NEurope
Dante

Activision announces DJ hero, Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero

GUITAR HERO® ANNOUNCES AUTUMN LINEUP FEATURING GROUNDBREAKING DJ HERO™ TITLE AND NEW GUITAR HERO® 5 AND BAND HERO™ GAMES

Innovative DJ Hero Game Expected To Transform How Consumers Engage with Music * New Guitar Hero 5, DJ Hero and Band Hero Expand the Category with Fun-to-Play Experiences and Innovative New Technologies and Features * Autumn Slate Delivers Largest Variety of Music and Hottest Artists

Thursday 7th May/... Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) is set to once again revolutionise how consumers interact with music by releasing three new titles this fall – DJ Hero™, Guitar Hero® 5 and Band Hero™ – that will redefine the company’s popular music gaming platform. The slate will transform the way consumers enjoy and engage with music by offering the largest variety of music genres, innovative technologies and new social entertainment experiences for existing fans and millions of new consumers who previously have not joined Guitar Hero’s global community of fans.

• The company’s groundbreaking DJ Hero expands Guitar Hero’s signature social gaming to all-new consumers with the addition of diverse music genres including hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance. Introducing an all-new innovative turntable controller, DJ Hero transforms players into DJs who rule the club scene by creating original mixes of popular songs and music from the world’s most exciting artists and DJs.

• Letting fans continue to fulfill their rock fantasies, Guitar Hero 5 features the hottest rock and roll artists today as well as classic rock bands and gives players an unprecedented level of control over the way they play the game with the ability to drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly.

• The franchises’ first E10+ rated console game, Band Hero delivers an exciting music collection featuring top-40 hits designed to expand the experience to a new genre and appeal to a broad family audience who can play together on the guitar, drums, bass and microphone. The game builds upon Guitar Hero’s easy-to-play, difficult-to-master signature gameplay and allows novice players and expert fans to join together on their favourite songs.

“Guitar Hero has made music social again and has become one of the most popular ways to experience music,” said Dan Rosensweig, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Guitar Hero franchise. “Today’s fans enjoy a variety of music and are looking for more ways to engage with their favourite songs, artists and fellow fans. These games will let them listen, participate and socialize with music in ways they have never been able to before.

COO John Pleasants show the music genre has been way down this year compared to 2008, falling 36% during this year's first quarter and 42% in March alone. As a result of this sharp downturn, EA is expecting Rock Band to lose $400 million in 2009.

I wonder why. >_>

So theres 6 Guitar Hero games this year? Talk about exploitation..

GH 5

GH Smash Hits

GH Metallica

GH Van Halen

GH On Tour : Modern Hits

GH Arcade

I think Band Hero is more kid-aimed, it is to help people get into it easier I guess? Either way it's just another way of reskinning the same engine to make more money. DJ Hero isn't exactly a recent announcement, but it's way down there with the last games I would ever ever buy :/

I'm going to hold off on any more of these games for a bit, see if Rock Band 3 is enough of a change on the previous titles next year (?). On the other hand, once I'm not living with at least 2 other people, I don't see myself playing these kinds of games anymore anyway.

DJ Hero could be good depending on how the controller works and the song list. I'll pass on the others though. I imagine ill get Rock Band Beatles as long as the songs can be exported to RB2.

Controller for DJ Hero looks utter turd mind. Literally a disc with three buttons on it. Yay? :blank:

Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk Milk

Seriously tho.. there pushing it WAY too far

3 buttons to press on dj hero....isnt that gunna be just a tad to easy :/

ill wait and see what the song list is like hopefully not much r&b tripe

why cant they just release one guitar hero game a year grrr milk city

I think the only reason I'd be interested in playing DJ Hero was for the Motown stuff but even then I bet they mess around with them and make them dance-y ruining them.

I think they really should give Guitar Hero a rest for, oh lets say, 5 years or something. They're saturating the market beyond belief. I know Rock Band is there but they brought in the other instruments and managed to actually integrate them well into the overall experience. GHWT didn't manage this and just felt like a copy-cat. Guitar Hero's hook was the great guitaring and while it was sort of retained in WT, albeit only when you got to the last set of songs, it just couldn't match that of GHIII. So yeh, they need to stop making the games for a couple of years. Let everything settle and then come out slowly with them again and get people interested because people are gonna see GH5 and Band Hero and think they're virtually the same game as last year's entry.

Might as well admit it. GH has become the new Mario Party/FIFA/Madden/*insert any sports game here*.

3 buttons to press on dj hero....isnt that gunna be just a tad to easy :/

I assume you have to turn the disk as well, otherwise nobody would buy the accessory. And Kotaku are suggesting there might be hidden features out of shot - crossfaders or something.

Edited by Shorty

I've not been in this board for a few days and yesterday I was listening to Battlestar Scralatchtica and wondering "they couldn't do this on Rock band. They'd need decks." and BAM! Here it is :P

The controller looks like it needs a surface to work on/would be cumbersome on lap (of course, we're judging scale based upon the buttons. I'm guessing you hold one down and turn it a set distance, maybe switch fingers to pull it back. Wondering if it will be spring-loaded to return to a default position.

There's not much out of shot, maybe one button there? Maybe some 'trigger/shoulder' buttons? Any which-way, it still looks shoddy... but the music on that sounds way more interesting than the generic rockathon.

I think the only reason I'd be interested in playing DJ Hero was for the Motown stuff but even then I bet they mess around with them and make them dance-y ruining them.

Same worries here. First though was "not my thing", 2nd was "ooh, Motown!" and 3rd was "they're gonna fuck Motown up, aren't they?" :(

So theres 6 Guitar Hero games this year? Talk about exploitation..

GH 5

GH Smash Hits

GH Metallica

GH Van Halen

GH On Tour : Modern Hits

GH Arcade

You missed GH: Greatest Hits :p Seven games!

This is just terrible. This trailer has made me rage. The songs are either songs already on Guitar Hero and/or Rock Band and the rest are just fucking wank that just aren't for a game like this. Taylor Swift and Lily Allen? Who the fuck would listen to these two and think "You know what? These songs would be brilliant on Guitar Hero."

Lego Rock Band and Band Hero are both equally pointless - and both have shit playlists - but this is worse. Lego RB has the whole Lego thing, which is shit, but not as shite as this. This is just cringeworthy, rage-bringing, cash-cow milk.

Fuck you, Activision, you cunts! Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you and that stupid bloke with that really punchable face.

Utter wank! :angry:

I'll stick with Rock Band ty, kthxbai!