NEurope
ReZourceman

Bloody Slash - An N-Europe Horror Story

[when...] The air crackled with static. Fori stopped and visibly deflated.

A voice whistled into life. "Er, sorry Fori! The simulation will have to end now." The darkness lifted, and the blood and bodies blew and whittled away to the walls, and EEVIL, Haggis, jayseven and R_A were no longer dead. The main lights turned on, illuminating the gridded spherical room. "We've got a shack-load of feeders way out by Brook point heading our way. Boss thinks we should take care of them -- 'cos of maintainence and all."

Fori's silence drew breath, and heaved herself through the steel doors.

"Get my gun."

"Get it yourself, you lazy cow!" a jovial voice sounded over the monitors.

An english-speaking gorilla's grinning face appeared.

"James! We haven't seen you in ages!" shouted R_A. Everyone was pleased to know it was their long-time technician behind the monitor once more. He'd been on Pluto assisting the rest of Caduceus inc. in capturing Mistress Malpractice for a few months now.

Too late...

"Well nor have I, and I'm not crying, am I?" said James, whilst polishing an ornamental cold gun in his gigantic hands.

"So, what's the plan!?" asked Coolness Bears eargerly.

cold gun

[/b]

YES! I was hoping (not an Alanis refeence, don't worry) you'd pick up on that.

"Strike them at the root" said Haggis, still a happy-go-lucky digital ghost. "If you guys take the Striders and intercept them mid-air, directly at Brook Point, I can digi-leap from the computers in their Striders to the underground they have there."

The plan sounded great to them all. A group of 6 mounted their colour-coded Air-Striders, ready to fly into action. R_A = Purple. Jay = Blue. Triforce_Keeper = Green. Daft = Black. Dazz666 = Red. Coolness = Pink. James launched them all off into the city. Fori looked worried.

Haggis rode alongside (he can fly in ghost form), until they lost him in the rearview!

"Geus Cist! Where is he>!! He's essential to our plan!" cried out Dazz.

I love the six select operatives.

"A cloud's a coming!" cried out Triforce Keeper, before they could look for Haggis.

"Time to bounce." said Daft gravely, preparing his Air-Strider for maximum impact.

*bzzzk*

"This is Fori on com-link. Do you all remember how to bounce off clouds?"

Dazz spoke up. "Um...I technically only got my liscence the other day. How do I again?"

"You see your outfits? Wrapped in metal, wrapped in ivy and painted in mint ice-cream? Those store kinetic energy from all around you, and as long you're sitting on your strider, you can "bounce" as far as your store allows you, at the flick of the switch. Make sure you guys all know where you're going before bouncing. Fori out."

Fori put his head in his hands. He didn't want to do this. These were his friends. But he had to. There was no choice. He had sabotaged the suits pre-flight. How could he forgive himself?

The job had to be done.

He kicked open the door to James' office, violently, only to find a shocked Nightwolf in a complicted situation with James. Gathering up their clothes, the two embaressed animals blushed, before noticing the gattling gun Fori held in his shaking hands.

"Fori...? What's that in your hands...?" asked Nightwolf sheepishly.

"What is the meaning of this!?" shouted James, banging a fist on the table.

Fori said nothing, and pulled the trigger, a spray of bullets penetrating so hard into his victim's hearts.

"Fori!?" Dazz666's voice crackled on the inter-com "I'm lost!"

Fori said nothing. He was still staring at the bloody wall where the two trusted companions once stood. He removed his com-link and tossed it at the beaureau as he turned to leave, wiping away a tear.

The com-link had knocked over and woken up Ashley, the talking Camera, who screamed a the carnage he could see through his lens.

Manning a silver strider, Fori jetted off into the night.

----

"Mother mary china white!" screeched R_A.

They were all going down. Instead of bouncing in unison, all the internal systems in the 6 striders failed at once, sending the team spiralling toward land.

