NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

There's two Name Raters. One in Goldenrod, one in Lavender. They're the strange tents

I think there's a Name Rater in Goldenrod in the north of the city.

Thanks, I will change Monferno's name back if he'll let me!

Is it possible to change a pokemon's name in gold?

Nice team, do you think Ninetails is any good?

Yeah I think so, I evolved Vulpix at lv.24 since by then it finally learnt Flamethrower, once it became Ninetails I went and bought the Fire Spin and made it learn that. Since I have Soul Silver I was going to use this Pokemon, if in Heart Gold Growlith. When I got Vulpix, until it got up to lv.24 that was tough since it was really weak until then for me, but once over that it was awesome :D

This is my first pokemon game that I used non-legendary pokemon for the first time against the elite four so I am proud of myself with that ^_^

Now at the 98 hour point! Finally beat the Elite Four rematches now that I started focussing on my team rather than stick it on for random pokedex filling and doing the daily events.

Kept 'The End' screen on for about 10 minutes now as I love the little lullaby that plays that much.

There's some sort of construction going on, so I can't at the moment. I'm guessing that solving the whole power plant situation will allow me to do so.

How comes I can't travel to Mt Silver or Pallet Town? Is it because I haven't caught Ho-Oh?

Mt Silver you access when you beat all the Kanto Gyms. Pallet town you can get to by going through Digletts cave near Vermillion City.

It's truely fucking bugging me now about the limited rebattles, levelling up Pokemon for Pokedex completion really takes its toll without the VS seeker.

The Winner's Path route seems to be hitting America (and Europe, if the distribution follows suit of Yellow Forest) tomorrow. Huzzah!

May 5, 2010 -The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo of America Inc. will distribute the Winner's Path Route for the Pokéwalker™ accessory via the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection service. Beginning Thursday, May 6 through Friday, June 25, players of Pokémon HeartGold or Pokémon SoulSilver Versions who have wireless broadband Internet access will have the opportunity to unlock a new Route, which gives them a chance to discover extraordinary Pokémon and rare items particularly useful to the competitive Pokémon Trainer.

Pokémon fans who earn enough Watts on the Winner's Path Route might discover a Munchlax that knows Selfdestruct, and useful items such as the Focus Sash and Choice Band. They may even find a Magikarp™ that learns the move Bounce when it evolves into Gyarados™. All Pokémon captured in the Pokéwalker will be holding useful items that are difficult to attain during normal gameplay.

This unique distribution event is only available for a short time and may provide players with the edge needed to outplay their opponents during the 2010 Pokémon Video Game Championships. For more information about championship events or Pokéwalker distribution, players should visit http://www.pokemon.com.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=122598

The Pokémon Company International Offers Winner's Path Route Distribution

May 5, 2010 -The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo of America Inc. will distribute the Winner's Path Route for the Pokéwalker™ accessory via the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection service. Beginning Thursday, May 6 through Friday, June 25, players of Pokémon HeartGold or Pokémon SoulSilver Versions who have wireless broadband Internet access will have the opportunity to unlock a new Route, which gives them a chance to discover extraordinary Pokémon and rare items particularly useful to the competitive Pokémon Trainer.

Pokémon fans who earn enough Watts on the Winner's Path Route might discover a Munchlax that knows Selfdestruct, and useful items such as the Focus Sash and Choice Band. They may even find a Magikarp™ that learns the move Bounce when it evolves into Gyarados™. All Pokémon captured in the Pokéwalker will be holding useful items that are difficult to attain during normal gameplay.

This unique distribution event is only available for a short time and may provide players with the edge needed to outplay their opponents during the 2010 Pokémon Video Game Championships. For more information about championship events or Pokéwalker distribution, players should visit http://www.pokemon.com.

Link http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=122598

Why does Horsea go from looking like a cute little seahorse to a fucked up dried prune? Its just not fair on it.

Just connected... "The Yellow Forest!"

BZZZT WRONG TRY AGAIN DUMBASS

EDIT: It's up now!

Edited by Debug Mode

It's truely fucking bugging me now about the limited rebattles, levelling up Pokemon for Pokedex completion really takes its toll without the VS seeker.

I thought that at first but I dunno if you've tried this or not. Try going out the area where the rematch trainer is and phone them again, they always request another battle for me. Same goes for gym leaders, I just keep re-phoning them and battling them to lvl my pokemon for pokedex completion ^_^. Ignore this if you've already been doing that :P.

