NEurope
tapedeck

Do console designs matter to you? (Is the N64 black, grey or charcoal?)

To be honest, console design doesn't matter to me at all. Ok, i do refuse to own a pink console for reasons that seem obvious. But other than that, it doesn't matter.

At present, i own a Black Xbox360 and a White Wii. I did own a black GC, a purple GC and a Grey N64.

The purple Gamecubes were called "Indigo" and just incase someone asks, the silver one was called "Platinum"

Anyone know what the names for the colours of the original GBAs were. The transparent indigo one was "Glacier", but I can't seem to remember the others.

Lol.

Ok, let's see something here. First of all, pictures can't really be used (although I'll use one of a pair of jeans further down my post :heh: ), because you're looking at a computer monitor. You have to look at the console for yourself.

I just looked at my N64 and it indeed is not the traditional black like my TV controller is, or the black leather chair I'm now sitting on is, or indeed the black logo the N64 itself has on its front. One would have to say it is definitely clearer than black, and thus dark grey.

BUT, there is a but. :D And this brings me to the black jeans.

jeans_0.jpg

Those jeans above are called black, although they clearly are not.

I personally own 3 pairs of black jeans, 2 of them are "true black" and the other ones are like those ones above, which would be grey. But we call them all black.

The N64 could fall in the same category as those jeans because frankly, saying "my dark grey N64..." sounds a bit stupid. :heh:

So my opinion is, whilst the N64 is not technically black, it can be and indeed is reffered to as black.

:)