NEurope
Ashley

Three Important Notes About Update

Figured should start a new thread as people may be in the mind set "pff I've read HBFS, I don't need to pop in again". Should have been mentioned in that post but only just found it...

Anyway:

Visitor Messaging

Some people are having issues. Try going to User CP and then select 'Edit Options' on the left. Just above half way there are two options for VM:

Enable Visitor Messaging

Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators

Anyone having problems see if changing those helps. If not please let me know.

Customised Profiles

Riiiiight at the bottom of the 'Edit Options' page is the option to turn off user customised profile so if you have seen some of the fugly profiles out there and just want something more standard this is your checkbox to uncheck.

Also if you go to a certain members' profile there is an option just above the tabs to turn off their customisation, if one is particularly offensive to your eyes.

Quick Editor/Reply Box

Many of you are grateful that the Quick Reply boxes have been improved but just to let you know you can customise the content. Under User CP go to 'Quick Editor Options' and you can choose what is shown for the Quick Reply Box, Quick Edit Box and Quick Reply PM Box from these options: Visible Smilies, Visible Size, Visible Font, Visible Alignment, Visible List (n/a for Quick Edit or Quick PM).

Dunno why its only those ones but hey ho. If you're not the type to use different fonts or sizes it may help neaten things up.

Edited by Ashley

Enable Visitor Messaging

I have that box ticked but I'm still not seeing this anywhere. Is it just because nobody has left a message?

Hoooooow about now?

Update

Just logged in as Haggis (I promise, I am only doing this to people I a) think won't really care and b) I am literally popping on "does this work?" "yes/no okay back to me") and it seems fine for him. Anyone else?

Edited by Ashley

Well, whilst we were in the thread earlier and haggis said he couldn't see it, I checked and realised I couldn't either! Just seen that it's there now though, so I dunno why it wasn't earlier.

Just logged in as Haggis (I promise, I am only doing this to people I a) think won't really care and b) I am literally popping on "does this work?" "yes/no okay back to me") and it seems fine for him. Anyone else?

It's working for me now, so massive thanks Ash. :D

Customised Profiles

Riiiiight at the bottom of the 'Edit Options' page is the option to turn off user customised profile so if you have seen some of the fugly profiles out there and just want something more standard this is your checkbox to uncheck.

Also if you go to a certain members' profile there is an option just above the tabs to turn off their customisation, if one is particularly offensive to your eyes.

It wasn't offensive to my eyes, but I think Dafts profile is offensive to mankind.

(I love it)