NEurope
Choze

Aion

Might as well cancel my preorder. still have not got into any beta. Wont have time for MMORPG though.

Might as well cancel my preorder. still have not got into any beta. Wont have time for MMORPG though.

thats a shame, i think aion is the best mmorpg i have played for a whilemaybe you could get it at a later date cos im sure its planning on being around for a while.

thats a shame, i think aion is the best mmorpg i have played for a whilemaybe you could get it at a later date cos im sure its planning on being around for a while.

I want to get into the beta. I have had the special edition preordered for months now. Definately looking promising. although i still havent gone beyond level 71 in WOW.

I want to get into the beta. I have had the special edition preordered for months now. Definately looking promising. although i still havent gone beyond level 71 in WOW.

Who do you have it pre-ordered with? If it's amazon, check out their pre-order info page. Too late to find link so will do tomorrow. If you have an account with NCSOFT, you should go to their website. Also the link I provided in a previous post is a great source of info too.

The only MMOMRPGMMOM I want to ever get into is EVE Online, and that scares me.

Same here.

This just looks boring for me. I was interested until the 3rd screen shot.

Same here.

This just looks boring for me. I was interested until the 3rd screen shot.

Yes. Thanks for that snippet of info...I for one, have played it, and have found it to be far more enjoyable than most MMO's I have played. WoW bored me in minutes. This has kept me playing for days.

I've contemplating on buying the CE, mainly for the bonuses like the black cloud winds. The only place I can find it is online @ £45 which is hella steep! I'm 90% sure I will go for the regular edition from somewhere like gameplay. It's £24.99 saving a tenner from buying it online and saving myself £20 for an extra 10 seconds worth of flying.

I'm just trying to do a bit or research on class. I was a priest in WoW and don't want to heal anymorz. I'm thinking of rocking either an Assassin or Ranger.

I've contemplating on buying the CE, mainly for the bonuses like the black cloud winds. The only place I can find it is online @ £45 which is hella steep! I'm 90% sure I will go for the regular edition from somewhere like gameplay. It's £24.99 saving a tenner from buying it online and saving myself £20 for an extra 10 seconds worth of flying.

I'm just trying to do a bit or research on class. I was a priest in WoW and don't want to heal anymorz. I'm thinking of rocking either an Assassin or Ranger.

Rangers are cool, have some very nicely animated skills and gear (high level bows are drool worthy) but they have a problem of lottery damage in that what they inflict can vary largely, and it seems as if it's out of the players control to reduce this range. I think some numbers that were given were like 500 - 1500.

Assasins are dangerous, very fun to play and my initial class of choice. Some Very flash attacks, but very gear dependent, which can get costly. They can take down any enemy wearing cloth, but if they dont attack accurately against a heavily armoured opponent (they are a burst damage class so they attack very quickly and heavily in a short amount of time) they will have to get away sharpish. Assasins initially level a bit slowly, and it is kinda hard at the start of the game with people dying frequently when fighting enemies of the same level. But you gotta love the perks that come with the class.

You may also want to try out the gladiator class. They are an immense amount of fun from what Doncartel has told and shown me. Very tough and deal decent dmg. Some flashy moves too and can use most weapons.

Rangers are cool, have some very nicely animated skills and gear (high level bows are drool worthy) but they have a problem of lottery damage in that what they inflict can vary largely, and it seems as if it's out of the players control to reduce this range. I think some numbers that were given were like 500 - 1500.

Assasins are dangerous, very fun to play and my initial class of choice. Some Very flash attacks, but very gear dependent, which can get costly. They can take down any enemy wearing cloth, but if they dont attack accurately against a heavily armoured opponent (they are a burst damage class so they attack very quickly and heavily in a short amount of time) they will have to get away sharpish. Assasins initially level a bit slowly, and it is kinda hard at the start of the game with people dying frequently when fighting enemies of the same level. But you gotta love the perks that come with the class.

You may also want to try out the gladiator class. They are an immense amount of fun from what Doncartel has told and shown me. Very tough and deal decent dmg. Some flashy moves too and can use most weapons.

Gladiators are awesome and are instantly fun to play as but they get pwnd by the mage classes (as does everything else), but if your looking to grind out at the beginning and eventually obtain an insane amount of damage power and really cool flashy moves then play as the assassin class, which imo is an experts choice.

level 71 seems pretty high to me, you should come to Aion and get a new experience. what is the max level on WoW anyways?

