NEurope
Kirkatronics

I am penguinophobic

Well, your possible vote would probably be at odds with the BNPs opinion on Gurkhas residency. (I'm just guessing what the BNP think to Ghurkas though.)

Im not certain it would. I think the BNP would see that the Gurkhas have actually put something in to the country.

I might vote BNP not because i actually want them to really win. Just that inspite of some of the racist tones they still seem to speak the most sense to me. And the other partys are all clowns.

I would never vote labour they fucked the country up well and truely.

Lib dems are just far to urgh.... i think in politics you need someone who will take hard choices and i dont think this is hte lib dems.

The torys i would really consider. But they need to move a bit further right in my view.

And the green party i woudnt even entertain. Not after having had to cross demo lines at faslane where they have been in presence.

UKIP i dont know enough about them.

So really it comes down to BNP or the Torys.

Not having a go here but felt I have to comment on this, IMO The Tories are a bunch of self serving nasty little toads who look down with aloof and comtempt on anyone not in there socal standing - if they get back most people will be in for a very bad time (ok so labour are far from perfect eg (IMO) far to eager to give power to brussels and far too soft on immigration - but I think over all they think of the common man, the torries hate him).

BNP Pack of racists - end of.

Oh and problems with the 'credit crunch' are global but the govt. should have to done more to stop it here.

Anyway (general comment) I have something new to add to this - This may sound harsh but one thing that gets me is Immigrants selling the big issue - Its like - ok so you come to the England to beg on these streets - something very wrong with that.

Edited by Pete

People who think the BNP speak sense clearly haven't read their policies. Even when you get away from anything about race last time I read their manifesto they were talking about mandatory ownership of assault rifles and ammo for everyone who'd done military service (which was also going to be mandatory)

Found this pretty funny as well the "People Like You Voting BNP" they keep putting in their leaflets don't actually exist and the photos they use for some of these imgainary characters are actually foreigners.

http://www.newspeak.org.uk/2009/05/13/british-national-party-voters-dont-exist/

Im not certain it would. I think the BNP would see that the Gurkhas have actually put something in to the country.

Uhuh

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/05/13/bnp-keep-the-gurkhas-out-of-here-115875-21354308/

Nick Griffin yesterday branded Gurkhas "mercenaries" who should not be allowed to stay in Britain.

The leader of the far-right British National Party said: "We don't think the most overcrowded country in Europe, can realistically say, 'Look, you can all come and all your relatives.' "When the Gurkhas signed up - frankly as mercenaries - they expected a pension which would allow them to live well in their own country." Griffin made the comments on Nicky Campbell's BBC Radio 5 Live breakfast show.

Martin Howe, solicitor to the Gurkhas, said: "Nick Griffin does not recognise the depth of feeling around the country about the Gurkhas." Griffin also claimed football stars Rio Ferdinand and Theo Walcott were not English..

Edited by BlueStar
Automerged Doublepost

Our voting system is a fucking joke. Last elections the only people we could vote for (not me obviously as I wasn't 18) were Labour and Tory.

Thats really a shame.

After the last election the tories in Canada tried to pass a budget that cut the election funding to all parties because of the recession. The tories are the only party that actually get enough private funding that they would be able to survive. If they hadn't had a minority, democracy in Canada would have been destroyed.

I might vote BNP not because i actually want them to really win. Just that inspite of some of the racist tones they still seem to speak the most sense to me. And the other partys are all clowns.

Lib dems are just far to urgh.... i think in politics you need someone who will take hard choices and i dont think this is hte lib dems.

The torys i would really consider. But they need to move a bit further right in my view.

And the green party i woudnt even entertain. Not after having had to cross demo lines at faslane where they have been in presence.

I just lost all respect for you. The BNP don't have "racist tones", almost everything they say is meant to be, in some way, racist.

They are the anti-me. I cannot possibly see how someone who is not already a massive bigot could even begin to entertain voting for them. Vote for the Tories (they'll be just as bad as Labour, mark my word) if you must, but don't support racist, homophobic, bigoted, idiotic, small-minded uneducated thugs. If you do, you are, if anything, worse than them - you should know better.

Thats really a shame.

After the last election the tories in Canada tried to pass a budget that cut the election funding to all parties because of the recession. The tories are the only party that actually get enough private funding that they would be able to survive. If they hadn't had a minority, democracy in Canada would have been destroyed.

There's also that issue with Canwest's domination of the public airways, from what I've read.

So which groups do you think have not put anything into the country?

Its established that Gurkhas served in the military. Never even heard of them before.

There's also that issue with Canwest's domination of the public airways, from what I've read.

