NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

You know I've still never seen a shiny, never got pokerus and never won that lottery thing (does anyone ever?).

*has a strop*

You know I've still never seen a shiny, never got pokerus and never won that lottery thing (does anyone ever?).

*has a strop*

Sucks to be you :p

I'm using a guide too.

Here's what it lists as effective move types for the different pokemon:

Umbreon: Fighting & Bug

Gengar: Psychic, Ghost & Dark

Houndoom: Water, Fighting, Ground & Rock

Murkrow: Electric, Ice & Rock

Vileplume: Fire, Ice, Flying & Psychic

I'm not actually using a guide. I just had a guide for, i think coloseum (Just so I didn't miss any of the shadow pokemon), that had a type chart. Assuming serebii's type chart is correct, the one in the guide was wrong.

*has a strop*

Doing more trades helps with the lottery, I won a master ball once and got 4th prize twice. The glories of putting up decent stuff on GTS for shit stuff just to get more trainer ID's..

Mcoy recently purchased this game and is at golden rod city. Mcoy has a few pokemon around level 22 and is just trying to capture and raise his favourite.

At the moment Mcoy has the basic squad: Bayleef, Pidgeotto, Pikachu and a Gyarados (Mcoy hates training Magikarps) Mcoy has plenty of pokemon in the safebox however he dosen't plan on raising them at the moment. Mcoy will be happy to provide his friend tag and do trades/battles if anyone is up for it.

Mcoy would like to know where you all get your pictures of your funky pokemon :P

Edited by Brian Mcoy

Here you go I took your money and bought you some useless Berries!

Why is my mum stealing my money!? >__<

Anyway he is my deliciously Sexy Squad:

446.png299.png453.png444.png148.png124.png

:grin: Togekiss wasn't working out for me and neither was Dunsparce.

Pretty much what I want now, I'm not going to evolve Nosepass, Munchlax or Dragonair.

I will evolve Gabite to into Garchomp. :D

Unsure whether I want to evolve Croagunk into a Toxicroak however! :)

Mcoy thanks you. Mcoy is running with this time after purchasing the game yesterday.

gbg025.gifgbg130.gifgbg017.gifgbg153.gif

Mcoy just beat the gym leader at Golden Rod however he still hasn't bothered to get another two proper pokemon for his last slots. Mcoy wants to get some different kinds but they are not available at the moment.

i've missed mcoy!

Mcoy is never too old to play Pokemon. Mcoys first day was pretty intereting, Mcoy walked into the first gym and the leader just GAVE the badge after Mcoy spoke to him, didn't even have to fight.

TM's give you a chance to teach your Pokemon a new move which it might not actually learn naturally as well as moves your Pokemon might learn at a later level. TM's are one use, HM's are infinite use.

Hold items such as Berries and such can do a variety of things to help you out in battles, from Healing your Pokemon to boosting some of your moves power. You need only see the description to see how it benefits the Pokemon holding it. Berries naturally can only have 1 use and then be used up so growing your own is important.

Ah thank you very much.

A few more questions I need some help on:

- I can 'GIVE' these to pokemon. Does that do anything?

- Say a pokeon ha a berry which builds attack; when does it actually use it, straight away or can you decide? I'm presuming it doesn't take a 'turn' using these?

- If you can teach pokemon moves they normally wouldn't... Is there really that much difference between all the different pokemon? If there is then what kind of advice does anyone have on choosing the right ones?

I'm still staggered at how much is in this game...

And do traded pokemon level up A LOT quicker than normal, or just a bit?

Ah thank you very much.

A few more questions I need some help on:

- I can 'GIVE' these to pokemon. Does that do anything?

- Say a pokeon ha a berry which builds attack; when does it actually use it, straight away or can you decide? I'm presuming it doesn't take a 'turn' using these?

- If you can teach pokemon moves they normally wouldn't... Is there really that much difference between all the different pokemon? If there is then what kind of advice does anyone have on choosing the right ones?

I'm still staggered at how much is in this game...

