NEurope
Choze

Aion

I bought Aion CE through Steam.

I played in the CB [Closed Beta], and the game is awesome ! :D

I have played WoW for some long years now, but Aion beats WoW so far down !

Deathjam, what a terrible grapich you have on Aion :o

or it can the pictures that makes it seems that way xD

I'm running Aion on full graphic ;D

Taken from here: AionSource

South Korea Aion requirements:

Minimum:

Connectivity: Broadband Internet connection

DirectX: 9.0c(2008,6)

Hard Drive space: 30GB

Operating System: Windows XP SP2/Windows Vista

Processor: Pentium 4 2.8GHz/AMD Athlon 2800

RAM: 1 GB RAM

Video Card: GeForce 6600/Radeon X1550

Recommended:

DirectX: 9.0c(2008,6)

Hard Drive space: 30GB

Operating System: Windows XP SP2/Windows Vista

Processor: Pentium Dual Core/AMD Athlon 64 X2

RAM: 2 GB RAM

Video Card: GeForce 7600/Radeon X2600

Gamestops/NCSoft West requirements:

Minimum System Requirements

DirectX: DirectX? 9.0c

Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space

Operating System : Windows XP SP2/ Vista

Processor : 2.8GHz CPU or equivalent

RAM : 1GB RAM

Video Card : NVIDIA 5900 Ultra with 128MB RAM / ATI Radeon x700 with 128MB RAM or higher

Recommended System Requirements

Connectivity : Broadband Internet connection

DirectX : DirectX? 9.0c

Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space

Operating System : Windows XP SP2/ Vista

Processor : Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent

RAM : 2GB RAM

Video Card : NVIDIA 6800 with 256MB RAM / ATI Radeon x800 with 256MB or higher

Personally, I would recommend 4GB ram. From personal experience it makes such a huge difference than having 2. Dual Core CPU is what Don has, but obviously Quad core can cope with more. Graphics card, you should be fine with I *think*. Everything else, well not really a problem.

A pic from some hefty play. Don died and it looks like im trying to shove something up his butt to help him :S

72014.jpeg

Mission failed, im left all alone.

72018.jpeg

I bought Aion CE through Steam.

I played in the CB [Closed Beta], and the game is awesome ! :D

I have played WoW for some long years now, but Aion beats WoW so far down !

Deathjam, what a terrible grapich you have on Aion :o

or it can the pictures that makes it seems that way xD

I'm running Aion on full graphic ;D

If you meant these pics, i KNOW you are mistaken. I run on full graphics with ease. I hope you didn't post just to gloat about graphics.

Anyways, on a friendlier note, what server did you play and how many betas did you attend? I played in even the chinese open beta, always the Assassin class and never got bored. I love it. It's hard coming home to find I have more than a month to wait for it's full release, but booked off a lot of holiday hrs around it's release so I can gorge myself on it. Even bought 4GB of ram (wont run with the previous 2GB of ram i had :*( ), a new (cheap) keyboard and a new widescreen monitor.

Terrible graphics? Far from it. They look absolutely fine by me.

Dont worry Deathjam, it'll be here before we know it!

One of these days I'll find myself diving into one of these epic MMOs but as of now I only have a crummy laptop and no money. Plus a PS3 that needs repairing and then feeding.

Beta ended on Monday. Been a struggle to reach today without it. Wondering what to do so I thought I would post up some pics from the last few mins before the end:

Soaring thru the skies early on.

72010.jpeg

Bears don't be knowing that I hiding! [Translation: Im hiding and the bears cannot see me and focus on their target, the unlucky warrior. He did not survive.]

72012.jpeg

I actually have no idea what this is...

73068.jpeg

Demons slain, the job is done...

73067.jpeg

Is there another open beta between now and release?

I think there is but not sure when. Obviously, characters will be wiped before the official game release. It's gonna be hard to start all over again.

EDIT: Anyone who's in the closed beta should read this http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/news/closed-beta-testers-update-your-passwords-1.html

EDIT2: After looking around, I really can't find any info on whether there is an open beta or not. After all the closed betas I can see why.

Edited by Deathjam

Theres new two videos posted on Gametrailers well worth checking out

GC 09: Walkthrough Part I

GC 09: Walkthrough Part II

I never really understood what they meant by PvPvE or at least how they would implement it. But it certainly sounds sweet.

Yeah saw those earlier today. They do look awesome. I didn't truly understand either but now we should have a better clue. Don't think there will be an open beta though :(

I WAS WRONG!

Dates Announced for Aion's Open Beta, Pre-Select and Headstart Programs!

Here's that much-anticipated announcement!

Press Release:

Players are now one step closer to the release of the year's biggest massively multiplayer online (MMO) game, Aion.