You mean West Jet?

can belive i forgot to mention this gem from my dole course last week.

"we should invade more countries, get them before they have a chance to attack us"

that was said in all seriousness. great britan should invade coutries that might attack us.

they also think we should restart the empire.

its strange, how stupid people are blindly loyal to a country they complain about and spoung off of.

I find it interesting that people who agree with the BNP would mention how the Lib Dems are awful. When in actual fact that have similar views. Although the BNP are seen to be ultra-racist-right-wing thugs they actually have many left-wing ideals. The reason why this isn't seen though quite simple. All those who have those left-wing ideals stay away from the BNP because they know they're a bunch of racists. In turn the supporters of the BNP just jump on their hard line policies with issues that often relate to race (such as immigrants) and don't bother to look at their other ideals. These people are easy to spot once they start talking about the Tories and BNP as if they're comparable.

In short: the BNP are mentally challenged racists.

Canwest is a media company that has a massive amount of power over the media in Canada.

http://www.adbusters.org/magazine/77/media_bully.html

Sorry, when you said Airways I was thinking of Air travel, not television. I'm aware of that, however, its not as bad as it sounds. They don't have a monopoly over Television at all. CTV is still big, and IMO has much better programing, heck, the CBC is still around. I've never really even seen much bias on Global News (Global is their main television station), the stories are reported exactly the same as on the other networks.

It's really funny that Nick Griffin keeps saying that Britain's "the most overcrowded country in Europe"; that award goes to Malta, unless of course he doesn't count that just because it's in the Med... -_-

Dont watch if you dont like a funny drunk man swearing etc:

end of debate :p

Edited by Rick Dangerous

I wonder how many potential Tory voters face the same dilemma. If they speak the most sense to you then you must be out of your mind. Seriously, nationalism is a fucking horrible idea, vote for the Tory's if you must but not the BNP.

Sorry, when you said Airways I was thinking of Air travel, not television. I'm aware of that, however, its not as bad as it sounds. They don't have a monopoly over Television at all. CTV is still big, and IMO has much better programing, heck, the CBC is still around. I've never really even seen much bias on Global News (Global is their main television station), the stories are reported exactly the same as on the other networks.

Ha! Yeah, 'airwaves' would have made an amazing amount more sense. :heh:

Fair enough, that story doesn't come from the most neutral of sources.

I find it amusing how so many of you on here seem to make out that you are liberal/left or whatever. yet are quick to judge me, other people who think like me and call what i think stupid.

I did on purpose forget to put my main reason for thinking about voting BNP (to see what reaction i would get) and that would be just to make a point. The other partys need to put there houses in order other wise people are going to be driven to partys such as the BNP.

As for the Torys being self serving, I think every party is self serving. This has been highlighted this week that you cant trust very many of them.

And as for which groups havent put anything in to the country. I woudnt say there are any 'groups' which havent put anything in. But there are a lot af individuals that have. The Gurkhas on the other hand have all put something in, at the very least they have all pledged to defend the country with there life if needs must. And suerly that must count for something.

And before you say it yes there are many brits who put fuck all. But were stuck with them.

I find it interesting that people who agree with the BNP would mention how the Lib Dems are awful. When in actual fact that have similar views. Although the BNP are seen to be ultra-racist-right-wing thugs they actually have many left-wing ideals. The reason why this isn't seen though quite simple. All those who have those left-wing ideals stay away from the BNP because they know they're a bunch of racists. In turn the supporters of the BNP just jump on their hard line policies with issues that often relate to race (such as immigrants) and don't bother to look at their other ideals. These people are easy to spot once they start talking about the Tories and BNP as if they're comparable.

This sounds like the situation with the Danish Folk Party here in Denmark. They're also very nationalistic (many would say racist), want harsh punishments for crimes and are normally placed all the way to the right - but economically they're quite left wing.

People who think the BNP speak sense clearly haven't read their policies. Even when you get away from anything about race last time I read their manifesto they were talking about mandatory ownership of assault rifles and ammo for everyone who'd done military service (which was also going to be mandatory)

Found this pretty funny as well the "People Like You Voting BNP" they keep putting in their leaflets don't actually exist and the photos they use for some of these imgainary characters are actually foreigners.

http://www.newspeak.org.uk/2009/05/13/british-national-party-voters-dont-exist/

Uhuh

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/05/13/bnp-keep-the-gurkhas-out-of-here-115875-21354308/

Well on that policy alone i deffinatly will not vote for them. But i have to say i still standby my comments that i think they do make some sense. Why shoudnt everyone have to wear a crash helmet on a motorbike? if you choose a religion that means you cant do this then dont ride a motor bike. Sharia law has no place in Britain. If people want to live under sharia law then go to one of the many countrys that practice it. British law may not be perfect but it is a lot fairer than sharia law.