"I can't see new york!?" screamed Dazz, tumbling dow nthrough a white cloud, falling.

"We're still in the suburbs...no tall bildings to cushion the faaaaaaalllll" wailed Coolness, seperating completely from his strider.

"Guys! If I seperate and possess you all, I could theoretically fuse you all into one being, whose powers would (hopefully) be enough to survive impact!" reasoned Haggis, not minding the fal himself, knowing he'd survive.

The team looked anxious, but in the given situation, anything sounded better than simply becoming street pizza.

The joined hands, swimming across the speeding clouds, as Haggis flew around them all, slowly turning into digits that flew into each memebrs body.

A flash of light, and...

...suddenly 6, or 7 depending on how you look at it, became one. The striders plummeted to the ground, with only their smoke trails visible now. But so to were the entrepid 'heroes' and 'heroines', now falling as a single entity, gleaming as a brilliant white light in the pitch black sky. Haggis had assured them that all would be ok prior to joining, but skepticism remained.

The being hurtled towards the ground with great speed but as the ground and its features became ever more apparent, the group found themselves slowing. And, as Haggis had said, they would be fine upon hitting the ground. So what now for the group? Well...

"Hm, what's this? I feel ... reluctance. Having second thoughts, are we?"

The voice seemed to come at the same time from far away and from inside Fori's own head.

"No, of course not."

"Good. We wouldn't want old ties to complicate the matter, would we now?"

"No ..."

"No what?"

"... No ... Master ..."

"Good."

Fori could have sworn he detected malice in the voice. As he sped through the dark, silent night, the darkness seemed to wash away his painful feelings ... as well as his tears.

Back on the ground, the newly formed being, now comprising of six souls combined, twitched. The recumbent body had survived the fall and had been out cold for several minutes. In that time Haggis had covered the area surrounding the body in a two mile square (he could move fast, even for a digital projection), and was hurtling back to the crash site to pass the intel on to whatever it was that he found.

Not even he, its creator, was ready for the body that was stirring on the pavement outside of the old abandoned school. It was twice the size of a normal man (not Surprising, thought Haggis - after all there were six of them in there). What was more surprising, though, was....

...that it had 6 arms! As expected, such an impromptu fusion had brought with it complications.

Haggis' look of distressed was met with a huge grin from the fusion.

"Don't worry Hag! We feel great!" 6 voices at once yelled, punching the air and giving itself high fives.

"Ok...I suppose you'll be more handy in a fight. But wait...we should be investigating why your bounce drives failed!'

"...We know."

"huh?"

"Our combined intelligence sees more than we would seperate. Dazz recalls Fori's voice. Analysis confirms signs of betrayal. We were sabotaged."

"By Fori!? He's been the team leader for years!"

"People change, heh." smiled the fusion, again high fiving himself.

"Hmm. Great. Betrayal and a horde of Space-Zombies taking over Brook Point. And we're stranded out here in this fucking forest wasteland. Say, what should I call you? Until we get back and I have access to James' tech, you're stuck like that!"

"Call us...Fate."

Suddenly, the hyperactive yells of a Space Zombie gang disrupted them. Lights indicated that they were headed toward Haggis and Fate!

"We must be closer to Brook Point that I thought!" shouted Haggis, as he...

yay space zombies :P Nice one. I especially like 'street-pizza'.

May I make a rubbish suggestion? Once we've made our entry, we suggest who we think should do the next bit? I suppose it would have to rely on people actually being reliable, mind you...

Too drunk to reply. sry.

"We must be closer to Brook Point that I thought!" shouted Haggis, as he raised a ghostly hand to his brow to surveil this new approaching threat.

"I wish I had never released Lyra..." whispered Fate almost in fear, as it prepared for battle.

The Space Zombies accelerated, slamming the pedals on their air-walkers down. They yelled and bawled - Fate and Haggis could barely tell if were screaming obscenities or just random crap.

