NEurope
Kirkatronics

How Many Of You Still PS2? (The Beginners Guide to Last Gen)

CT not CC ;)

I just read up on the battle system and watched a bit of a video on it. Just watching it makes it look rather standard, reading about the stamina points however certainly sets it apart. I've always enjoyed the battles system of the Grandia series, even if Square is ruining the story elements, the battles are still great.

CT not CC ;)

You did? *Checks the original post* Doh, you did, sorry >_<

I just read up on the battle system and watched a bit of a video on it. Just watching it makes it look rather standard, reading about the stamina points however certainly sets it apart. I've always enjoyed the battles system of the Grandia series, even if Square is ruining the story elements, the battles are still great.

Too me the Chrono Cross battle to me feels more like the battle system in Baten Kaitos Origins. Just smooth but sometimes you stuff up and get beaten badly for the mistake.

RPG fans who don't adore Chrono Trigger? Whoa.

I only got to play CT when it came out over here on DS but I think its a great game. It didn't seem dated and it wasn't like playing a Snes game at all. One of my favourite games (RPG or otherwise) and I only just got to play it for the first time last year!

RPG fan who don't adore Chrono Trigger? Whoa.

I only got to play CT when it came out over here on DS but I think its a great game. It didn't seem dated and it wasn't like playing a Snes game at all. One of my favourite games (RPG or otherwise) and I only just got to play it for the first time last year!

Fixed that for you, since I don't think I've come across anyone else. I just don't find it to be a wonderfully strong RPG like others do I can't really pinpoint why.

Too me the Chrono Cross battle to me feels more like the battle system in Baten Kaitos Origins. Just smooth but sometimes you stuff up and get beaten badly for the mistake.

As i said, i have no knowledge over Baten Kaitos Origins, but hell.... the combat system in Chrono Cross was extremely rewarding for me.

The careful management of those slots, organizing them, forming the team according to the elements so u can equip all the stuff in the slots so you can be ready in advance for a specific area... the setting of the traps for the summons... the using of all same coloured elements so u can have a full ring so u can FINALLY throw a summon at the enemies' faces.... and knowing that, on the excruciatingly painful battles, when u run out of stuff.... you run out of stuff and you have to go *KAMIKAZEEEE*

Oh, that was the life.... *reminiscing...*:indeed:

As i said, i have no knowledge over Baten Kaitos Origins, but hell.... the combat system in Chrono Cross was extremely rewarding for me.

The careful management of those slots, organizing them, forming the team according to the elements so u can equip all the stuff in the slots so you can be ready in advance for a specific area... the setting of the traps for the summons... the using of all same coloured elements so u can have a full ring so u can FINALLY throw a summon at the enemies' faces.... and knowing that, on the excruciatingly painful battles, when u run out of stuff.... you run out of stuff and you have to go *KAMIKAZEEEE*

Oh, that was the life.... *reminiscing...*:indeed:

Aaaaaand the music plays :D

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Mitsuda = Musician GOD :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

i am using ps2 in the toilet. really guys i am so bored in the there and this is a good idea how to use your old stuff

i am using ps2 in the toilet. really guys i am so bored in the there and this is a good idea how to use your old stuff

I've been known to play a handheld such as the DS when I'm at the toilet but never a home console like the PS2.

Oh, you just took me waaaaay back... :p still, one of my favorite pieces was this one... silly.. maybe... *shrugs* but it's me!:D

(and i will play Scars of Time one day!!!! *shakes fist*)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

[EDIT]: great.... now i can't stop listening to this again!! what have u done, mister! :P

Edited by Rinha

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!!!!

That music is amazing! Can't believe i've not heard it before (actually can believe it, since i don't really play RPGs but still)

Thanks so much for posting. Definitely an OST on my want list now :D

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!!!!

That music is amazing! Can't believe i've not heard it before (actually can believe it, since i don't really play RPGs but still)

Yet another one falls prey of Yasunori Mitsuda's music.... :D come to the dark side, we got cookies! *giggle*

Oh, you just took me waaaaay back... :p still, one of my favorite pieces was this one... silly.. maybe... *shrugs* but it's me!:D

What are you talking about, it's one of the best flying theme songs ever created :D

[EDIT]: great.... now i can't stop listening to this again!! what have u done, mister! :P

Sorry, but going back to it never sucks, it's always awesome xD

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!!!!

