NEurope
Nolan

Steam Weekend Deal. The Orange Box $9.99

That's right, starting now and going through this weekend you can get TOB for only 9.99 which is a 66% discount and absolutely fantastic for anyone who doesn't own it yet. (MetalGearShadow)

Even if you only need a game or two from the collection it would still be cheaper to buy the pack, and then you could give the extras to friends.

Edit

In retrospect, I have no clue how these prices translate for you guys since Steam has atrocious exchange rates, and idk if they do weekend deals or not or if they're even the same ones.

Works out at about £6 I think. Still absolutely immense price :D

I thought it was a great deal at it's (now) normal price. This is otherworldly of a deal.

9.99€ Fucking bought. I was wating for the Half Life 1 mod to get introduced to the series but I guess I'll start at two.

I would snap it up instantly if I didn't already have it on PC and 360.

If you don't own this game and you don't buy it, you're not human.

I own this game twice, I love it.

Best. Deal. Ever.

I wouldn't worry about HL1 shino. It's a classic, but it's very plot lite. All you need to know is that you, and the other scientists at 'Black Messa' caused an alien invasion, then you get abducted by The G Man- a crazy guy in a suit who possibly orchestrated the circumstances by which you escape the attack.

Steam finally realised that we were getting amazing deals in any case with the dollarz, so gave us stinking £s. For Orange Box full price would still be worth it.

I wouldn't expect Half-Life 3 for a LONG time. We haven't even got episode 3 yet...

I wouldn't expect Half-Life 3 for a LONG time. We haven't even got episode 3 yet...

iirc Episodea 1-3 essentially were suppose to be HL3....

iirc Episodea 1-3 essentially were suppose to be HL3....

Yeah, that is actually true.

Gabe Newelle went on record saying that he wanted to ship it as HL3: Ep1-3 but it was too late by then in terms of promotion and development.

Shame really, it would have made much more sense.

Half-life 2 is such a good game. The atmosphere and puzzles were great. If they made the enemies slightly more believable then it would be perfect. I still got scared by the bug-thing that followed you through the caverns in episode 2 (i think) despite it bascically being a blob.

I'm getting motion sick playing HF2... WTF, why?! This hasn't happened since I first started playing UT.

And I'm really enjoying the game too...

I'm getting motion sick playing HF2... WTF, why?! This hasn't happened since I first started playing UT.

HF2? HL2 or TF2 I just can't tell:laughing:

The reason you're getting Motion Sickness is likely that Valve has a Field of Vision, default is 75 which is kinda smallish but you can bump it up to 90 which may help with the sickness.

A higher FOV does require more redering power iirc. I vaguely remember a interview making mention of if a dev is having trouble getting a game to run at 30fps FOV90 they'll take it to a lower value to increase FPS stability.

Yeah, change the FOV. This can be done in options as far as i know. If not, its a console command.

Lol, HL2. I've been playing TF2 A LOT and it doesn't give me any of this. I'll try this FOV thing, thanks guys.

oh, I did forget to mention that the FOV is adjustable in options and you won't have to mess with the console to do it.