And do traded pokemon level up A LOT quicker than normal, or just a bit?

Hold items can slightly alter the performance of pokemon it battles.

I'm not really sure about stat changing berries. Usually they use HP restoring berries when they have less than full HP though.

Not all pokemon can learn all moves from TMs. Just ones they are "Able" to learn. Plus they have different types and other stats that factor into other things. A lot of moves aren't learnable by TMs anyway, and pokemon have to learn them either naturally, or by breeding. You can use Serebii's site for very detailed information on every pokemon. Usually though, you want to select your pokemon so that you have at least one pokemon on your team that has at least one move to take down each type. So you might have a water pokemon for taking down Ground, rock and fire, an electric type for taking down flying and water types, a fire type for taking out grass, ice, and steel types, ect.

The amount of extra experience points you get with a traded pokemon is significant enough that you'll notice the difference, but not enough that you should go that far out of your way to find someone to trade and trade back with.

Just a quick breeding question. Looking at Serebii's site it shows how you can get certain moves through breeding with certain partners. If I want two different moves, but there is no Pokemon that covers both can I breed one move onto a Pokemon with one partner, then put the offspring in to be bred with another?

FREEDOM!

I've finally been able to pimpsmack Lance and enter the sexy land of Kanto. All thanks to Kingler and Sandshrew.

Thinking of replacing Noctowl, it hasn't been living up to its potential. I'm torn between some other mon.

Just a quick breeding question. Looking at Serebii's site it shows how you can get certain moves through breeding with certain partners. If I want two different moves, but there is no Pokemon that covers both can I breed one move onto a Pokemon with one partner, then put the offspring in to be bred with another?

In theory yes. However, the father is the only one who passes moves

Early on in the game, is it worth training the first batch of Pokémon that you catch (The pidgeys, caterpies, etc), or to wait to catch higher level Pokémon?

I've got the first Gym badge and have currently only used my starting Pokémon (which is now the 2nd evolution of the fire one...can't remember the name).

Edited by Cube

I trained my Pidgey and am very disappointed with it but each to their own I suppose....

Can someone confirm that trying to get haunter to learn Hypnosis is impossible? I have looked at numerous guides and the Move Tutor lists on serebii's site don't seem to include it should I just give up?

Can someone confirm that trying to get haunter to learn Hypnosis is impossible? I have looked at numerous guides and the Move Tutor lists on serebii's site don't seem to include it should I just give up?

I'm sure I got my Gengar to learn it on Pearl...

I trained my Pidgey and am very disappointed with it but each to their own I suppose....

Blackthorn city, house next to the Pokemart has a move tutor. Haven't you tried that yet? Be sure you have a heart scale. 2nd from the left

No, I haven't bought HeartGold/SoulSilver, but I feel like I'm missing out, so I've started a new game on my American version (like that's significant, somehow) of Gold.

gbg159.gifgbg017.gifgbg012.gifgbg027.gifgbg180.gif

Not very far. Four badges, just got into Olivine. I found out today that are Shiny 'mon in Generation II, but something tells me I've no chance of coming across any (apart from Red Gyarados).

So yeah, screw you all.

EDIT: And the only shiny (apart from aforementioned Red Gyarados) I've ever caught in my life was this beauty in Ruby

pkrssh097.gif

Here you go I took your money and bought you some useless Berries!

Why is my mum stealing my money!? >__<

Anyway he is my deliciously Sexy Squad:

446.png299.png453.png444.png148.png124.png

:grin: Togekiss wasn't working out for me and neither was Dunsparce.

Pretty much what I want now, I'm not going to evolve Nosepass, Munchlax or Dragonair.

I will evolve Gabite to into Garchomp. :D

Unsure whether I want to evolve Croagunk into a Toxicroak however! :)

Croagunk and Toxicroak are in my hall of fame bestest Pokermanz evar.

Raped Clair first time today (used a shit load of revives and hyper potions though) but the bitch just couldn't handle Nidokings Ice Beam. :D