NEurope
tapedeck

Do console designs matter to you? (Is the N64 black, grey or charcoal?)

It's funny but that's the shape of the front of the 360, which you claim to look nasty.

Well, the one is a console. The other a handheld. They are both concave, but that's where the similarities it ends IMO. It's hard to compare designwise, as it's a different functionality. I can understand one likes the GB-micro concave design, but doesn't dig the 360 concave front.

I personally loved the redesign of the PSOne, it was just so cute

True, a considerable step up from the original design. And so small... Amazing feat at the time.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Really? Just look at it. It's the same damned shape, man. I just don't remember the name of that shape now... It's a squeezed in rectangle. Same shape of a famous cookie I don't remember the name now, too. Look at the GBA and look at the front panel of the 360. And look at the cookie, if you know the one I'm talking about. Same shape. Undeniable fact.

Shape does not equal design. Also the 360 is about 5 times longer, about 2 times higher than the micro. The material used is different. The styling is also different.

Not to mention the DS has a screen and controls on it. They serve entirely different functions.

It's like comparing the Empire State and the Chrysler Building. Except that would be more accurate since those two things serve the same purpose.

They may have a similar, definitely not the same, front end shape, but as I said, shape does not equal design.

Plus the 360 has that horrible off white that looks like it's made out of recycled airplane seats.

Ok, but I never said they had the same design, I said they had the same shape. Why would anyone say a handheld and a console have the same design? I always used the word shape, you imagined something that wasn't there and refuted my statement, which I maintain. People on the internet should really think a bit more about what they read, mate.

Ok, but I never said they had the same design, I said they had the same shape. Why would anyone say a handheld and a console have the same design? I always used the word shape, you imagined something that wasn't there and refuted my statement, which I maintain. People on the internet should really think a bit more about what they read, mate.

Fair enough, but you assumed I disliked the 360's solely on it's shape when you compared it to the micro. No?

It's funny but that's the shape of the front of the 360, which you claim to look nasty. :heh:

You should probably think about what you read and then write.

You should probably think about what you read and then write.

Don't be cheap... I did, you didn't. This is over. People find it so hard to admit being wrong on the net, like it's any threat to their personal integrity.

And please don't reply I'm making that same mistake myself.... that would be ultra cheap. And probably daft...

OK boys, if you really have to make an issue out of this, let's have a clean, fair fight... on the PM-board.

On topic: I regret I never owned the SNES 2 / Super Famicom Jr. The best console IMO in one of the best designs? Gaming nirvana...

SuperFamicom_jr.jpg

The NES redesign wasn't too shabby either.

300px-DSCN2594.JPG

Let's face it: videogamesystems are art. ;)

Edited by Strange Cookie

1) You said they had the same shape and implied that is why I didn't like it. - So you did make an assumption. Otherwise why make you initial post?

2) I then explained that shape and design are not the same thing. - So even if you didn't mean design, I was only explaining why the comparison in shape is utterly absurd.

Please, point out the flaw in the logic.

SuperFamicom_jr.jpg

The NES redesign wasn't too shabby either.

300px-DSCN2594.JPG

Let's face it: videogamesystems are art. ;)

Good God they burn my eyes!! Not a fan at all. I love the SNES 'icon' on the PAL/JAP versions - the one that mimics the 4 face buttons on the controller. Very sleek. The US SNES was just....purple?! Makes me think of purple violets for the XYAB buttons.

I also liked the Gamecube top - where you could customise the round bit. I remember some magazines giving away Prime/Wind Waker fascias. Kinda pointless but at least it was fun.

I also liked the Gamecube top - where you could customise the round bit. I remember some magazines giving away Prime/Wind Waker fascias. Kinda pointless but at least it was fun.

I totally forgot about that! Yes, it was utterly pointless, but it was indeed fun. I remember putting a Luigi's Mansion fascia in mine. Yes, I have a Luigi's Mansion fetish. :D

There were some pretty neat fascias outthere.

That's one thing I've always wanted to do, customise my Gamecube or Wii. I'm tempted to get a second Wii in the future, and to do some customisation with it, but I really don't trust myself to do a good job. Former Manchester United goalkeeper Masimo Taibi has got better hands than me, and he was rubbish!

Hehe Masimo! Loved that nutmeg he suffered against Letissier!

Edited by dwarf

Hehe Masimo! Loved that nutmug he suffered against Letissier!

He was bluddy crap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxmFGrDF8Q

Definitely a face-palm moment. D'oh. :(

So, for that reason, I wouldn't allow myself to modify or customise my Wii or Cube, haha. Although, sometimes it can look cheap, but sometimes it can look cool if it's done right.

mariowii1.jpg

Just found that after doing a quick google search...

Yellow Game Boy Pocket was the best looking Game Boy by far.

imggame-boy-pocket1.jpg

I also LOVE the Silver PSP 3000.

2783262592_cb97439d46.jpg?v=0

2782408671_7cfbbf73d5.jpg?v=0

Edited by Caris

There's a very nice looking blue PSP on the go- think its Jap only though... well its defo not out in the UK.

There's something great about Nintendo Yellow.

I chose the Yellow N64 controller over all the other colours... love it!

2679977696_46c1a30369.jpg

Yeah I have one of those yellow ones, and the yellow Gameboy. For some reason it works with Nintendo stuff.

The thing with games and consoles is that I try to pick them up in their original colours. I don't tend to pick up the alternative coloured versions that appear down the line.

I've got a grey N64, but I do have the black cube. Purely because the place I pre-ordered from ran out of purple, but black is still very smart. In the longrun, Nintendo probably should have marketed that one heavily and not the purple cube.

I've got a grey N64,
N64's are black!

765pxnintendo64.jpgn64sys.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

I'd say they were dark grey.

Mine is definitely black - no questions asked.

I really liked the indigo/purple colours they had going on a while back - my GB Color and Advance are that colour as well as my Cube.

Edited by Captain Falcon

WTF! they are! they're the same colour as the black controller! *see above pics* ^

Edited by Retro_Link

It's definitely not black, man. Put it next to the black gamecube, there is a difference. It's dark, dark grey!

The N64 is defo black!!

I also am a fan of the see through purple stuff. I have a GBC and GBA thats see through purple- wish they made a DS/Lite/i in that colour. :love:

It's definitely not black, man. Put it next to the black gamecube, there is a difference. It's dark, dark grey!

Yes there is a difference - one is a matt and one is glossy - but they are still both black.