I will be voting Tory now deffinatly. And i really think they are going to walk it any way. zanu labour are so unpopular and the UK is bassically a 2 party country.

The UK needs to elect a different party (Conservatives) in the next general election just for the sake of tackling corruption. Having the same party in power for over a decade is not a good idea at all.

Well on that policy alone i deffinatly will not vote for them. But i have to say i still standby my comments that i think they do make some sense. Why shoudnt everyone have to wear a crash helmet on a motorbike? if you choose a religion that means you cant do this then dont ride a motor bike. Sharia law has no place in Britain. If people want to live under sharia law then go to one of the many countrys that practice it. British law may not be perfect but it is a lot fairer than sharia law.

I will be voting Tory now deffinatly. And i really think they are going to walk it any way. zanu labour are so unpopular and the UK is bassically a 2 party country.

Again, why do you compare the BNP and Tories, they have ideals widely apart - the BNP more left than the liberals.

And the "policy" about the motorbikes - this is just an example of there childish racism. It isn't the case of them actually caring about the safety of motorists on the roads (which is what they're for), it's the childish thinking of, "Oh, I have to wear one, and it's expensive and "unfashionalable", yet he doesn't. *long childish moan* Whhhy, it's not fair... *childish cry*" It really is. It's pathetic. It truely is.

Having the same party in power for over a decade is not a good idea at all.

I agree with this. I am a Labour supporter (and still am) but I don't think any government body should be in power for a period this long. The American system of re-election for the legislature and forcing the executive out after two terms is pretty decent.

Unfortunately this system we have wouldn't allow for this due to fusion of powers. Which is why come election I'll probably vote for a reform party - it's clear the Tories (as long as they don't do something stupid) are going to win, which is good thing for change, but I'd like to use my vote as one indicting I'm not happy with some of the policies of Labour (ID Cards for example).

Again, why do you compare the BNP and Tories, they have ideals widely apart - the BNP more left than the liberals.

And the "policy" about the motorbikes - this is just an example of there childish racism. It isn't the case of them actually caring about the safety of motorists on the roads (which is what they're for), it's the childish thinking of, "Oh, I have to wear one, and it's expensive and "unfashionalable", yet he doesn't. *long childish moan* Whhhy, it's not fair... *childish cry*" It really is. It's pathetic. It truely is.

Im not comparing torys and BNP there just the 2 partys i would consider voting for. Well were until i saw his comments about Gurkhas.

Its not childish about the motorbike thing. Why shoudnt they have to wear a helmet. Why should i have to risk killing someone because they wernt wearing a helmet, i could cause an accident and have to live with it for the rest of my life. Have what ever beliefs you want but rules should apply to everyone not some, if that means you cant ride a motor bike then thats your choice.

The UK needs to elect a different party (Conservatives) in the next general election just for the sake of tackling corruption. Having the same party in power for over a decade is not a good idea at all.

I see where you are coming from but having the conservatives in power to tackle corruption is like having an alcoholic tackle 'binge drinking' (to use a poltical buzz term). As you can proberbly tell I don't really like the tories ;)

Its not childish about the motorbike thing. Why shoudnt they have to wear a helmet. Why should i have to risk killing someone because they wernt wearing a helmet, i could cause an accident and have to live with it for the rest of my life. Have what ever beliefs you want but rules should apply to everyone not some, if that means you cant ride a motor bike then thats your choice.

For the reccord I totally agree with you on this, a lot of regular people (your self included im sure) are finding/or have found this sort of thing irritiating

(i think the BNP are ussing this to there advantage are far more sinister than a lot of people relise though but thats a little beside the point now though maybe). Also I agree having Sharia Courts in England is a disgrace (IMO) one country, one set of laws. also IMO Sharia Laws are bad news for women.

Edited by Pete
Automerged Doublepost

I was reading The Guardian over my coffee this morning and found

I was born in the 70s and grew up in a tiny rural village. There was, I think, only one black kid in my primary school. One day, someone pushed him over and called him "blackjack". The headmaster called an impromptu assembly. It involved the entire school, and took place outdoors. No doubt: this was unusual.

