NEurope

I have this really annoying thing with hayfever that pisses me off above any other symptom - The roof of my mouth gets itchy. It starts tickling/itching a bit so you lick the roof* with your tongue and then it gets worse and you can't help but doing it, and it just feels horrible.

This is the bane of my life.

The only think I can do to make it feel better is to scratch with my tongue (resulting with some strange noises coming from my mouth that annoys everyone around me) but it never leaves!

Hehe, Hayfever. Like Heeeeey Juuuuuude. :)

It's never affected me, but I've always been around friends who've had it. I kinda wish I could...have it, at least for a while. Just to see what it's like. Although, what I think would help would maybe be the chilli pepper idea from the first post. Maybe eating a few curries here and there, as they're good at cleaning your system.

So, I say Curry. :)

Edit: Also, wouldn't scented candles help at all?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Bump

So yeah, my hayfever has come back now, and it's really pissing me off again. I've only really had the allergy for a couple of years, so I haven't really found the best medication for it. I haven't taken anything this year so far, and I was wondering if Boots still sold that allergy relief thing for a tenner or whatever?

Anything to stop the itchy mouth and eyes, the sneezing and the other nose problems.

It'll be another couple of months before this affects me. I get the itchy eyes and throat only, but it's seriously annoying. I still have a drawer right next to me here at work full of antihistamines and eye baths from last year.

Edited by Shorty

I get mine around June/July, used to be really bad when I was a kid with my eyes swelling up etc. These days I just take Piriton which works really well.

I suffer very badly from hayfever. I sneeze alot, my eyes burn, I can't breathe and sometimes I can't see a thing. I've tried the hayfever tablets and after a while, they stopped working. Then I saw an advert for a machine called the Alergy Reliever for a tenner from Boots so I bought it and ever since I've used it, I haven't sneezed or rubbed my eyes or anything. I'm so much happier now. I advise any people who have allergies to pollen, dust or pets to get it because it works.

I suffer pretty badly too. Really annoying in the Summer because I head out to the beach feeling happy about myself and then instantly turn into a snotty, sneezy, red eyes mess! Hayfever tablets never did anything for me either.

I saw that machine last year actually Dazz, was meaning to pick it up but I could never justify a tenner on something that might not work. Glad to hear it's helped you out though, might have a wander into boots today and pick one up.

I have hayfever symptoms all year round (medical stuffs) though mines not ALWAYS severe, its always there.

Anti histamines work the best, I'm not aware that theres a miracle cure...

@ dwarf - Maybe its worth seeing your gp if its that bad? Maybe they know what eet is.

I've already got a doctors appointment for Thursday : o

ahh thats good, hopefully you get a resolution =)

Hayfever tablets never used to work for me. But then last year i was doing my annual cycle through every brand and amazingly i found one that worked. Now a year later... i've forgotten which bloody brand it was.

Hayfever tablets never used to work for me. But then last year i was doing my annual cycle through every brand and amazingly i found one that worked. Now a year later... i've forgotten which bloody brand it was.

you MUST find out!!! for the sake of all of us :(

you MUST find out!!! for the sake of all of us :(

God i know!! Trouble is i'll not be inclined to go through them all again until my hayfever starts, but i guess i'll have to... and i'll let you all know which is the Holy Grail of antihistamines.

God i know!! Trouble is i'll not be inclined to go through them all again until my hayfever starts, but i guess i'll have to... and i'll let you all know which is the Holy Grail of antihistamines.

I am not kidding I'll be checking this thread waiting....

Remember to buy non-brand tablets rather than something like Zirtek. The active ingredient is the same, but the non-brand stuff is way way cheaper.

I get my hayfever drugs from Chemist Direct. 30 tablets for 30p. You have to factor in p&p, but buy a couple of months worth and it works out cheaper than even supermarkets own.

Brand doesn't make much of a difference. However there are different types of tablets. You'd be better off checking what type they are rather than the brand.

I am not kidding I'll be checking this thread waiting....

Well the annoying thing is it's proably different for everyone. Otherwise wouldn't this one brand be outselling all the rest?

Well the annoying thing is it's proably different for everyone. Otherwise wouldn't this one brand be outselling all the rest?

Maybe but then again I've been in a similar situation going through cycles :'(

Been outside today helping with a bit of gardening and it looks like my hayfever is starting a few months early this year, been getting the familiar tingle in my eye and have just started sneezing. Damn you hayfever!

Remember to buy non-brand tablets rather than something like Zirtek. The active ingredient is the same, but the non-brand stuff is way way cheaper.

I get my hayfever drugs from Chemist Direct. 30 tablets for 30p. You have to factor in p&p, but buy a couple of months worth and it works out cheaper than even supermarkets own.

Just noticed your post:

Don't buy them, get them free on prescription from the NHS.

(At least you can do if you're under 18, not sure about age band differences, if any)

I was out cutting the grass today, and I normally always sneeze because of grass pollen, but I didn't today, so I guess it hasn't broken out here yet.

My Hayfever is horrendous at the moment, I hate the fact that alcohol makes it worse. I must must must remember to pick something up for it tomorrow.

eyes have been irritated as hell for a few days, might be my allergy acting up. All I need now is a cat to walk into my room and it'll be complete!