No probs xD I still think that Chrono Cross was easily the best RPG on the PS1, even perhaps the greatest game ever made by Squaresoft, Square lost it when they let that team go. Now they most of them belong to Nintendo :heh:

Yet another one falls prey of Yasunori Mitsuda's music.... :D come to the dark side, we got cookies! *giggle*

And milk to make the cookies taste even better :p

What are you talking about, it's one of the best flying theme songs ever created :D

indeed it is... i remember wandering around aimlessly on the map for god knows how long.... just so i could hear it.

I'm sadddddd. :P

Milk and cookies. We rock soxx!

So, I just bought original copies of Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 for a total of 20€ and now I'm looking for a good and cheap component cable. Any recommendations?

So, I just bought original copies of Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 for a total of 20€ and now I'm looking for a good and cheap component cable. Any recommendations?

I got mine at the time from GAME, not an official Sony one but works perfectly. Pity i've only found 1 PAL game (Primal) that actually supports progressive scan tho :(

Try any games shop, preferably a large branch - they may still have one...

I've bought the official Component Cable from Sony. Had to pay 15€, so it was kind of a bargain.

Finally I will be able to enjoy Zone Of The Enders 1 + 2, Viewtiful Joe 1 +2 and Alien Hominid :) And I think I'll get Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, as well.

I've bought the official Component Cable from Sony. Had to pay 15€, so it was kind of a bargain.

Finally I will be able to enjoy Zone Of The Enders 1 + 2, Viewtiful Joe 1 +2 and Alien Hominid :) And I think I'll get Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, as well.

Oh, Zone of the Enders.... :love: I'm a sucker for the ZoE series... especially The Second Runner...

Another ZoE fan? My goodness, where have you been hiding?

Second Runner was a beast of a game. Love it!

Another ZoE fan? My goodness, where have you been hiding?

Second Runner was a beast of a game. Love it!

I was actually very surprised to see dr4khon mentioning the ZoE series! Now seeing someone else referring to it... my day just became a bit brighter! :D

ZoE (or Anubis)- The Second Runner is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated games for the PS2. Fast, furious, beautiful... an Anubis holds my heart forever! ^_^

(oh and the rumours for ZoE3... oh... but nothing's official yet :nono:)

Yeha it's always a bit surprising to see someone mention the ZoE series since it's so unhead of and underrated beyond belief.

The second runner is just fantastic, and just after you get the Zero Shift it gets even better. It is ridiculously under rated it isn't funny. I mean the game is considered a rarity.

There will be a ZoE 3. Kojima outright said he'd return for another installation, it was just a matter of when. I've been wanting to replay this for a little while. But y'know, backlogue and all :heh:

The second runner is just fantastic, and just after you get the Zero Shift it gets even better. It is ridiculously under rated it isn't funny. I mean the game is considered a rarity.

There will be a ZoE 3. Kojima outright said he'd return for another installation, it was just a matter of when. I've been wanting to replay this for a little while. But y'know, backlogue and all :heh:

Well, after u get Zero Shift you can just slap them around silly like there was no tomorrow! Now you see me, now you don't! :D

Indeed, it is a very underrated game. One of those titles that i like to stick in the PS2 every now and then and play a few missions on survival just to see how long i can last... and to remind myself of how fabulous it is! I still have 2 frames to unlock, though, should crack on with it...

Indeed, he did say ZoE 3 would go forward.... but that wait is meeeeh.... also... the rumours of an HD remake of The Second Runner.... woooooo!!! That would be just... wow!!

Edited by Rinha

The games are hardly unheard of... the whole world bought the first one for the MGS2 demo. :heh:

Precisely... everyone bought it for the demo. I find it a shame that when u mention ZoE ppl go "zone of the who?" but when you mention MG series everyone explodes in a world of OMGEEEs. Not that i have anything against MG, bear in mind. :D

ZoE was awesome. One of the only mech games I actually like (the other being Steel Battalion).

I'm sure I've got the anime somewhere as well. Can't remember seeing it for ages. Wonder where it's gone...

ZoE is pretty damn sweet. I never got to play the second (or finish the first). Not having a PS2 for ages sucks.