considered canon.

The finale shouldn't have involved time travel at all. Endgame is possibly my single most hated episode of Star Trek.

I moved onto Star Trek Enterprise and I'm little over half way through Season 2. I don't know what to make of this show so far. I like some elements of it, like snooty Vulcans that think they're better then humans and the funny tensions between them and the earthlings they meet. Archer is a decent captain and I really like Trip as a Character too. But so many of the other crew have so little character to them, such as Malcolm. He just seems to be a very two-dimensional stereotype. Everything is delivered with a stiff upper lip and..that seems to be all there ever is to him.

I'm sticking with the show until the end though, there have been a couple of good episodes and I really appreciate that they have had events carry over and effect what's happening in following episodes. Such as having a mines attach to the side of the Enterprise, one of them blowing up and the other injuring a member of the crew when he walks on the outside of the ship to disarm it. The story was self contained, but the following episode had them now have to deal with their damaged ship that can't travel beyond warp 2 and their tactical officer in sick bay. The the episode after that had them trying barter to get some fuel, again because of the events of that earlier episode. It was the kind of thing I expected to see in Voyager but never really happened.

I moved onto Star Trek Enterprise and I'm little over half way through Season 2. I don't know what to make of this show so far. I like some elements of it, like snooty Vulcans that think they're better then humans and the funny tensions between them and the earthlings they meet. Archer is a decent captain and I really like Trip as a Character too. But so many of the other crew have so little character to them, such as Malcolm. He just seems to be a very two-dimensional stereotype. Everything is delivered with a stiff upper lip and..that seems to be all there ever is to him.

I'm sticking with the show until the end though, there have been a couple of good episodes and I really appreciate that they have had events carry over and effect what's happening in following episodes. Such as having a mines attach to the side of the Enterprise, one of them blowing up and the other injuring a member of the crew when he walks on the outside of the ship to disarm it. The story was self contained, but the following episode had them now have to deal with their damaged ship that can't travel beyond warp 2 and their tactical officer in sick bay. The the episode after that had them trying barter to get some fuel, again because of the events of that earlier episode. It was the kind of thing I expected to see in Voyager but never really happened.

I watched Star Trek Enterprise for the first time a few years ago and it had a hard job at times for me trying to be the prequel to the original series (TOS) but then again how do you make a prequel to something that was written back in the 60's and make it look and feel like it belongs? (I'm not talking about Star Trek New Voyages or Star Trek Continues here)

Sometimes it felt like I was watching something that happened after Captain Kirk and Spock not before it. Watch the whole series and it will make sense however. I think it lacked the feel that Gene had put originally into the series and there a bit of techno babble that I think he would have just removed. I think this is the feeling I might get when I get to watch Star Trek Discovery.

I finished through all 4 Season of Star Trek Enterprise. I feel like the show improved over time, although I didn't care for season 3 much, as it seemed to be the writers trying to deal with September 11 through Star trek, with a miserable 24 episode long story arch of earth being attacked and Enterprise out for revenge, but I enjoyed Season 4 and felt the show had got decent enough for it to run longer then it did...however, that final episode might be one of the worst finales to any TV show I've ever seen.

I don't even have a problem with there being an episode of Enterprise told through the holodeck on TNG. I actually like the idea of an episode being told this way and then having those events help Riker make a personal decision 200 or so years in the future thanks to what he has seen, is actually pretty cool. But, having the very last episode of the show told this way felt very wrong to me. You are seeing characters for the very last time, but there's Riker just chilling out in the background watching it all and distracting you from it. It also meant most of the cast were hardly in it.

Also the needless death of Trip too. Completely unnecessary to kill him off and we've seen that character get out of far worse situations in the past. There wasn't any time for any of the other characters to reflect on his death outside of Archer and T'pol chatting about it for barely a minute.

Edited by Helmsly

I finished through all 4 Season of Star Trek Enterprise. I feel like the show improved over time, although I didn't care for season 3 much, as it seemed to be the writers trying to deal with September 11 through Star trek, with a miserable 24 episode long story arch of earth being attacked and Enterprise out for revenge, but I enjoyed Season 4 and felt the show had got decent enough for it to run longer then it did...however, that final episode might be one of the worst finales to any TV show I've ever seen.