Within the next four weeks, NCsoft will treat North American and European gamers to two opportunities to jump into the world of Aion and explore Atreia as Asmodian or Elyos characters ahead of its release in North America on September 22 and Europe September 25. Aion's Open Beta Test featuring version 1.5 will take place September 6 - 13 and will include numerous Western enhancements, including improvements to Aion's innovative character customization with a host of Western styles, as well as new zones, instances, skills, quests and continued game balancing and improvements. Open Beta will retain a level cap for both Elyos and Asmodians characters at 30 allowing players to focus on getting to the same level so they can explore the lands of Atreia together, as well as the Abyss.

Players who have preordered Aion will be treated to a Pre-Select and a two-day Headstart period giving them the opportunity to explore, organize and progress through the game prior to the official launch. Pre-Select will take place on September 18, while Aion's Headstart will begin September 20. Players can still participate in the Aion's Pre-Select and Headstart programs by preordering the game through several participating online and brick-and-mortar retailers, including Aiononline.com, Amazon, Best Buy, EB Games Canada, Fry's Electronics, GameStop, Steam and Target.

Unlike any MMO before it, Aion is a uniquely crafted online experience where flight offers much more than just a way to explore the landscape - it is a strategic and integral part of combat, quests, and exploration. Players will dive into battle and plunge through thousands of unique, story-driven quests, all while trying to save a world literally shattered in half from centuries of brutal conflict. Using one of the most flexible and in-depth character customization systems ever featured in an MMO, players will be able to create genuinely distinct characters and explore a visually stunning world of ethereal beauty brimming with otherworldly inhabitants, mysterious enemies, and ancient secrets.

For more information about Aion go to http://www.aiononline.com.

Source

Playing the beta now :D woo

28120784-ddb6e99d3e9f59e7097b5319deb60605.4aa4068c-full.jpg

The game is having serious issues so im giving it awhile before I go back in. Game Guard is STILL a pain in the arse

I've been playing it constantly and not had a single problem yet. I'm on the Telemachus server

its a bit hard for me to get into this one seeing as my closed beta character is gone. And then these lame issues with disconnecting every 5 mins does not help. You pick asmodian of Elyos. For this beta, i will go elyos, but will revert back to Asmodian when the game is properly released.

Hmm Beta seems to be much better now. Playing a character called Plaeh on the Telemachus server.

77485.jpeg

77486.jpeg

77481.jpeg

77482.jpeg

77484.jpeg

77487.jpeg

cant wait for it to come out, really liking the ranger class this time around.

Oh and im playing as an Elyos on Telemachus server, character called Godrick.

Edited by Doncartel

Well just had an epic time on Aion that has spanned an unhealthy 10-15 hrs in the space of two days. Love this game. Cannot wait for it to come out, and thankfully that wait is not long.

To be honest, i wasn't that impressed with this game. I installed XP specifically to try out the beta. I think it's just the story that didn't grab me, the combat was fine, the characters and the game looks very nice, and the game does start to feel different to other mmo's once you get to level 8-10ish. But the game just didn't grab me, i didn't like the lack of races, and i find for some reason the crazy customisability of player characters to detract from the immersion in this game world. I mean gnome sized people with heads as big as an elephant with feet like flippers really jars with me.

I do like the ability to buy spellbooks for skills above your level so when you level in the wild you can instantly leanr new spells without going back to the trainer. I also like how abilities scale, a feature i'm glad to see is coming to WoW in a few months.

Overall, i'm not convinced, but I imagine if i could be bothered to play a character up to level 20 i might start to get into the game a bit more.

To be honest, i wasn't that impressed with this game. I installed XP specifically to try out the beta. I think it's just the story that didn't grab me, the combat was fine, the characters and the game looks very nice, and the game does start to feel different to other mmo's once you get to level 8-10ish. But the game just didn't grab me, i didn't like the lack of races, and i find for some reason the crazy customisability of player characters to detract from the immersion in this game world. I mean gnome sized people with heads as big as an elephant with feet like flippers really jars with me.

I do like the ability to buy spellbooks for skills above your level so when you level in the wild you can instantly leanr new spells without going back to the trainer. I also like how abilities scale, a feature i'm glad to see is coming to WoW in a few months.

Overall, i'm not convinced, but I imagine if i could be bothered to play a character up to level 20 i might start to get into the game a bit more.

Funnily enough that is when the characters really come into their own. 20 is where you get the really flashy, class defining skills. 8-10 is nothing as classes like the warrior, for example, have barely any skills. After 10, you can head down a tree to become a gladiator or templar.

Anyways, the open beta will end tomorrow at 8am i think. Gonna see how long I can stay up and enjoy this for.

Some pics from the soon the be stopped open beta:

EDIT: Picasa web albums don't like hotlinking :(

Edited by Deathjam
Automerged Doublepost

I got my early access code from Play about 30 mins ago! Roll on Sunday :)

Make sure you apply it to the NCsoft account and that the status reads as pre order. Never saw you during the closed beta. What class you play with? Also, you have to go asmodae. Already got a few people to consider turning to the dark side during the beta. Anyways, will be on the Telemachus server when the game comes out.

EDIT: oh and pre-selection starts today. Allows you to reserve up to 2 names for two characters on any given server.