NEurope
Wesley

Fallout: New Vegas

Has anyone found that...

The game becomes a little too easy and loses something when you have them tagging along. I had Boone and ED-E with me and it was a bit crazy. I'd be able to see enemies miles in advance and they'd get owned and i'd somehow get a shot or two. For me it loses the lone wanderer feel to it but I know i'd die so much more without them. So i've ditched them for now to see how I get on. Might end up really regretting it but I like to keep the mystery of 'ooh what's over that rise' or 'around the corner'. With Boone you know if somethings there or not way off.

Yeah, Boone is an absolute beast with pretty much any gun you give him.

I was ready to start worshipping him as a deity when he took a deathclaw in one shot.

Yeah, Boone is an absolute beast with pretty much any gun you give him.

I was ready to start worshipping him as a deity when he took a deathclaw in one shot.

ooooh I may have to do some work for Boone in order to get him! Could do with his help killing the deathclaws going into the quarry. Got a quest related to him just not bothered doing it. At the moment I've got ED-E.

Some people have reported needing 55 speech to be able to complete the quest. I didn't, but it may have just been the way I did it.

He is a little bit overpowered, but when you consider how powerful some enemies are, you'll realize that having a companion almost balances the game. I've had to reload a save because he died on me a few times when there were tons of enemies coming after us.

I haven't even attempted the quarry to be honest. I've finally made it to The Strip! After 20 hours :). I could have easily looked around a lot more and done a few more quests but I figure that's where the game truly 'starts' so best to check it out. Judging by how you get in I think those 20 hours have gone in pretty useful.

I haven't even attempted the quarry to be honest. I've finally made it to The Strip! After 20 hours :). I could have easily looked around a lot more and done a few more quests but I figure that's where the game truly 'starts' so best to check it out. Judging by how you get in I think those 20 hours have gone in pretty useful.

well I've seen the strip and been very close but turned my back on it. Still plenty to do elsewhere before I enter that madness. I'm 16 hours in!

Anyone have an idea why crows show up as friendly characters on the compass thing? When I'm walking through the wastes, I see a yellow bar appear at the bottom and go and investigate, only to find a damn crow. It's getting annoying. The crows don't even seem to do anything. They just fly off and the yellow bar disappears. I've tried shooting them in case they're a collectible or something, but nothing.

Just got to Novac. I love the reason behind the name.

The NO VACancy sign on the hotel the town is based around has missing letters.

Pickpocketed the store room key from the shopkeeper in the dinosaur, snuck into the back and stole all the dinosaur souvenirs (100's of them), then sold them back to him. The chump!

Edited by Goafer

Anyone have an idea why crows show up as friendly characters on the compass thing? When I'm walking through the wastes, I see a yellow bar appear at the bottom and go and investigate, only to find a damn crow. It's getting annoying. The crows don't even seem to do anything. They just fly off and the yellow bar disappears. I've tried shooting them in case they're a collectible or something, but nothing.

Just got to Novac. I love the reason behind the name.

The NO VACancy sign on the hotel the town is based around has missing letters.

Pickpocketed the store room key from the shopkeeper in the dinosaur, snuck into the back and stole all the dinosaur souvenirs (100's of them), then sold them back to him. The chump!

in reference to the novac retard:

definitely dinosaur souvenirs and not toy rockets? I didn't steal the key I bought it off him and went in and there were rockets

Yeh this has bugged me on occasion and have since stopped investigating if it's by/on a road because it's probably a crow.

What i'm really enjoying is how much more your sneak skill seems to count for in this game. I've one-hit sniped so many threats it's awesome. Really hope the 'Grim Reaper' perk is in this.

in reference to the novac retard:

definitely dinosaur souvenirs and not toy rockets? I didn't steal the key I bought it off him and went in and there were rockets

Rockets and Dinosaur Souvenirs. Neither were worth much each, but there were hundreds of each of them. Can't seem to sell the rockets back to him though.

Rockets and Dinosaur Souvenirs. Neither were worth much each, but there were hundreds of each of them. Can't seem to sell the rockets back to him though.

ah right cool!

So basically the story plot is not pointing me towards the strip but I still feel like I want to explore more of the wasteland and also finish off a few lose ends! Few notes on observations

LOVED the Boone mission. When I originally entered Novac I was pretty sure Jean the motel owner was a paedophile or something! Anyway I investigated around and suspected it was her all along and I was right after breaking into her safe and finding the receipt that she sold Boone's wife as a slave. Which for some reason reason I found really sad and disturbing, I hope maybe I will bump into her so I can rescue her later (if she deserves it)

Anyway so like I said wanted to explore some more and looked on the map and thought there must be something over where I ended up finding Nelson. At which point I was presented with the task of going in and killing some NCR hostages so that the troops could move in and do their stuff without fear of their friends dieing as they'd already be dead. I wasn't quite sure what to do as despite having a great reputation with the NCR I had so far maintained Neutrality with the Legion!

