NEurope
Dyson

1 vs 100 - Xbox Live Primetime

Where do access this? Is it under arcade - new arrivals?

I'm afraid it's currently available in the UK, France and Germany.

Pretty crap. There was something like 70,000 people playing and vying for 101 places with a chance at a prize.

Pretty crap. There was something like 70,000 people playing and vying for 101 places with a chance at a prize.

Aye but that's 101 places each round and in the rules I'm pretty sure it says you can't be in the mob more than once per session. Must have been at LEAST 25 rounds played... soo around 2500 spaces? 1 in 28 chance of getting picked once over the entire two hours? Still kinda crap odds. I guess the total number of people playing will vary though and with this being the first day it's likely it was unusually high.

Seems like there are shit loads of prizes given out though to be fair. A good couple of hundred XBLA titles must have been won in that session.

Only twice was it when the mob won they didn't win anything because the one got disconnected, that is sorely unfair to those 100.

Yeah but the mob doesn't win anything anyway unless 40 (30?) of them are knocked out so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. The rules regarding prizes are too confusing!

Only twice was it when the mob won they didn't win anything because the one got disconnected, that is sorely unfair to those 100.

So... if you're the one and a sore loser you could just turn your 360 off when it goes pear shaped?

I had a little go, it was ok but you're basically just a spectator, the chances of actually being one of the 101 are slim so you'll likely just sit around wasting a few hours watching lifeless animations win lots of MS points despite doing worse than you.

Aaarrrgh, I am annoyed I forgot about this tonight! Though my internet was temperamental at best so I probably wouldn't have held out :(

So... if you're the one and a sore loser you could just turn your 360 off when it goes pear shaped?

Hence why this is a Beta I suppose - I'm sure they'll work out the kinks.

Had a go for about half an hour and seemed to get into the mob fairly easily, didn't get selected as 'the one' as I had my privacy settings set to private initially and I believe that prevents you from being selected (other than the fact that the odds are slim).

Seemed OK for a beta and still needs work obviously, but I reckon this will get an occasional look in.

Adverts/breaks were a little too frequent but that is more preferential than paying to play.

Prizes aren't active at the moment, but if the indicators were representative of how frequent they will be given out when it does go live, there should be plenty of opportunities to grab some goodies.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

Played the 1 Vs. 100 Extended Play last night for the first time. And did I get a crappy category. Bloody football! Didn't do great, think I got just over 30% correct, but I did get a half decent amount of points because quite a lot of people got some really easy questions wrong. Anyway, it's interesting to say the least but I doubt it's something I'd find myself coming back to over and over again.

So how exactly do you get to be in the mob or the one in 1 vs 100. I can't believe how easy some of these questions are at the moment, and also at what some people are getting wrong...

So my sister was in the mob tonight! Put a totally different spin on the game. Was pretty exciting as well - unfortunately the One took the money on question 3 or 4 (leaving with a measly 1200 MS Points) so my sister didn't get anything but it was still awesome seeing her avatar up there with the dotted background and everything :D

So much fun. Who'd have thought general trivia would be so exciting? *shrug*

Played my first game yesterday evening. Quite entertaining, feels like Buzz in a way, but fighting the rest of the country to get those points. Can never get as high as some of the other people, even when I've answered all the questions right. CRAZY FAST PEOPLE!

Anyone having trouble joining right now?

I just get the button to download it (which I have) and when I click it, it says it can´t complete the download...

I can imagine this being way better than Buzz on Home, in this at least you're on your own and you can't be persuaded by other peoples choices.

Many disconnects tonight? Really put me off last week >.>

Yea, lots. I prefer the non-prize shows (there is little chance of winning a price), as you get more than 3 questions before a long break.

This was fun the first 3 or 4 times. It just got a bit dull though. I had the same questions come up a couple times.

I'd only play this if they added local play as well.

And if Live was free. I really do see less and less point paying for Live.