NEurope
pedrocasilva

Ju-On: The Grudge (Fright Sim, AQ Interactive)

New Survival Horror game announced for the Wii in this weeks Famitsu, the title is called Feel (for now at least, might not be final) and is being published by AQ Interactive, the actual developer is unclear at this time, but it might be FeelPlus whom people thought it was Microsoft's until now.

The game itself is based on the film saga called Ju-On... That most of us know by The Grudge, which is the name the US remakes sported.

The Director/Writer for the Ju-On films is on board, apparently as an advisor. Note that this is not the game of Ju-On/The Grudge but a related work to them, the plot is supposed to be similar as is the style.

Scans:

2e5kto1.jpg

4hcxnk.jpg

click to enlarge [1] [2]

This was posted in the Wii General Discussion Thread, but it's good to have it's own thread, too.

I wonder why it's called "Feel", though. This could either be really interesting, or...really uninteresting.

Yeah, it can totally go one way... or the other!

Shurrrrrup. I had something in my head that I wanted to say, but it just didn't come out. :(

Although, I've noticed in that bottom scan that the character is carrying a torch, and the display just shows the torch on screen. So, that could be a pretty nifty idea, to keep the fear aspect in the game, that you control what you see, in effect. Doesn't the Silent Hill for Wii game also feature something like this?

I wonder why it's called "Feel", though. This could either be really interesting, or...really uninteresting.
They say it's because Feelplus is doing it.

As in... Feelplus the Lost Odyssey developer who served as codemonkeys for Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery. One thing is for sure... AQ Interactive definitely published a game for them and was doing Cry On with them and Mistwalker until someone pulled out. I'd say where is smoke there is fire and this is too "shady" to overlook.

So yeah, probably a codename of sorts and not the final name, plus... they might be able to trademark feel in Japan but outside Japan? impossible.

As for it being in the general wii discussion... I didn't knew.

Well, I'm not one for these sorts of games :zzz: ...unless its Eternal Darkness, but I do actually like how this looks. I've seen the Grudge 1 + 2 in their original Eastern form so thats maybe why Feel has caught my eye more than other horror game efforts.

Yey, another horror game that won't come out in the west!

So, everyone but Nintendo see value in horror games on Wii. Iwata and Miyamoto are clowns.

Lets cross our fingers on this one.

Yay, more horror games starring pale Japanese kids with long black hair is a good thing I guess.

Yeah, I didn't really know enough about it to make my own thread, so stuck it in the General thread. Glad pedro did though with his superiorz knowledges.

It looks okay, but I just can't bring myself to get excited for a Japanese-developed horror game at the moment :P

With the flashlight, it looks like there will be some searching around, especially with those screens, I doubt its on rails. Doesn't look like a shooter either.

I would actually like it if it were. :)

oh hell no, please don't say that, we have enough as is, give me more control >_<

Well, I'm not one for these sorts of games :zzz:

I would actually like it if it were :)

..aw man, get the 'snowman outta here now, he's making a mockery :heh:

I definitely don't want this to be on-rails.. we need a bit of variety in our games : peace: ..and anyway, we have needed a proper torch game since the Wii Remote was unleashed on the world :yay:

I think a lot of the on-rails hate is unjustified. There are not that many games on the Wii that are on-rails, and I feel that this particular style of game is getting a bad reputation.

Slowly, we're starting to get more options now. Silent Hill looks promising at the moment, and this still has a lot to prove, but its good that we're getting these types of games on the Wii. The more choice, the better.

hmm strange really As i always felt project zero/fatal frame was basically the gaming equivilant of the grudge..

I have never seen the japanese version but doesn't the grudge feel too small to be a videogame? I mean it pretty much always takes place in a small house.

Title change please!

Title: Kyôfu Taikan: Ju-on

Genre: Horror

Platform: Wii

# of players: 1 or 2

Release Date: Summer 09

Price: TBA

Development: Feelplus

© Toei/Ju-on Production Commision/Ju-on 2 Production Commission

© 2009 AQ Interactive Inc.

The game isn’t called “Feel” or “The Feel”. Someone must have read the company name (Feelplus Inc.) in katakana and thought it had something to do with the title. The actual title is Kyôfu Taikan: Ju-on. You can translate that in several ways, pick your favorite combination: kyôfu = fear/terror/dread, taikan = experience/sensation, Ju-on = curse/grudge/lingering negative karma, etc.

Today’s announcement that in there will be two new Ju-on movies released in Japan on June 27th, 2009. As Tokyograph reported earlier today, the first movie is called “Ju-on: Shiroi Roujo” and stars Akina Minami. The second is called “Ju-on: Kuroi Shoujo” and stars ex-Morning Musume member Ai Kago. The game blog explains that the game will have no direct tie-in with the movies, other than to try and help “spread the curse” with them on the 10th anniversary of the franchise.

AQ Interactive is also organizing a preview event at an undisclosed location within Tokyo on May 9th.

29.jpg

39.jpg

Edited by Dante

Until a better titles comes along, can i suggest The Grudge: Touch Fear?

The fact this is launching beside two films is worrying actually- could it be a rush job?

Edited by david.dakota

Wtf was that thing burping in my ears at the end?!

Wtf was that thing burping in my ears at the end?!

Thats the sound it makes. :eek:

I think the vid looks alright... I reckon this is the only "mature" title I'm curious about at all, so if it ends up being good that would be nice.