NEurope
Choze

Aion

Well i am trying out this new MMORPG and so far am impressed. It runs really smooth(low requirements for very high) and seems very polished.

Anyone can join. Would like to play with some n-europe members.

Enlgish patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2b4068ef24085b6e90a82c7bb0fad7ade04e75f6e8ebb871

Go to your chinese aion folder/L10N

1. Download the file, and place it in the folder L10N

2. Make sure your regional setting are not Chinese but English (US), it's important that it's US!

4. Start and enjoy!

Credits go to kakashigr.

For europeans change language for your pc to English 'US'. This inlcudes UK users. That way you can play in English.

Enjoy!

2m5zbmc.jpg

2hiczvc.jpg

c292d.jpg

2b2zoi.jpg

33y3m10.jpg

1zcefyp.jpg

The only MMOMRPGMMOM I want to ever get into is EVE Online, and that scares me.

So far it alot like WOW. It feels more like Wow than any other MMO. Go ahead try out the beta. There is no requirements. Its really impressive so far. I want to play with n-europers. :)

well just looking at that can tell it won't be running on my netbook lol!

You will be surprised. It runs perfectly smooth. Very resource light. Uses the Far Cry (Crytek 1) engine. It runs smoother than WOW WOTLK for me amazingly. :awesome:

Downloaded it yesterday after you said you were trying it out and its fully installed. Surprised that it was so simple to install. 7gb dload in about 4 hrs is not bad! Now all i need to do is register.

Downloaded it yesterday after you said you were trying it out and its fully installed. Surprised that it was so simple to install. 7gb dload in about 4 hrs is not bad! Now all i need to do is register.

Do it. Its actually very polished for a beta anyway. Hopefully Europe isnt too far off.

Do it. Its actually very polished for a beta anyway. Hopefully Europe isnt too far off.

Trying to find a server but they all seem busy and wait time is like 1 hour :( Which server did you opt for?

Trying to find a server but they all seem busy and wait time is like 1 hour :( Which server did you opt for?

I am on the server cluster which has a 2 at the end of the name (bottom choice last 1)

I am on 'Tiamat' server once in the game.

rs7zmb.jpg

Huge wait (1hour)

Edited by Choze

Will be on in about an hr then. Suits me fine as i need to do some rearranging after doing a bit of DIY in my room.

I went to download it but it was taking forever. Getting very low speeds. Might try again once my internet is running more quickly. What would be quicker, download or torrent?

I went to download it but it was taking forever. Getting very low speeds. Might try again once my internet is running more quickly. What would be quicker, download or torrent?

I used torrent. But try this http://games.on.net/filelist.php?app=1565&menu=1

People say they get about 300kbs with it.

Here is another register install guide. http://aion.mmosite.com/guide/register.shtml

Bear in mind use the english patch. Once you are ingame it should be 100% English at login unlike at the link.

Quite fun. Very like WoW which bored me very quickly so I will see how this holds up. On now. Playing as scout called Gea but planning to try out other classes such as the cleric. Already made char for it and warrior but for now, will see how scout plays.

Quite fun. Very like WoW which bored me very quickly so I will see how this holds up. On now. Playing as scout called Gea but planning to try out other classes such as the cleric. Already made char for it and warrior but for now, will see how scout plays.

Nice. On my server? I am a level 4 scout. Level 10 gives you access to the city.

I wont put too much time in this but lets see what the chinese and Koreans think. Age of Conan and Warhammer left alot of people dissapointed.

Generic asian mmo #627, no thanks

Its anything but a generic asian MMO. Its designed to also appeal to westerners. This is one of NCsofts premiere MMORPG that they have been working on for many years. Leveling up is fast and its quest heavy. You even get xp for picking up drops and collecting. Presentation is top notch too. It actually runs better than WOW on my specs so far.

level10 pics:

flying:

33ju5qa.jpg

Selling your goods with your own private store:

aion0036.jpg

aion0031.jpg

aion0032.jpg

Edited by Choze

Nice. On my server? I am a level 4 scout. Level 10 gives you access to the city.

I wont put too much time in this but lets see what the chinese and Koreans think. Age of Conan and Warhammer left alot of people dissapointed.

Its anything but a generic asian MMO. Its designed to also appeal to westerners. This is one of NCsofts premiere MMORPG that they have been working on for many years. Leveling up is fast and its quest heavy. You even get xp for picking up drops and collecting. Presentation is top notch too. It actually runs better than WOW on my specs so far.

level10 pics:

flying:

33ju5qa.jpg

Selling your goods with your own private store:

aion0036.jpg

aion0031.jpg

aion0032.jpg

Yeah Im on your server. Played for four hrs so Game logged me out. When i went back, it said I would get 50% of what I normally get so I should preferrably take a break for my health.

Yeah Im on your server. Played for four hrs so Game logged me out. When i went back, it said I would get 50% of what I normally get so I should preferrably take a break for my health.

Ok i am guessing you are ahead of me. I am only level 4. Was experimenting alot.

I like it so far. But this is only the start. Having said that its getting positive impressions from people higher up. They key thing is the game viable long term?

I am running at absolute max. Its over 60fps. 1920x1200 resolution. Only have 8800GTS (320MB). It should run on your laptop. Especially if WOW does.

I am running at absolute max. Its over 60fps. 1920x1200 resolution. Only have 8800GTS (320MB). It should run on your laptop. Especially if WOW does.

Apparently in this beta, some of the graphical effects have been disabled. Still looks nice. Upcoming blade and soul looks better but this will keep me happy for now methinks. Annoying ho it wants me to take a break though.

Hmmm, not sure about the intel graphics performance. Wow is awful on that...

Apparently in this beta, some of the graphical effects have been disabled. Still looks nice. Upcoming blade and soul looks better but this will keep me happy for now methinks. Annoying ho it wants me to take a break though.

UE3 is rubbish though and can only manage small environments :p The break thing is because in China there are laws for children playing MMO.

Hmmm, not sure about the intel graphics performance. Wow is awful on that...

UE3 is rubbish though and can only manage small environments :p The break thing is because in China there are laws for children playing MMO.

Hmmm. Will be interesting for when it comes out then. And yeah, from the stories I have heard, life and living are second to progress in an MMO.

Dont get too caught up! Not worth it.

Game seems good so far. This has promise. :)

Something amazing just happened. Was part of the story so wont give details but it ends all to briefly. It was VERY cool though.

EDIT: And now I cant get into the game after being logged out. Man is this beta annoying because there is so much promise but SOOO many issues.

Edited by Deathjam