However as we entered Boone said something like we aren't letting these be mercy killings and I just felt fuck yeah we're not so we stormed in and saved the day. All thanks to Boone.

One bad thing though, game lock ups seem to be becoming more regular...I've now had 6 game lock ups in total. I've even left it on to see if it sorts itself out because I've heard of people having left it for 15 mins and then it suddenly carries on bizarre...

I've noticed that the times when the games freeze the most are when its loading a different world space. the game's frozen on me during loading than any other serious glitches I've had.

I've noticed that the times when the games freeze the most are when its loading a different world space. the game's frozen on me during loading than any other serious glitches I've had.

yeah thats true if your moving from one area of the wasteland to the next it commonly happens. Most reason time its happened to me was when I first found Camp Forlorn Hope.

Camp forlorn hope is in the same world space as the rest of the mojave wasteland. Unless you meant it froze when you were going into one of the buildings.

Camp forlorn hope is in the same world space as the rest of the mojave wasteland. Unless you meant it froze when you were going into one of the buildings.

no it froze shortly after it told me I discovered it!

Anyway got another weird glitch... ED-E went strangely missing and I never really worked out how or why wasn't made unconscious and left by me or anything, but I wasn't that bothered as I soon acquired Boone. However when I went to investigate a vault I had never visited before whilst walking around with Boone I suddenly heard that familar song ED-E plays! So bizarre but I was happy we were reunited. :hug:

ED-E's battle music is awesome! I too have Boone and ED-E. I loved messing around in the Boone mission though, great stuff.

I've just met Yes Man to end the Ring-A-Ding-Ding quest. He is probably my favorite character between Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

no it froze shortly after it told me I discovered it!

Anyway got another weird glitch... ED-E went strangely missing and I never really worked out how or why wasn't made unconscious and left by me or anything, but I wasn't that bothered as I soon acquired Boone. However when I went to investigate a vault I had never visited before whilst walking around with Boone I suddenly heard that familar song ED-E plays! So bizarre but I was happy we were reunited. :hug:

In that case, its not the same glitch.

When you get separated from a follower for a certain amount of time, they'll always end up back in that vault.

In that case, its not the same glitch.

When you get separated from a follower for a certain amount of time, they'll always end up back in that vault.

even if you've never been inside it?! Bizarre...however it was awesome as me and Boone were fighting it out to suddenly hear that battle music playing!

When one of mine vanished for a few hours he went back to where I got him from.

I guess there are exceptions, I'm just repeating what I read on the vault (Fallout Wiki).

The only glitches i've had so far are occasional black line across the middle of the screen when aiming without a weapon (really weird one that), some characters getting stuck in scenery and the game not telling what location i've just found or quest i've updated (the XP still shows up). In comparison to Fallout 3 it's not that bad, that game had it's fair share of bugs and in fact I had that freeze on me a few times whereas Vegas hasn't once.

Edited by ViPeR

Just finished it, I did not finish all the quests I could do seeing as I wanted to have something fresh for the my run in the game.

One thing that annoyed me immensely with the ending, in the "clipshow" that I was given, some of the stuff contradicted itself.... a lot.

Like my decision with what happens with Vegas:

I went for a independent Vegas

It said that life in the Vegas was more chaotic but causalities were kept to a minimum and life got better as a result seeing as House' s tyranny had ended and because the Kings went back to aiding citizens of the strip no matter who they are.

Next slide says that the Followers of Apocalypse could not handle all the injured, dying and addicts that were coming in from the strip.

Yet I did as much as I could to help them...

I loved this game, but the ending slides I got showed me too much of what I did not do and showed me too little of what I wanted to know what would happen.

I have just finished the game with the Independent questline.

I had to switch off hardcore at the very end just to finish the quest becuase the robots were useless. I had to fight NCR so I lost Boone before the big battle (as he has friends in the NCR). Companions are priceless on hardcore; I can just hide in a corner while Boone takes a group out.

I could probably finish it on hardcore but I'm just going to load a previous save and try a different ending. Mr House next I think.

Edited by Chuck

Is this game as bastard gimped as everyone says it is? This engine has been prone to buggy shit for years, its about fucking time they updated it. Then again, its an Obsidian game, meaning it will categorically be buggy.

Worth a purchase?

For me it was totally worth it, had the game lock up on me probably about 10 ten times during my 40 hour run and that was my biggest bug related problem.

It's hugely buggy but its mostly minor things (at least for me) probably due to the scale of the game.

Too put it simply, this is better than Fallout 3.