I just wrote down the trainers and gym leaders on what days so I don't have to keep switching my computer on the check.

I love self destruct Munchlax.

I remember when Explosion/Self destruct used to be TM prior to gen 3. I taught my Snorlax Self destruct and swept the floor with the final rival battles in Stadium 2.

Nothing says going out with a bang like an exploding lax. :)

Not sure how useful Bounce Dos' will be? Since it covers it's grass weakness normally with Ice fang, and I don't see fighting types being a real threat.

Long shot: anyone got a spare event Regigigas from the event last summer that I could have? Not sure what I could offer in exchange, possibly a Jirachi if I can get a completed copy of Ruby or Sapphire.

If not, would anyone trust me enough to allow me to borrow it and return it once I've got the three Regis in Platinum?

Just wondering if you still needed that event Regigigas? Is a Jirachi still on offer ;P? If not i'd trust you to return it to me ^_^, I know you posted this ages ago but I've not been on the forums for a bit so I was just reading through the posts.

If you're up for it we'll have to sort out when as i'm out tonight.

Just connected... "The Yellow Forest!"

BZZZT WRONG TRY AGAIN DUMBASS

EDIT: It's up now!

Yep, I have my Celebi in it right now

Although my Pokéwalker fell behind my desk and I cannot find it :s

I love self destruct Munchlax.

I remember when Explosion/Self destruct used to be TM prior to gen 3. I taught my Snorlax Self destruct and swept the floor with the final rival battles in Stadium 2.

Nothing says going out with a bang like an exploding lax. :)

Not sure how useful Bounce Dos' will be? Since it covers it's grass weakness normally with Ice fang, and I don't see fighting types being a real threat.

Well it does finally give Gyarados a flying move, a physical one at that. Although it has shit PP, shit accuracy and shit power for a two turn move :P

That said, Gyarados has been able to have this move since Platinum (Magikarp could get it at the Move Tutor there and in HGSS). This course just cuts out the middle man

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Just returned from a 15,000 walk and attempted to find either a Surfing or Flying Pikachu in yellow forest with no luck.

So I switched over to the winners path and caught the following 3 Pokemon.

Munchlax

@ Jolly

Thick Fat

Duskull

@ Bold

Levitate

Bronzor

@Naughty

Levitate

Now time to explode in someones face over Wi fi.

I've walked 10,053 steps today, it's time to catch a Pikachu! I don't actually have a pokemon in my pokewalker and I am using a wild Pikachu, so hopefully I will be fine.

Can someone tell me WHY THE FUCK I can't catch Lugia? I've reset the game at least 13 times now, each time using 20 Ultra balls with no luck. Gotten him down to 1HP with False Swipe and Paralysis every time and it rarely wobbles more than once, let alone finally catching. What the hell is going on? I don't want to use my Master Ball but I've spent at least 3 hours trying to catch this bastard Pokemon.

I caught him in a heavy ball, although, that was the Level 45 one in soul silver.

Finally got him in my Ultra ball. After hours and hours of trying I got it when I wasn't looking at the screen but I don't care.

Can someone tell me WHY THE FUCK I can't catch Lugia? I've reset the game at least 13 times now, each time using 20 Ultra balls with no luck. Gotten him down to 1HP with False Swipe and Paralysis every time and it rarely wobbles more than once, let alone finally catching. What the hell is going on? I don't want to use my Master Ball but I've spent at least 3 hours trying to catch this bastard Pokemon.

I caught Ho-oh after using a dusk ball as well! I threw so many ultra balls.. but nothign worked... and duskball worked first time..

Right, I'm stuck, I stupidly rushed through gym badges and now on my 6th badge and I don't have a bloody fishing rod to catch a water pokémon so I can swim. Damnit, where do I get a fishing rod?

:(

Right, I'm stuck, I stupidly rushed through gym badges and now on my 6th badge and I don't have a bloody fishing rod to catch a water pokémon so I can swim. Damnit, where do I get a fishing rod?

:(

There should be one in Olivine city (the place with the steel gym) that you can get for free! Its a good rod I think, so you wont just get nothing but magikarp!

But today I finished my Johto dex, finally decided to stop being lazy and pool all together the Pokemon I have across the generations, I'm missing a few 4th gen Pokemon but that will easily be rectified..