NEurope
Dyson

1 vs 100 - Xbox Live Primetime

custom_1241614220322_1v1001.jpg

Now that more news has surfaced about the game, coming to XBL for free, is anyone else looking forward to the game at all? It's certainly something new and different, giving everyone a chance to play in a game show and win real prizes.

New previews and hands-ons today paint really promising pictures of how this could turn out so I'm definitely looking forward to this. Winning MS Points or a free Arcade game? Awesome! :D

Kotaku:

Microsoft's plan for 1 vs 100 is for the multiplayer game show to run for 13-week seasons. Each season will offer players the chance to gain 200 Achievement Points. New season, new Achievements.

Because 1 vs 100 is free to Xbox Live Gold subscribers (who have to pay annually for Gold, of course), these will be some of the cheapest Achievement Points achievable on the system.

No word yet on what the Achievements will be.

--

Hero Of Time will love this, free achievments :P

Hero Of Time will love this, free achievments :P

You know me to well :) Saying that I have been quiet as of late when its come to my points whoring, I will have to do something about that....

This IS coming to Europe, right?

Thats a good question. We do seem to get screwed out of most things in Europe.

Yeah, it is. They have local teams of writers for the questions regions too which is nice. Ireland, UK, Canada, N. America, France, Germany and a few more I've forgotten. Dunno what they'll do about the timezone difference aspects though. I wonder if we might have our own UK host?

Was wondering where the hell this had disappeared too. Remember this being a big selling point for NXE, I thought it was going to be integrated to that in some way at launch. Better late than never.

What's to stop you sitting there with a laptop and wikipedia?

So those who are forced to renew their subscription are the ones who can get it for free or is it any type of Subscriber?

The impression I get is that it's just free for anyone with XBL Gold in any form.

What's to stop you sitting there with a laptop and wikipedia?

From what I read the answer have to come quick so you apparently don't have enough time to search for answers. Is what I read.

But there's nothing stopping two people playing, one on a pc, the other on the game. Depends how quick they want the answers to come.

Pretty much guaranteed to get saddo cheaters on this. It seems quite fun and I for one would actually prefer to play it fairly. Unfortunately most people aren't like that and will just google...

Kotaku's impressions of the game stated that you just wouldn't have time to google the answers. Guess that means there's a pretty severe time limit.

There's a Joystiq video which gives an idea of how things will work. Personally I'm pretty suspect about the prizes in the demonstration, though; they seem a bit generous to me, unless there's only one "showing" a day or something.

There's one "Live" event a night, two nights a week (Friday and Saturday). It lasts for 2 hours and they get through multiple rounds of the game, not sure how many. This lasts for a season of 13 weeks. The Extended Play events or whatever they're called don't have a live host and there are no prizes as far as I know - but playing it gives you a higher chance to be picked for "The Mob" in the Live shows.

Ahh, in that case I rescind my scepticism. About the prizes, anyway; the game's biggest problem will most likely by the Live audience, unless Microsoft will be issuing bans and such for being disruptive.

To be clear I think this a really good move on Microsoft's part. If it works out I can see them having a different programme on every day of the week in a year or so.

Can you imagine it? I'm genuinely shocked there's no entry fee though. I certainly wasn't expecting it to be free at all, especially seeing as there's prizes. I guess the advertising and revenue in new subscriptions will make up for it.

Giant Bomb have over 30 minutes of footage from one of the live Canadian Beta shows. Albeit not that live, but it at least shows you how everything works.

I actually watched the entire thing, and whilst it's fair to say I was pretty bored at 7AM on a Sunday I think this could be an excellent thing to play with other people in the room so that you can pool your knowledge. I found it strangely addicting to watch, so I can see myself regularly trying to take part when there's actual MSP up for grabs.

Major bump

The BETA starts in 2 hours time, who else is gonna have a go? Is the beta region specific?

Edited by Emerald Emblem

anyone reckon this is actually any good? dunno if i'll bother

Major bump

The BETA starts in 2 hours time, who else is gonna have a go? Is the beta region specific?

There's nothing here.