In a swirl of dust and engine-grime, the posse encircled the intrepid pair; the pair needed to be taken down.

"Why aren't you on your knees!?" one Zombie shrieked, his jaw half coming off his face. "You are in the presence of the great Fjork, great undead who defeated all other Zombies who stood in her way!"

"Technically really good grammar for a Zombie." Fate said to Haggis. He didn't have time to wonder who Fjork was, because at that moment, she burst out from her air-walker and her human form into a Zombie Swan, her pale white wings spinning, centrifuging the dust in the air.

"KNEEL!" barked another Zombie, who waved a very powerful-looking EWF gun at Fate and Haggis.

Not wanting to disagree with such crazed foes, the pair knelt down to the ground.

"I wish I had never released Lyra..." whispered Fate almost in fear, as it prepared for battle.

the great Fjork,

EWF gun

:bowdown::bouncy::bowdown:

-----

Jay, I don't think the "choose who replies" thing will be that good, as then it's not fair to everyone. However, I think if someone comes in and totally fucks it up for everyone, we can just ignore it.

----

"That was so easy." noted Fjork. Her minders were brushing off her dirty, blood-encrusted feathers. Suddenly, she squaked, "Where the frak is Mz. Bartolozzi?!"

A nervous zombie woman was pushed out of the crowd to land in front of Fjork.

"Where have you been, Mzzzzz Bartolozzi?"

"It's Mrs. ahem lol ha yeah. Sorry...I was ahem lol yeah...looking over the ..uh...map"

"Silence is golden, tramp." Fjork sighed, obliterating Mrs. Bartolozzi with a Swan Death Stare.

Pacing around the the two prisoners, turning back into her zombie-human form, she smiled.

"This is perfect. PERFECT. Fucking hell. I'm probably the luckiest person ever. Your uniforms indicate you're members of Caduceus Inc., is that right?"

The prisoners said nothing.

"Well it was rhetorical anyway." sighed Fjork. "Anyway. You..." she laughed, pointing at Haggis, "...are going to help me get into the Heraclitian defence grid."

"What?! I can't do that!!! It would render the...entire..." he trailed off. HE was right of course. Disabling the Heraclitian defence grid meant that the 3 cities on this side of the country would be sitting ducks to attacks from armies of zombies like these low-lifes.

"Indeed" grinned Fjork.

"...I won't!" cried Haggis.

"Oh but you will. Oh but you must..." sung Fjork, whipping out a glowing red cane, and aiming it at Fate. "I trust you know what this will do to you friend?"

"A Venusian Phiona. You wouldn't dare...the energy release would kill us all!"

"Uh...we're Zombies. Get A FUCKING CLUE!" The rest of the zombie crowd cheered jovially.

"I'm not stupid. Venusian Phiona's destroy matter itself...dead or alive. " grimached Haggis.

"Not mine." retorted Fjork. Was she bluffing?

"I won't do it. Do your worst."

"AGAHAHG!" screamed Fjork, firing a massive red bolt from the cane, ripping right through Fate.

The explosion that followed was silent. Haggis thought he might have gone deaf. He realised what he had done. He'd killed 6 members of his team...

...WAIT! The dust had settled...Standing, shaken on top of 20 or so crushed Zombie carcasses were Jay, R_A, Coolness, Dazz, Trifoce_Keeper and Daft!

Fjork was alive. And angry. Half her horde were goners. It was her vs. Caduceus Inc. now....

Yeah I think you're right paj, it was a silly idea :) I'm about to go out so I can't join in the fun but LOL SPACE ZOMBIES! I love it :P

But before anything could happen, one survivor emerged out of the rubble. One person who wasn't accounted for. His name was Jimbob and he was armed with Dazz's weapon. Even though Jimbob was slightly hurt, he vowed to continue in this battle alongside Haggis and the rest of the team.

