NEurope
Mokong

Pacquiao vs Hatton

No thread for this yet? Would have thought there would be, find it hard to believe there's no boxing fans on these forums?

I'm staying up to watch it, can't wait should be an awesome fight.

I'll be cheering on Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao hoping he'll take the win before the 12th round.

Find it a little weird though that 2 days ago I was in the Philippines (pictures etc, up Sunday afternoonish) which would have been the best place (other than Vegas) to watch and cheer for Manny, wish I was still there as there should be an awesome atmosphere in my cousins house whose got Cable so can watch the fight live... public TV channels show the fight in the Philippines free but 4 hours delayed with 10 fraking mins worth of adverts between each round, crazy, so you gotta either have cable or book a seat at a cinema showing it live... which I guess would also be an awesome place to watch.

I hate watching the matches before the main event though, come on a hurry up damnit, get to the main show.

pacquiao-hatton.jpg

Edited by Mokong

I wanted to go to the pub to watch this, but my mate has his girlfriend around for the weekend, so that didn't happen.

Fuckers, wanted to see this. :(

I can't see anything but a Pacman win, I think its going all the way with Pacquiao winning it on points, mainly from the earlier rounds.

no head movement, no jab!

Hatton fought the same stupid way he that he said he was moving away from. He has to retire. Do not fight a washed up junior witter as I have no interest in that fight.

I reckon this has done at least 600,000 UK PPV buys..

woo i predicted right for this, 2nd/3rd round for Pac and it came, truly was a career ending KO, Hatton shouldnt fight again, 2 in a row, he cant move up now, GAMEEE OVER.

Well I stayed stayed up late, did my best not to go to sleep... the least Hatton could have done was stay awake too!

I'm sure I heard Pacquiao shout Shoryuken as he landed that punch, that was a move ripped right out of Street Fighter that was! Haha

everyone saw this coming a mile away but not in that fashion, so dissapointed, went into town o watch the fight as well, thats def the end of hatton, supposed we have pac vs mayweather and haye to look forward to....... o man even as a boxing fan i cant face that... sad day for british boxing

Damn, shocking and amazing at the same time.

I was hoping for a Pacquiao win, but watching the Pre-match stuff, Hatton appeared to be confident and appeared to know what he was doing but when the bell rang it was bloody clear he was way too over confident and didn't take Manny serious or prepare for him.

Where on the other hand Manny knew exactly what he was doing, his trainers scouted Ricky to a tee and knew what to do, what to watch for and how to prepare. Plus his speed compared to Hatton was like an F1 car vs a regular road car, add to that the power he had in those punches. I mean that knock-out punch looked like a brick smashed Hatton in the face, and he just fell flat back almost in the middle of the ring.

Kinda funny, in all the build up it felt like few people took Manny serious, hell the match almost didn't happen cuz Ricky didn't want to split the payments 50/50 saying he was a bigger "draw" than Manny was, maybe true, as Manny doesn't do a lot of showboating or talking that others like Hatton and Mayweather would do, he does his talking in the ring. Least now he should have the international recognition he's deserved for a long time.

And I am hoping with Mayweather coming out of retirement what a fight that would be if he gets in the ring with Manny.

I'm so tired after staying up to watch this then following it with a monster gaming session! I'm now going to do my best Hatton impression...

...go to sleep! Hehe

Damn, shocking and amazing at the same time.

I was hoping for a Pacquiao win, but watching the Pre-match stuff, Hatton appeared to be confident and appeared to know what he was doing but when the bell rang it was bloody clear he was way too over confident and didn't take Manny serious or prepare for him.

Where on the other hand Manny knew exactly what he was doing, his trainers scouted Ricky to a tee and knew what to do, what to watch for and how to prepare. Plus his speed compared to Hatton was like an F1 car vs a regular road car, add to that the power he had in those punches. I mean that knock-out punch looked like a brick smashed Hatton in the face, and he just fell flat back almost in the middle of the ring.

Kinda funny, in all the build up it felt like few people took Manny serious, hell the match almost didn't happen cuz Ricky didn't want to split the payments 50/50 saying he was a bigger "draw" than Manny was, maybe true, as Manny doesn't do a lot of showboating or talking that others like Hatton and Mayweather would do, he does his talking in the ring. Least now he should have the international recognition he's deserved for a long time.

And I am hoping with Mayweather coming out of retirement what a fight that would be if he gets in the ring with Manny.

he prepared the best he could and took manny very seriously. Hatton just made the same errors he has always made.

He has always been too easy to hit.

About time someone wiped that stupid smirk of that Mancunian fool. Considering Hatton was most people's pick to win, I'm a little surprised by how one sided that contest was. Surely it's about time he called it a day, what else has he got left to do other than more repeats of last night.

Just watched it on youtube, man the finishing punch was a powerhouse lol!

