NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

Thing is though theres nothing that says the Armour would have had to be used past the end of Voyager. It was installed with the help of Admiral Janeway so it could easily be explained away that they just couldnt get it working again on other ships or any other number of reasons.

If we have to stick with the alternate universe for the movies then id much rather have the proper trek universe for any future tv shows. Its easy enough for them to say that it still exists but id rather see it in the form of a new tv show. Unfortunately two different universes running at the same time would be confusing for some people, mostly those new to trek that started watching because of the new movie.

The Ablative armour wasn't used after voyager series as far as they have given away.

Star Trek Nemisis is set after Endgame (you know this as you can see Janeway as an admiral talking to Picard via comm link). The only thing to be set after Voyager I think. Surely the Enterprise-E being the flag ship n all that would be covered in it first!

Either they could not adapt it to other ships, federation decided to destroy it as it is technology from the future they shouldn't have with the temperal prime directive n all that etc etc

As Happenstance says there is many reasons they could use really.

The Ablative armour wasn't used after voyager series as far as they have given away.

Star Trek Nemisis is set after Endgame (you know this as you can see Janeway as an admiral talking to Picard via comm link). The only thing to be set after Voyager I think. Surely the Enterprise-E being the flag ship n all that would be covered in it first!

Either they could not adapt it to other ships, federation decided to destroy it as it is technology from the future they shouldn't have with the temperal prime directive n all that etc etc

As Happenstance says there is many reasons they could use really.

The Defiant had Ablative Armour too, it was introduced in Way of the Warrior.

That's one of the reasons DS9 was cool. The Defiant. It was too "Star Trek" in the first two series, but then from Series 3 and the continuing storyline underpinning it all was just awesome. I always say that Battlestar Galactica (RDM version) was the TV series DS9 wanted to be: strong character development, real test of moral standing and a thumping good plot line holding it together.

Also, that battle in the Sacrifice of Angels, no other series ever got close to that. TNG was too holier-than-thou and Voyager was never ambitious enough to do it.

The Defiant had Ablative Armour too, it was introduced in Way of the Warrior.

I think although they share the same name they were different. As voyagers was a defence against Borg etc and I am assuming a lot more advanced.

Also, thinking about it, didn't the borg adapt to the Ablative armour at the end of Endgame?

I know the Borg in that ep were destroyed (with the queen) but the borg are a collective thought so wouldn't the adapted info still be there meaning the Federation would be unable to use it again anyway.

I think although they share the same name they were different. As voyagers was a defence against Borg etc and I am assuming a lot more advanced.

Also, thinking about it, didn't the borg adapt to the Ablative armour at the end of Endgame?

I know the Borg in that ep were destroyed (with the queen) but the borg are a collective thought so wouldn't the adapted info still be there meaning the Federation would be unable to use it again anyway.

I paid a very limited amount of attention to the end of Voyager, and I've never re-watched it. In fact, Voyager was interesting as a whole for about 15 episodes during the 4th and 5th seasons, then I just couldn't pay any more attention to it, because it went back to the original state of affairs.

To be honest they probably wouldn't have retrofitted the armour on all ships unless they really had to. Temporal Prime Directive and all that.

To be honest they probably wouldn't have retrofitted the armour on all ships unless they really had to. Temporal Prime Directive and all that.

*sigh* do we have to consider Enterprise as canon? Really? the world would just be a much better place if we pretended Star Trek ended with DS9 in 1999. It would mean we avoided Insurrection and Nemesis, and could plausibly pretend that Voyager mostly never happened.

And then we cold be surprised that after a near ten-year absence they resurrected everything with the Reboot in 2009! Wouldn't that be a much nicer world to live in?

But Enterprise and Voyager are the two best Star Trek series...

Also. Enterprise is now the only canon Star Trek series.

No, Enterprise is just the only one that happened in with universes. Everything else is still canon.

Voyager and Enterprise may not have been up to the quality of TNG and DS9 but I still enjoyed both of them.

Edited by Happenstance

But Enterprise and Voyager are the two best Star Trek series...

Also. Enterprise is now the only canon Star Trek series.

Why are you so determined to wreck our marriage?

Yes...I should probably watch TNG and DS9 properly. Waiting for the Blu-Rays.

Properly? How much of them have you actually seen then?

Probably a couple of seasons worth of both. But from episodes in completely random places.