I don't even have a problem with there being an episode of Enterprise told through the holodeck on TNG. I actually like the idea of an episode being told this way and then having those events help Riker make a personal decision 200 or so years in the future thanks to what he has seen, is actually pretty cool. But, having the very last episode of the show told this way felt very wrong to me. You are seeing characters for the very last time, but there's Riker just chilling out in the background watching it all and distracting you from it. It also meant most of the cast were hardly in it.

Also the needless death of Trip too. Completely unnecessary to kill him off and we've seen that character get out of far worse situations in the past. There wasn't any time for any of the other characters to reflect on his death outside of Archer and T'pol chatting about it for barely a minute.

They probably only killed off Trip because they wanted to kill of Seven at the end of Voyager and changed their minds. It was possible it was something they still just wanted to do.

I posted it the Discovery thread too but Happenstance pointed me in the right direction to this thread.

I thought it might be worth mentioning this Deep Space Nine documentary on IndieGoGo. It's got most of the cast involved as well as the showrunner.

Unfortunately we're likely to get get stung by import fees for the physical Blu-ray.

Speaking of Star Trek, I've recently finished watching what I've not seen before, mainly The Original Series, The Animated Series and some of the TMP films. I'm now fully up to date.

I've still not watched TOS all the way through. Just can't get into it, not sure why.

And I'm also loving all the Voyager love. I'm also looking forward to Discovery!

I've just started listening to a podcast that is new to me: http://trek.fm/mission-log-home

Each episode they analyse a star trek episode, and they're doing them in order. They talk about the plot, the themes, how well it holds up today, and if there are any moral messages. I'm only just a few episodes in (and I started with TNG, so ep 97, I think) but it's making me want to listen to TOS because they reference it all the time and make it sounds good.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:08 AM, somme said:

I've still not watched TOS all the way through. Just can't get into it, not sure why.

And I'm also loving all the Voyager love. I'm also looking forward to Discovery!

Many things about TOS just don't hold up these days. Most of TNG holds up even 30 years later but TOS is majorly dated

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

ur01f3om78ctqxeooebx7has2.png

Loving the Voyager love shown here. Good people. My kinda people.

Not just Voyager but the Top 8 episodes are all Borg related...

37 minutes ago, Serebii said:

Not just Voyager but the Top 8 episodes are all Borg related...

That's because the Borg are freaking awesome. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That's because the Borg are freaking awesome. :D 

*Used to be awesome*. I think Voyager de-fanged them way too much that they barely seemed much of a threat by the end (not including Voyager's future upgrades in the finale).

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

*Used to be awesome*. I think Voyager de-fanged them way too much that they barely seemed much of a threat by the end (not including Voyager's future upgrades in the finale).

I actually liked that, especially with species 8472 getting brought into the mix. The Borg were some OP enemies and suddenly they were on the run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I actually liked that, especially with species 8472 getting brought into the mix. The Borg were some OP enemies and suddenly they were on the run.

Yeah but the Species 8472 stuff only lasted for 2 episodes, the Borg went back to normal with the only difference being Janeway felt confident taking on a tactical cube. There was very little reason for the change and I just thought they were much better when they were used sparingly and gave that sense of dread you could see in Best of Both Worlds.

• Like 1

Enterprise actually made the Borg good and scary again in my opinion, but then killed it once more when Phlox managed to cure assimilation.

15 hours ago, Serebii said:

Enterprise actually made the Borg good and scary again in my opinion, but then killed it once more when Phlox managed to cure assimilation.

Enterprise? What's that? I've never heard of it. :p

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It was the sequel to Quantum Leap.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Come on now. It's not that bad. Hell, Season 4 was incredible. Pretty much all 21 episodes (yeah I don't count the last episode trainwreck) 

Just now, Serebii said:

Come on now. It's not that bad. Hell, Season 4 was incredible. Pretty much all 21 episodes (yeah I don't count the last episode trainwreck) 

I never got that far. I dropped it at the first season. It's the only Trek series I never watched all the way through.