NEurope
CooInTheZoo

The Mac (OS & Hardware) Thread

Sorry if this is too soon since the death of the Apple thread, but there's a new OS coming out shortly (?) and I've got a problem.

The spinning gay-pride pizza won't leave me alone. What's the best way to give your mac a good spring clean?

Died a horrible death of arguements. Many fanboys died. A terrible shame.

What happened to the Apple thread?

murdered.

Verify and repair permissions.

Which one first?

I also wish to know this but I am such a douche that I have no idea what verify then replair means.

Interested in seeing what they change in Snow Leopard - probably not much externally but there are lots of internal things apparently.

Type in spotlight disk utility, once your in select your HDD then click verify at the bottom and when thats done repair.

Snow Leopard: nothing really new, just really, really optimized. And maybe a new GUI! Marble would look very Vista-like, but Apple is also intimidated off course.

According to some rumors it could have some cool new features like recording your desktop actions and uploading them straight onto youtube.

I just can't see them releasing a new OS without some new features. Meh, I'm not going to be able to upgrade anyway on my current machine.

If this new OS really can run on next-to-nothing hardware, surely it means there's an apple macbook mini coming?

If this new OS really can run on next-to-nothing hardware, surely it means there's an apple macbook mini coming?

The rumor is an iPod Touch style device running on the iPod OS that's designed for people who want an Apple Netbook. I doubt they'd release a real netbook though.

What happened to the Apple thread?

Things apparantly got out of hand. Bunch of terrorrist, those Apple-thread-posters. They'de probably blow up the entire forum if you don't kill it off for a while.

Well, it always comes back. Like those people that lived in the real world in the Matrix. It just starts over untill this turns into an actual discussion, where our talking points would point how that Apple's pretty good at what it does, at wich point the microsoft fans visiting this thread are dissappointed and try to make trouble. I'm really looking forward.

Also, I'm not sure if Snow Leopard is going to be so good it can run on low-end hardware. Polishing is something, but pulling it off requires minimum muscle. For that Touchscreen device of larger size, it's rumored to be a bigger, badass iPhone OS...

Lately my computer randomly stops me from cmd+tabbing to switch between things going on and I have to restart. Tried relaunching finder and no luck. Any ideas which prevent the chore of restarting?

Lately my computer randomly stops me from cmd+tabbing to switch between things going on and I have to restart. Tried relaunching finder and no luck. Any ideas which prevent the chore of restarting?

And similarly my f3 window zoom thing button and Spaces occasionally stops working and I have to restart. It's rather annoying...