Well then yeah you definitely need to watch both TNG and DS9 through from the beginning. With TNG coming out on blu ray its probably ok to wait for that but then after if theres no DS9 blu ray announcement you should just find a way to watch that instead of waiting.

*sigh* do we have to consider Enterprise as canon? Really? the world would just be a much better place if we pretended Star Trek ended with DS9 in 1999. It would mean we avoided Insurrection and Nemesis, and could plausibly pretend that Voyager mostly never happened.

And then we cold be surprised that after a near ten-year absence they resurrected everything with the Reboot in 2009! Wouldn't that be a much nicer world to live in?

I wasn't talking about Enterprise at all.

I wasn't talking about Enterprise at all.

Good. We shouldn't. That way it will go away sooner.

I loved enterprise! i will never let it die! NEVER i say!

(but we can ignore seasons 1 and 2 if you like they were bad)

I like Enterprise. I didn't when it first came out, but I do now. Took a while to get into.

I think the original series is good, very cheesy at times but I still enjoyed it. Rewatched them the other year. Some of their films were fantastic as well, such as 2 & I loved the comedy from 4.

TNG is one I loved, I think they are probably my favourite crew, except Troi grated a bit at times, oh and Wesley started to get annoying. Rewatched them all the other year. From the films First Contact is by far the best TNG film.

DS9 I remember watching that when I was a kid (back in the days when Star Trek used to be on BBC2) but I can't remember a lot about it now. I'm going to start watching through them very soon I think, amazon seem to have each boxset for about £10 each.

Voyager is another I loved, Don't really know why some people dislike it :(

And finally Enterprise is one I only watched one of two but never got into it...

I think some of the hate I had for Wesley was just from getting swept along with a lot of other Trekkies hate for him. I dont particularly remember disliking him when I originally watched TNG. When rewatching them now I dont really like him in the first season but they wrote him just a bit too young but once he becomes acting ensign I dont have a problem with him. Its a shame his scenes were cut from Star Trek Nemesis, would have been nice to get the conformation that he did end up finishing Starfleet Academy and was going to be serving on the Titan.

Ok well as im bored im gonna rank the Trek movies, feel free to join me :p

Wrath of Khan

First Contact

Undiscovered Country

Star Trek

Search for Spock

The Voyage Home

Nemesis

Insurrection

Generations

The Final Frontier

Motion Picture

The ones I've seen

Star Trek New

First Contact

Wrath of Khan

Voyage Home

Undiscovered Country

Generations

Nemesis

Insurrection

I'm going to slowly work my way through all the films though Lovefilm.

Also, I didn't realise the TNG Blu-Ray preview was out this month. £7.

Edited by Cube

Ok well as im bored im gonna rank the Trek movies, feel free to join me :p

Hmm, Bit hard to put them in order but I'm gonna say

Star Trek

Wrath of Khan

First Contact

Voyage Home

Undiscovered Country

Generations

Search for Spock

Nemesis

Insurrection

Final Frontier

Motion Picture

There is hardly anything in the top three, they are my three favourites so they are pretty much all number one :heh:

Wrath of Khan

First Contact

Undiscovered Country

Star Trek

Search for Spock

The Voyage Home

Nemesis

Insurrection

Generations

The Final Frontier

Motion Picture

Wrath of Khan

Undiscovered Country

Voyage Home

First Contact

Search for Spock

The others almost don't warrant rating. I don't include the reboot, because I think it's an apples and oranges comparison. If I did, it would still be middle of the list.

Wrath of Khan was just so...smart. So quotable, so well-shot, so well-acted. It was that near-perfect film that comes around once every few years. If Ricardo Montalban and William Shatner ever needed an epitaph, that film would be it. Both actors at the very peak of their abilities, two characters at such a crossroads in their lives: Kirk and his midlife crisis, Khan and his self-destructive desire for vengeance.

However, I still cannot watch the final ten minutes of the film without being brought to tears. That look on Kirk's face as the camera pans out from the engine room...such devastation, you really know his world has just completely shattered.

As of tomorrow I'll be starting a Star Trek marathon as Enterprise was really the first show I watched properly (I watched 60% of Voyager, but never really watched it properly). I'm skipping the originals as I'm not too keen on them so I'm starting from The Next Generation, then Deep Space Nine, then Voyager, then Enterprise.