When asked where he's been, Jimbob mearly responded with "Hey, i've been busy in the bushes my friend. Now, lets kick some backside"

Less fun purposefully weaving yourself into the story, especially when it's really obvious that there's only 6 operatives working for Caduceus Inc. Power Rangers-esque.

Less fun purposefully weaving yourself into the story, especially when it's really obvious that there's only 6 operatives working for Caduceus Inc. Power Rangers-esque.

No there's more. (in my head) But 6 were sent for this mission.

Jimbob can be in it. I agree it's less fun working yourself in. I purposely didn't add myself yet (I don't think..) as I know what I'm like, so it's no fun playing with me as a character.

----

"Mofo!" cried Fjork, sending out mini versions of herself to harass Jimbob and the remains of Fate, before firing a death blast at Haggis.

Haggis wasn't fazed at all, being in his ghost form.

"Bad try." smirked Haggis, flying straight through Fjork.

She was stunned. His ghost form had that effect on people.

Her mini-versions were easily squashed while she was dazed. The team surrounded her. Then POUNDED her into the dust she was.

The team, pleased with the success of the mission so far, dumped her carcass, only Coolness staying to look upon her with sadness. Suddenly she grabbed him, pulling him clse to her mouth.

She whispered, "I'm so bored of cowards. I'll be waiting, until after 5 years, if you live that long.". Then she was carried away by the wind.

Coolness was shocked, but chose not to tell his teammates.

-----

"Hey...there's someone on a strider over there!" cried Dazz

"Get their attention, we need a ride, and I'm not up for fusing again." moaned R_A

"Oh lord." sung Triforce Keeper. "It's Fori."

Earlier

Fori walked purposefully, alone.

"You know what you must do."

"Doth I protest too much, Master Falanis, but surely there's a better way!?"

"THERE IS NO BETTER WAY!" the voice bellowed, anger seething. "This so-called chaos feeds on everything - not even my sympathetic character can escape. I vow to be stuck in Limbo no more!"

Fori did not reply, for once he was spineless. He continued walking, towards the entrance to the shrine.

The a-gendered alien that stood guard moved to bar his way. "State your business."

"Lady Elizabette requested me"

"Credentials?" grumbled the guard.

Fori handed over his PortPass, and the guard let him into the smoky shrine. The air was heavy with elderflower and lavender, a mist sweeping in and out of the rooms. There were also mirrors.

"Lady?" shouted Fori, bored of the smoke and mirrors.

"Please, Myron. Call me Liz." the soothing voice wisped.

Fori turned around to see Lady Elizabette Phfair reclining on a Chais Longues totally naked, saved for a grape fruit covering her belly button. Fori tried not to look.

"I called you here to tell you..." she paused to check her hair. "...You failed! They're all still alive."

"I..I know. I'm sorry. I tried to arrange the cloud cover ot prevent Haggis from reachng them in time. I can only apologize."

"Indeed! You cost me time and money! Well, not really. Just patience. You know that you're being..promoted. However you feel about that. Don't make me tell Falanis to crank the pain up a notch..." she whispered in his ear.

"No, ma'am." asserted Fori, fearing the wrath of the wraith, Falanis.

"Good. Now. Continue with your mission how you see fit. It might interest you to know your friends are currently figting Fjork, our Space-zombie operative? They're near Brook Point somewhere.." she mused.

Fori leapt out the window, falling, falling, landing on his strider waiting mid-air. He sped off, hating what he was made to do.

Erm, where did all these new characters come from? This was meant to be a FORUM MEMBER story, not a 'invent a whole bunch of randomers' story. We should have every character being someone from the forum, it would be much more fun.

Erm, where did all these new characters come from? This was meant to be a FORUM MEMBER story, not a 'invent a whole bunch of randomers' story. We should have every character being someone from the forum, it would be much more fun.

Why can't you use your ability to add to the continuity of the story to make these "randomers" into members, in whatever way (secret indentities)?

It's not hard.