NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

just beat E4 on my first try. was not expecting it to be so easy. lance's dragonites were pretty intense, but thanks to blastoise's blizzard and using X-accuracy for the first time ever, it went over pretty well.

wewt.

The people behind localisation at NoA/E really need to sort it out, they've completely ruined the humour in this version of the game. :shakehead

I'd been slightly disappointed by the dialogue since I started playing anyway, but when I got to Celadon city's gym, that was the last straw. :mad:

Seriously, how's it possible to go from this:

pokefunny.jpg

Brilliantly funny moment on the GBA game, notice how the pervy old man doesn't even turn to face you as he's too busy checking out the women. Quality. :laughing:

To this?:

pokenotfunny.jpg

Now we get this politically correct crap, that isn't funny in the slightest. I'd be really interested to know if the Japanese version of HG/SS was written like that, highly doubt it though. :hmm:

Not cool. :nono:

Come on Nintendo, if you want your games to entertain and appeal to a broad audience you've got to stop with the pointless censorship. This might seem trivial to some people, but at the end of the day it's little details like this that make all the difference.

I don't think they could get away with that nowadays. They've already had enough bad rep lately calling people spastics :heh:

Does anyone trade or battle on here?! Doesn't seem so....

I'm up for it. I've only just got my second badge though if people are of a similar level.

What do you get for battling? You should get all the pokemon you defeat!! :)

Does anyone trade or battle on here?! Doesn't seem so....

I'm up for it. I've only just got my second badge though if people are of a similar level.

What do you get for battling? You should get all the pokemon you defeat!! :)

You get nothing! If I lost to you, I honestly wouldn't be at all happy with losing my prized Meganium and Electabuzz. ;) Much as I love ya Dazzy, no dice!

Decided on my last Pokemon so I busted him up with Moon Stone and Ice Beam and Earthquake from my Diamond, and traded him over. So now my team is

(Nidoking 24, all others 31)

34.png181.png156.png468.png148.png457.png

You get nothing! If I lost to you, I honestly wouldn't be at all happy with losing my prized Meganium and Electabuzz. ;) Much as I love ya Dazzy, no dice!

So you just do it for the sake of doing it? Hmm.

Can some explain to me how to deal with the letting pokemon hold stuff and the CD's you have in your bag (they are CDs aren't they?), the TM54 and such...? Don't get it.

Does anyone know how I can get my Haunter to learn Hypnosis?

I have a feeling I will be needing a heart scale as well so where do I get that? Thanks in advance

(Nidoking 24, all others 31)

34.png181.png156.png468.png148.png457.png

Lumineon and Nidoking add so much.

So you just do it for the sake of doing it? Hmm.

Can some explain to me how to deal with the letting pokemon hold stuff and the CD's you have in your bag (they are CDs aren't they?), the TM54 and such...? Don't get it.

TM's give you a chance to teach your Pokemon a new move which it might not actually learn naturally as well as moves your Pokemon might learn at a later level. TM's are one use, HM's are infinite use.

Hold items such as Berries and such can do a variety of things to help you out in battles, from Healing your Pokemon to boosting some of your moves power. You need only see the description to see how it benefits the Pokemon holding it. Berries naturally can only have 1 use and then be used up so growing your own is important.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

So do these remakes feature just the pokemon from the original versions, or are all the subsequent ones from R/S and D/P included aswell?

So do these remakes feature just the pokemon from the original versions, or are all the subsequent ones from R/S and D/P included aswell?

Apart from a few new evolutions, the Johto Pokédex remains largely the same as it originally was, I think. Once you see everything in the Johto Dex, the National Dex is unlocked which opens up all Pokémon.

I've had this game for three weeks now and my progress has been slow. But I now have eight badges and will embark to Indigo Plateau with my team of enslaved animals:

94.png160.png181.png214.png227.png241.png

I'd be enjoying this game more if it wasn't for the sheer amount of grinding you have to do in these games. Wild pokes and trainers are, for the most part, very under-leveled.

I've had this game for three weeks now and my progress has been slow. But I now have eight badges and will embark to Indigo Plateau with my team of enslaved animals:

I'd be enjoying this game more if it wasn't for the sheer amount of grinding you have to do in these games. Wild pokes and trainers are, for the most part, very under-leveled.

I had a bit of a nightmare training my Growlithe though.. It was lower in level than the wild pokemon in the region that I was trying to train him up in and he kept fainting after every other battle. I felt so bad. The area outside the Safari Zone and purchasing Fire Blast from Goldenrod strengthened him up nicely.

Gengar rules! I am going to train my Clefairy up next. These pokemon are incredibly annoying to battle, so it's kind of logical to have them in a team.

Apart from a few new evolutions, the Johto Pokédex remains largely the same as it originally was, I think. Once you see everything in the Johto Dex, the National Dex is unlocked which opens up all Pokémon.

That's only for DPP. You get the national dex when you beat Johto.

Your progress has been slow? I've had it for two weeks and still in Azeala town ^_^

Your progress has been slow? I've had it for two weeks and still in Azeala town ^_^

Jeez, thats Shuckle slow.

I keep faltering at the Elite Four. It is most displeasing. Karen's Houndoom is too much for me.

Slight bit of progress... After numerous failings I finally managed to get to Lance. But now I'm losing to him. Ampharos can take out his Gyarados, and Sandslash can take one Dragonite out... But it isn't working :'(

The moment they start using Outrage/Dragon Rush I'm done for.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Nice squad, you should do pretty well at the E4.

It's a shame with these games how if you have a squad of more than 4 pokemon you're in for some hefty grinding :/ I've stuck to a squad of 4 and am currently getting battered by the E4 second time round. Tempted to grind and EV train my red Gyarados to stand a chance, can't get past will!

I managed to beat the first 3 people fairly easily in the elite 4. Then I got to Karen. Anyway, is there a dragon type available somewhere in Johto that learns some decent moves before level 40? I figure a bug type would be a waste of time (for now), since one of her most powerful Pokemon is part fire.

I managed to beat the first 3 people fairly easily in the elite 4. Then I got to Karen. Anyway, is there a dragon type available somewhere in Johto that learns some decent moves before level 40? I figure a bug type would be a waste of time (for now), since one of her most powerful Pokemon is part fire.

Psychic, ice and fighting moves will help you defeat her.

I'm trying to get my 8th badge now, which will be a breeze. I'm not too bothered about the Elite 4, my Arcanine, Golem and Gengar should be able to handle almost all of them. Bruno's team (excluding Onix) and Karen's Umbreon are the only Pokemon that will be a challenge.

Interesting. I was going off some type chart I had in some guide from years ago. Which appears to be different form the one Serebii has on his site. Although, ice should have no extra effect on dark types. And Psychic is actually bad against dark. I think I might train up a fighting type though.

I'm using a guide too.

Here's what it lists as effective move types for the different pokemon:

Umbreon: Fighting & Bug

Gengar: Psychic, Ghost & Dark

Houndoom: Water, Fighting, Ground & Rock

Murkrow: Electric, Ice & Rock

Vileplume: Fire, Ice, Flying & Psychic

Just caught a shiny Dratini im so happy :D, the funny thing is I was on my to get that gift one :laughing: . I had to use the master ball as I ran out of others and my pokemon where to strong.

here is a picture sorry for the picture qulity lol