NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck

Router problem

I thought it best to create a new thread.

Basically all of the wiring near the router was pulled out and when I reset the Internet nothing could connect wirelessly. I've also found that a signal was broadcast only some of the time. I have restarted the modem and router, reset security, checked settings, and reset the router from a button at the back of the unit. After all of this nothing can connect ( ps3, iphone, laptop) and the laptop says there is an unknown problem with the connection. It is a netgear wireless n router. Thanks

When you hit that reset button it returns it to the factory default, you need to setup your internet connection settings again.

try typing this in a browser 192.168.1.254

user is probably admin with the password admin

When you hit that reset button it returns it to the factory default, you need to setup your internet connection settings again.

try typing this in a browser 192.168.1.254

user is probably admin with the password admin

Yea I reset all of the settings after everything I tried. I backed them up before I started.

Why were the wires pulled out? Sounds like the Router or Modem is broke to me.

Why were the wires pulled out? Sounds like the Router or Modem is broke to me.

Sister pulled everything out from in and around the computer cupboard. I just want to know if I need to get £80 out of her if it is broken.

Wired works fine with everything.

Edited by Chuck

The computer wouldnt work so she pulled everything out.

Anyone got any other views?

If theres a signal broadcast only some of the time it sounds like its broken.. and it sounds like you have tryed every option.. if i was you id see if theres a newer firmware for it and see if that helps?

Sounds like the Router or Modem is broke to me.

Tried an old router and the wireless is good... for now.

If theres a signal broadcast only some of the time it sounds like its broken.. and it sounds like you have tryed every option.. if i was you id see if theres a newer firmware for it and see if that helps?

The firmware link you gave me last night was sent to me when I contacted Netgear. I told them about the problem with updating the firmware with that release and they told me it is a problem with Firefox 3. I updated the firmware in Explorer and still wireless didn't work. I've just turned on my laptop to check for emails from Netgear and the wireless has decided it is going to work after an hour or so from the firmware update and reset.

Hopefully the signal should stay, it seems to be fixed otherwise. Thanks.

Edited by Chuck
Automerged Doublepost

Sign in to follow this