NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g090508_01.html

It's finally here!

capturarmop.png

Rough google translation:

Pokemon Gold, Silver, newborn to 10 years, Gold Silver Heart Seoul's release this fall!

Pokemon Corporation (President: Ishihara Tsunekazu), Nintendo DS, Pokemon soft heart of gold and silver, Pokemon, Seoul, will be released in fall 2009.

Heart of Gold and Silver Pokemon is Seoul, DS JOUTO local stage debut with the powerful features of the series so far is filled with the latest development as a new element. 1999 Since its launch in 1999, boasts the world's total 2300 sales of more than 10,000, the original film GEMUBOISOFUTO now・The Pokemon Gold and Silver from 10 years to newborn here.

Product Information

Heart of Gold, Pokemon ●

The Seoul Pokemon Silver,

Pokemon Ltd. [original sale]

[Production] Nintendo distributors

[Production] game freaks, Inc.

By Platform: Nintendo DS

RPG By Genre: RPG

[2009] Release date Expected release this autumn

Retail Price: TBD

Will it live up to the originals? What new features will it have? Will they cut Kanto off (please no!)?

Discuss!

Fantastic news. I've never played a second gen Pokémon game, so I'm really looking forward to this. Bet we won't get it this year, though.

Edited by Mike

The remakes are called Pokemon: Heart Gold and Pokemon :Soul Silver

Better translation Blue. :)

We learned on the 7th that "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver," the second entry in the popular RPG series, originally released on the Gameboy system in November of 1999, will be remade for the Nintendo DS this autumn under the titles "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver." New elements will be added in this tenth anniversary return to the Johto Region.

A continuation of the original series (Pocket Monsters Red, Green, Blue, and Pikachu), Gold and Silver recorded remarkable sales of 23,000,000 copies worldwide. It introduced monsters that hadn't appeared in the gameboy games, along with various new features.

Red and Green, the first games of the Pokemon series, were remade for the Gameboy Advance in 2004 as "Fire Red and Leaf Green," making this the second set of remakes. While Red and Green had fantastic upgrades in their transition from Gameboy to Gameboy Advance, this time the games are skipping the Gameboy Advance and going directly from Gameboy to DS. So they will almost certainly have drastically upgraded graphics and sound. Details will be released on the official site shortly.

Currently in development for the Nintendo DS are the newest entries in the Pokemon series: "Pocket Monsters HeartGold and SoulSilver." Taking place in the Johto region, the games will be upgraded with all of the series' current features and will also be paced with brand new features. This year marks the tenth anniversary of "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver's" release on the original gameboy, so its revival is only fitting. Since its release in 1999, the game has sold over 23,000,000 copies worldwide.

Screens of the remakes will appear in CoroCoro next week.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Excellenté! I take it this means we'll get it autumn 2010 though...

Time for my non-inside info influenced predictions :P

GS Ball given over WiFi. Activates Celebi in Ilex Forest. Lv 30

Oak's Letter will work in this game. White Rock at the end of Route 25 and extends eastwards.

Shaymin will get a new form, perhaps a Sea Forme

Kanto will be enhanced.

A new area, perhaps another island range or a small place north of Tohjo

Time for my non-inside info influenced predictions :P

GS Ball given over WiFi. Activates Celebi in Ilex Forest. Lv 30

Oak's Letter will work in this game. White Rock at the end of Route 25 and extends eastwards.

Shaymin will get a new form, perhaps a Sea Forme

Kanto will be enhanced.

You knew about the games before they were announced, didn't you?

Needless to say, there are 8 Pokémon I have purposefully left out of my Pokémon of the Week; Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Raikou, Entei, Suicine, Lugia & Ho-Oh. I started the 4th gen PotW in March 2007

What new features will it have?

Discuss!

Probably all the features in D/P/Pt. Except maybe not the Battle Frontier.

Needless to say, there are 8 Pokémon I have purposefully left out of my Pokémon of the Week; Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Raikou, Entei, Suicine, Lugia & Ho-Oh. I started the 4th gen PotW in March 2007

Serebii, you sneaky devil... :heh:

Still, awesome news. I may finally buy a new Pokemon game in god knows how long (I do hope Lance and Red become stronger this time)

Serebii, you sneaky devil... :heh:

Still, awesome news. I may finally buy a new Pokemon game in god knows how long (I do hope Lance and Red become stronger this time)

Honestly, did anyone not think G/S would be remade? G/S can't link up with the most current games and they're clearly another generation that could do with graphical improvement (like B/R).

I don't understand why people are excited. They're just remakes of games that aren't eve that old. Can someone explain to me?

Seems like a cheap cash-in from someone who is admittedly ignorant to all things pokemon

The games are 10 years old

Thats older than Red/Blue were when FRLG came out

What does Oak's Letter do again?

Opens up an area behind the White Rock in Route 224 of Sinnoh. Follow the path up and you have a wild Shaymin

When you do it, Professor Oak says they found a similar rock in Kanto

YES!

Day one. And I'm thinking that day will be in spring 2010. But who knows.

Not sure which one I'll be getting yet. Perhaps Heart Gold since I had Silver before.

What's the difference between a remake and a new Pokémon game anyway? I've only played Blue and Pearl and they seemed to be pretty much the same game.

Edit: Actually, there was one big difference: Pearl is the only game that has ever given me motion sickness.

Edited by Cube

Really happy this is official now. Can look forward to playing through what I feel are the best Pokemon titles. Hopefully, they'll be able to keep everything just as it was on the GBC but only improve the graphics and stuff. I don't want them to change the Johto experience much because that was fine as it was but they can improve the Kanto one.

I also think that since Pokemon started in the games, that Gold/Silver/Crystal have had the best inclusions to the original pokedex out of all the games. With the GBA titles and even the DS titles, you can see they're really scratching the barrel in terms of new pokemon ideas that don't merely appear as a different skin to those already available. Luigi and Ho-oh represent probably the best two designed and thought out legendary pokemon yet, at least I think so anyway, and the starting pokemon were brilliant. Cyndaquil will be mine once again. On my copy of Gold, I got that little one up to lvl 100. Could beat absolutely everything, even rock pokemon at the same level which I did when my bro and I battled. Showed how much of a beast he was in battle.

I love Chikorita, but I hate its evolved forms for some reason...

YES! YES!

Brilliant news, can't wait to get my hands on it :D Few things they've got to make better (Kanto, Elite 4 once you've got 16 badges, should be much better).

Great news though.

Kanto will be enhanced.

Yes please!! The Kanto part was a little shallow and easy. Let's hope for a more full fledged world on the Kanto side. It would be nice if Giovanni made it's return this time.

You knew about the games before they were announced, didn't you?

Anyone with a nice eye knew. There was data in the Diamond/Pearl that indicated you could receive pokémons from Johto.

There were also many subtle references. Even one of the Johto gym leaders appears in the game (Cynthia in a beach) EDIT: Ups, it was Jasmine. They also talk about professor Elm and the Red Gyarados.

It was just a matter of when. Let's hope the improvements are many. This time give Red a level 100 Pikachu!

Edited by Blue_Ninja0

If a mod wants to change the thread name to the respective correct names feel free to do so, but we don't know if the western names will be those specific literally translated ones.

I'm a bit like Cube on this one. What makes me interested in this one is the fact that it seems the only legitimate increment in the series and its two times the size of the other games.