NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

I finished season 1 of TNG. It's pretty enjoyable and doesn't feel anywhere near as old as it actually is - I didn't realise that it's as old as I am (one episode even aired on the day I was born).

Also, there's a big Star Trek event in London this October. First five guests announced:

index_02.jpg

:o All five captains in the same place! <passes out>

When I was going through TNG last year (or was it year before that?). The first ep with the borg is was weird coz of how much they have altered there appearence. Suppose that could be said for a lot though, look at Worf in S1 compared to how he looks in the later seasons! Or even what is more weird than that is looking at Klingons in ToS!

I'm on Ep 16 of DS9 S4, got S5 bought ready! :D

Now that the TNG Season one Blu ray is out, anyone planning on getting it? I definitely will be at some point but £50 is just too expensive for one season so I will wait until a good price drop.

Heres some comparison shots from it:

So that would be £350 over the next four-six years or something for each season. It would have to go down considerably in price before I got it.

Since I last posted in here (April) I've completely finished The Next Generation, and (mostly) loved it. I've started on DS9 and season on is overall decent. Some good and some bad episodes.

I've also watched Generations (I'd already seen it) and it's still pretty enjoyable. It also looks amazing on Blu-Ray.

I wont be getting it.

It looks nice and all but yeah price is 2 high and considering it doesn't feel that long ago I was buying all the boxsets for just over £10 each a season I am in no hurry to replace them!

Holding off until all seasons are out. It's a bit ridiculous how they're spacing them out until 2015. I understand that they're still working on it, but still :/

First plot details for Star Trek Into Darkness!

"In Summer 2013, pioneering director JJ Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.

"When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organisation has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

"With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.

"As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew."

First plot details for Star Trek Into Darkness!

its a retelling of Khan's tale then, and since we don't know who cumbersnatch is yet, it certainly points to who he is without the official confirmation, i mean chess? one man weapon? what else could it be

either way hopefully awesome (unless they really screw the pooch and hash it up)

Speaking of Star Trek, I'm now on the final season of DS9.

Cool, what has been your thoughts in it as the series has progressed?

its a retelling of Khan's tale then, and since we don't know who cumbersnatch is yet, it certainly points to who he is without the official confirmation, i mean chess? one man weapon? what else could it be

either way hopefully awesome (unless they really screw the pooch and hash it up)

Could be, although it would have to be quite a big retelling, since Khan was never in Star Fleet etc. Could be something completely new or another character that I am failing to think of.

It's my favourite Star Trek, and it has some of the best characters - especially the recurring ones.

It's my favourite Star Trek, and it has some of the best characters - especially the recurring ones.

Good man. Same here :)

BTW, I'm not the only one who thought that the press release for Into Darkness sounds like a group of around 5-10 marketing men just slammed into the text, every generic soundbite they could possibly make into a coherent sentence am I?

Could be, although it would have to be quite a big retelling, since Khan was never in Star Fleet etc. Could be something completely new or another character that I am failing to think of.

its Gary Mitchell (you'll have to google him, i did)

its Gary Mitchell (you'll have to google him, i did)

Just had a check up on that and yeah it does sound like it could fit!

Finished DS9, it's brilliant. I also bought Andrew Robinson's book to read, as I love Garak.

In other news, here's the new The Dark Knight poster:

star-trek-into-darkness-first-poster.jpg

Nice to see London.

There is an extra scene at the end of the Japanese version of the trailer that trek fans will 'recognise'...

The name of the legendary villain that Benedict Cumberbatch plays has been revealed. He is...

John Harrison.

The name of the legendary villain that Benedict Cumberbatch plays has been revealed. He is...

John Harrison.

So not someone who existed in the lore beforehand. Excellent. That unties their hands

Although it seems that anyone who writes a news article on this information can't seem to fathom the concept that it could be a new character.

Although it seems that anyone who writes a news article on this information can't seem to fathom the concept that it could be a new character.

People complain when they retread out stuff. People complain when they do new stuff.

It's impossible to win in the days of the internet

^ It's true that no matter what some ppl do they still complain!

It has surprised me a bit that it's a new character... as the one that has already been suggested (not Khan, the other one) seemed to fit so well, even down to a female character in this film looking similar to the one that appeared in a TV ep!

Doesn't bother me either way tbh, I'm just really looking forward to seeing the film!