We stood in military rows in the playground. I must have been about six, so I can't remember the words he used, but the substance stuck. He spoke with eerie, measured anger. He'd fought in the second world war, he told us. Our village had a memorial commemorating friends of his who had died. Many were relatives of ours. These villagers gave their lives fighting a regime that looked down on anyone "different", that tried to blame others for any problem they could find; a bullying, racist regime called "the Nazis". Millions of people had died thanks to their bigotry and prejudice. And he told us that anyone who picked on anyone else because they were "different' wasn't merely insulting the object of their derision, but insulting the headmaster himself, and his dead friends, and our dead relatives, the ones on the war memorial. And if he heard of anyone - anyone - using racist language again, they'd immediately get the slipper.

Corporal punishment was still alive and well, see. The slipper was his nuclear bomb.

It was the first time I was explicitly told that racism was unpleasant and it was a lesson served with a side order of patriot fries. Or rather, chips. Our headmaster had fought for his country, and for tolerance, all at once. That's what I understood it meant to be truly "British": to be polite, and civil and fair of mind. (And to occasionally wallop schoolkids with slippers, admittedly, but we'll overlook that, OK? We've moved on.)

But according to the BNP, I'm wrong. Being British is actually about feeling aggressed, mistrustful, overlooked, isolated, powerless, and petrified of "losing my identity". Britishness incorporates a propensity to look around me with jealous eyes, fuming over imaginary sums of money being doled out to child-molesting asylum-seekers by corrupt PC politicians who've lost touch with the common man - a common man who, coincidentally, happens to be white.

They're wrong, obviously. None of these qualities has anything whatsoever to do with being British, but everything to do with ugly nationalist politics. And ugly nationalist politics are popular all over the world. Just like Pringles. Every country has its own tiny enclave of frightened, disenfranchised, misguided souls clinging to their national flag, claiming they're the REAL patriots, saying everyone's out to get them. It's an international weakness. For the BNP to claim to be more British than the other British parties is as nonsensical as your dad suddenly claiming to have invented the beard.

The other day, the BNP had a political broadcast on the box. I wasn't in my beloved homeland at the time, but I heard about it, via internet chuckles of derision. Fellow geeky types tweeting about the poor production values. I looked it up on YouTube. Sure enough, it was badly made. No surprise there. Extremist material of any kind always looks gaudy and cheap, like a bad pizza menu. Not because they can't afford decent computers - these days you can knock up a professional CD cover on a pay-as-you-go mobile - but because anyone who's good at graphic design is likely to be a thoughtful, inquisitive sort by nature. And thoughtful, inquisitive sorts tend to think fascism is a bit shit, to be honest. If the BNP really were the greatest British party, they'd have the greatest British designer working for them - Jonathan Ive, perhaps, the man who designed the iPod. But they don't. They've got someone who tries to stab your eyes out with primary colours.

But there's more to the advert's failure than its hideous use of colour schemes. Every aspect of it is bad. The framing is bad. The sound is bad. The script is bad. For all their talk about representing the Great British Worker, when it comes to promotional material, the BNP can't even represent the most basic British craftsmanship.

Nick Griffin's first line is "Don't turn it off!", which in terms of opening gambits is about as enticing as hearing someone shout "Try not to be sick!" immediately prior to intercourse. He goes on to claim that, "We're all angry about professional politicians with their snouts in the public trough." He's right, we are: so angry we're prepared to instantly forget all the occasions we've fiddled our own expenses, thereby enabling us to add a dash of undeserved self-righteousness to our existing justified anger.

But by referring to "professional politicians", Griffin is presumably suggesting we should elect amateurs instead. Maybe that's why the advert's so amateurish. Maybe that's why all the BNP representatives in the ad read their lines so clumsily, like DFS employees in a bank holiday sale commercial circa 1986, or recently revived chemical coma patients being forced to recite barcode numbers at gunpoint. It's deliberate incompetence. Don't vote for those nasty slick parties. Vote for a shoddy one! Never mind the extremism, feel the ineptitude.

Here's a fantasy. We - the decent British majority - spend years toiling in secret, creating a life-size replica of Britain in the middle of the Pacific. It's identical down to the tiniest blade of grass, or branch of Gregg's. And one night, while every member of the BNP is asleep, we whisk them via helicopter to this replica UK, this Backup Britain. Put them in replica beds in replica homes. Then we fly back home to watch the fun on CCTV.

For several weeks, they walk around, confused, but pleased. The weather's nice! More importantly, there are no black faces! Then the infrastructure breaks down and they start to starve, and there's no one to blame but themselves. And then someone with GPS on their phone works out what's happened, realises they've all become immigrants in their own land. Half of them go mad and start attacking each other. The rest desperately apply for asylum in Britain. The real Britain. The decent, tolerant Britain. The country you can be proud of.