Yes. Thanks for that snippet of info...I for one, have played it, and have found it to be far more enjoyable than most MMO's I have played. WoW bored me in minutes. This has kept me playing for days.

Oh shiiii, I didn't realise all my posts had to have INFORMATION FOR THE MASSES. And that maybe me agreeing with someone and giving my two cent was also valid. Obviously not.

level 71 seems pretty high to me, you should come to Aion and get a new experience. what is the max level on WoW anyways?

WoW's cap is lvl 80.

You should get Aion. And we should all hit up the same server! Whats the difference between the Factions? I prefer the look of Eylos. After staring at the hideous Horde I'm ready for staring at some beauty

Oh shiiii, I didn't realise all my posts had to have INFORMATION FOR THE MASSES. And that maybe me agreeing with someone and giving my two cent was also valid. Obviously not.

Don't have to have info. Just have to be somewhat useful. Yours wasn't. In a topic where people are asking questions, and you come in with something akin to trolling (not quite but close) and a view based on what, 3 screenshots? Check out a vid or two. See some opinions, both positive and negative, about the beta before making judgement.

WoW's cap is lvl 80.

You should get Aion. And we should all hit up the same server! Whats the difference between the Factions? I prefer the look of Eylos. After staring at the hideous Horde I'm ready for staring at some beauty

Yeah hes got it already thanks to my constant badgering. Elyos look pretty but bland imo. Asmodae are what the 'emos' will typically go for, but they half of the world looks more...interesting for lack of a better word. Plus Don and I are Asmodae and im playing right now :D

Don't have to have info. Just have to be somewhat useful. Yours wasn't. In a topic where people are asking questions, and you come in with something akin to trolling (not quite but close) and a view based on what, 3 screenshots? Check out a vid or two. See some opinions, both positive and negative, about the beta before making judgement.

Oh please, you could have just left it. You could have just thought, "If I were him I'd of checked it out more, it's good" And carried on with your life. Instead you were the one making some sort of deal out of it. You say my post wasn't "useful". Firstly you can question what it has to be to be deemed useful and how it depends on the reader, and secondly, it really doesn't have to be useful; it can be an opinion. Shocking, I know.

Don't worry though, I'll be the bigger man and I'll just leave it. I'm sorry for offending you and your game. I hope you enjoy it, really, I do. I hope it brings you many hours of happiness. Maybe one day we can be friends?

Oh please, you could have just left it. You could have just thought, "If I were him I'd of checked it out more, it's good" And carried on with your life. Instead you were the one making some sort of deal out of it. You say my post wasn't "useful". Firstly you can question what it has to be to be deemed useful and how it depends on the reader, and secondly, it really doesn't have to be useful; it can be an opinion. Shocking, I know.

Don't worry though, I'll be the bigger man and I'll just leave it. I'm sorry for offending you and your game. I hope you enjoy it, really, I do. I hope it brings you many hours of happiness. Maybe one day we can be friends?

Sarcasm, gotta love it. See, I can do it too! But if the last part of your comment is sincere then cool, i'll leave it. Just maybe you should give it more of a chance than just three screenies.

Hopefully i am on soon. will join the N-E server. Its definitely got huge potential going by the last beta.

Hopefully i am on soon. will join the N-E server. Its definitely got huge potential going by the last beta.

We are playing on the Azphel server.

We are playing on the Azphel server.

Ok excellent. I have no code on amazon though. It just says i will be notified.

Might change preorder.

im playing right now :D

Awww man I jealous. I wish I could play. The more I watch a ranger the more I don't think its for me purely because of the kiting.

What specs are your computers? I've got my brothers old machine which isn't working atm. I think it needs a new HD then it will be fine and dandy. Will it run ok on these specs?

Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz - E8800

ATi x1950pro

3Gb Ram

Awww man I jealous. I wish I could play. The more I watch a ranger the more I don't think its for me purely because of the kiting.

What specs are your computers? I've got my brothers old machine which isn't working atm. I think it needs a new HD then it will be fine and dandy. Will it run ok on these specs?

Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz - E8800

ATi x1950pro

3Gb Ram

Taken from here: AionSource

South Korea Aion requirements:

Minimum:

Connectivity: Broadband Internet connection

DirectX: 9.0c(2008,6)

Hard Drive space: 30GB

Operating System: Windows XP SP2/Windows Vista

Processor: Pentium 4 2.8GHz/AMD Athlon 2800

RAM: 1 GB RAM

Video Card: GeForce 6600/Radeon X1550

Recommended:

DirectX: 9.0c(2008,6)

Hard Drive space: 30GB

Operating System: Windows XP SP2/Windows Vista

Processor: Pentium Dual Core/AMD Athlon 64 X2

RAM: 2 GB RAM

Video Card: GeForce 7600/Radeon X2600

Gamestops/NCSoft West requirements:

Minimum System Requirements

DirectX: DirectX? 9.0c

Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space

Operating System : Windows XP SP2/ Vista

Processor : 2.8GHz CPU or equivalent

RAM : 1GB RAM

Video Card : NVIDIA 5900 Ultra with 128MB RAM / ATI Radeon x700 with 128MB RAM or higher

Recommended System Requirements

Connectivity : Broadband Internet connection

DirectX : DirectX? 9.0c

Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space

Operating System : Windows XP SP2/ Vista

Processor : Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent

RAM : 2GB RAM

Video Card : NVIDIA 6800 with 256MB RAM / ATI Radeon x800 with 256MB or higher

Personally, I would recommend 4GB ram. From personal experience it makes such a huge difference than having 2. Dual Core CPU is what Don has, but obviously Quad core can cope with more. Graphics card, you should be fine with I *think*. Everything else, well not really a problem.

A pic from some hefty play. Don died and it looks like im trying to shove something up his butt to help him :S

72014.jpeg

Mission failed, im left all alone.

72018.jpeg

Edited by Deathjam

So this won't work on my old Samsung NC10 Netbook then?

Oh well, I need to get a decent PC anyway, any recommendations? Build my own? I will mainly be using it for an MMO of some sort and t'internet browsing.

awww sweetness! Those shots look damn good! I love the UI.

I think I'm gonna upgrade my computer to an i7 with 6 gigs of ram. Might have to keep this graphics card for a while long whilst I save up some more moolar. From what I've seen taking down a enemy (pve) seems a lot more challenging than WoW. Whats the leveling speed in comparison with WoW?

So this won't work on my old Samsung NC10 Netbook then?

Oh well, I need to get a decent PC anyway, any recommendations? Build my own? I will mainly be using it for an MMO of some sort and t'internet browsing.

Not a chance on your netbook unfortunately. I'd always build my own PC but thats because I'm anal about parts. If your normal then check out Overclockers for £560 this aint too shabby. I'm sure theres other good deals out there this is the first once I looked at.

Edited by fex
Automerged Doublepost

awww sweetness! Those shots look damn good! I love the UI.

I think I'm gonna upgrade my computer to an i7 with 6 gigs of ram. Might have to keep this graphics card for a while long whilst I save up some more moolar. From what I've seen taking down a enemy (pve) seems a lot more challenging than WoW. Whats the leveling speed in comparison with WoW?

Not a chance on your netbook unfortunately. I'd always build my own PC but thats because I'm anal about parts. If your normal then check out Overclockers for £560 this aint too shabby. I'm sure theres other good deals out there this is the first once I looked at.

Leveling in comparison to WoW? I think its slower imo but Wow bored the hell out of me very quickly and I had not even reached level 20. Also WoW has a higher level cap (for now) Plus I have played a chinese open beta by myself, and now this closed beta which will end on monday, meaning i will have had two characters from the same class to boot, but will still buy the game and play that when it comes out. It hurts knowing that my character will be wiped very soon, but im happy that i have ample knowledge about quests and how to go about them now. Stick with me and you will race through the levels :D.

Love this game, should have got more pics >.<

heres some more pics for you to enjoy!

72196.jpeg

72197.jpeg

69456.jpeg?--DNAME--

72198.jpeg

69455.jpeg?--DNAME--

Edited by Doncartel
pics too small

Man those shots look sweet. I can't wait, just over a month till release. It's going to be a long month!

I hope this game gets a good subscription base. I'm sure this will take some players away from WoW.

Edited by fex

trying not to go back as I reached my target of lv 22 (max for beta was 30). Can't resist. Morheim looks cool and need to get more pics before im done.