Watching it again, still amazed by that KO punch, I mean damn, if he hit a brick wall with that he'd likely leave a giant hole.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hatton was seeing stars afterwards... more specific, 3 Stars and a Sun

I watched a vid on youtube with American comentary, find it funny, after the 2nd knockdown in the 1st round on Sky the commentator reffered to Manny as a Typhon, on the American commentary the commentator calls Manny a Tsunami at exactly the same moment

Full Fight from YT best quality I could find

Watched it round Ollies (oli1983uk) house. Bit gutted for Hatton, thought he would have lasted a few more rounds but credit to Pacquiao, he was just too quick and strong. Hatton's style was just all wrong last night. I don't think walking into Pacquiao head first was a good idea......

The knock down punches in the first round were bad enough but the actual knock out punch was was solid. Amazing really. Was worried for Hatton as he looked fucked. Glad he got up and walked out just hope there is no permanent damage.

Watched it round Ollies (oli1983uk) house. Bit gutted for Hatton, thought he would have lasted a few more rounds but credit to Pacquiao, he was just too quick and strong. Hatton's style was just all wrong last night. I don't think walking into Pacquiao head first was a good idea......

The knock down punches in the first round were bad enough but the actual knock out punch was was solid. Amazing really. Was worried for Hatton as he looked fucked. Glad he got up and walked out just hope there is no permanent damage.

Hatton admitted himself that he let his heart rule his head again when the fight started. Mayweather Snr and Lee Baird must of been shocked as hatton totally ignored what they have been doing in the gym.

Last night after round 1 Mayweather Snr said "Move your head side to side, get your hands up, you're just trying to fall in and overpower him. You're not going to overpower him. You shoulda listened to me from day 1".

Edited by khilafah

About time someone wiped that stupid smirk off that Mancunian fool.

I don't see why his city of origin has anything to do with it...

Honestly though...boxing? I can't understand why it's still legal. It's basically adrenaline-fueled assault.

It's basically adrenaline-fueled assault.

That's why its so good.

Its not like these people don't want to do it. If it did become illegal, it would just go underground, and it would surely be 100 times more dangerous. At least there are safety regulations now. It would just turn into Fight Club (I didn't just mention that) if it was outlawed.

If someone wants to get punched in the face, I say let them!

Anyway, my prediction was awful. I give up.

That's why its so good.

Its not like these people don't want to do it. If it did become illegal, it would just go underground, and it would surely be 100 times more dangerous. At least there are safety regulations now. It would just turn into Fight Club (I didn't just mention that) if it was outlawed.

If someone wants to get punched in the face, I say let them!

Anyway, my prediction was awful. I give up.

By all means, let these retards beat seven shades of shit out of each other, but at least making it illegal won't give them the same sort of undeserved money and attention for doing it.

interesting fact, boxing has became a more deadly sport since they started using gloves!

That's why its so good. Its not like these people don't want to do it.

It's true. Hatton's family are being held to ransom.

Who won? the fight I mean, not the bumming battle which the picture implies.

Wow, I clicked the youtube video in this thread (thanks, man) and that was one hell of a fight. Pacquiao just had waaaay too much pace for Hatton. Hatton went in like a bulldozer, but he just didn't approach it right at all.

Although Hatton got knocked out in the second round, Pacquiao had him in the first. The fight was pretty much just going one way. Brutal. :o

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_5274070,00.html

Assistant trainer Lee Beard admitted Ricky Hatton left the gameplan in the dressing room before being knocked out by Manny Pacquiao in the second round of their fight in Las Vegas.

Speaking at the post-fight press conference with Hatton making his way to hospital for scans, Beard said that Hatton - who had promised a new-look style under the guidance of Floyd Mayweather Snr - turned the fight into brawl just like the old days.

"He just seemed to get over excited," Beard said. "He started off, he just got too excited and it just turned into a bit of a brawl basically.

"Manny was brilliant on the night as well but it wasn't that tactical.

"Both of them just stood there swinging. There wasn't any time for pivoting or feinting, they just kept swinging at each other.

"Manny caught him up inside and had quick hands up in the middle of Ricky and hurt Ricky a couple of times in the first round.

"Then in the second round Ricky walked onto the punch that counted. That punch would have knocked anyone down, it was that good."

For the fans

Beard reiterated that any decision on Hatton's future would have to be made by the fighter and no-one else.

"He's made a stack of money. He mentioned the fans and it really hurts him because he fights for the fans," he added.

"They came out in their thousands again for him and I think that affects him mentally, it hurts him.

"But it's all about what he wants to do, don't carry on fighting for the fans. You've got to think of your health as well.

"He got caught with some big shots in there and maybe if it had gone six or eight rounds there would have been more wear and tear. But he got caught early, it was only the second round and he got hurt a few times before then."

And Beard denied there was any rift with Mayweather Snr prior to the fight, adding: "Me and Floyd were laughing and joking beforehand - there's no problems at all.

"There have been rumours to stir up the camp, but there's no problems between me and him.

"Ricky drifted from the game plan - he turned it into a brawl and got caught."