NEurope
Tellyn

NES: The N-Europe Show #1

newspodred.jpg

We're back with a vengeance! In this relaunch episode we'll be chatting about the GDC and the (then) impending launch of the DSi. There's also the chance to win a brand spanking new WiiWare game!

Head over to the article to download episode 1, which is much shorter than before, at just 52 minutes.

The N-Europe Show is back! Staff members Nathan Whincup and Michael Jamieson join Steven Penny, the new man at the helm, for some chatter based around the happenings at GDC and the release of the DSi.

From the new flow of blood filled titles hitting the Wii and DS in the form of MadWorld, House of the Dead and GTA: Chinatown Wars, to Iwata's GDC keynote complete with a big Wii firmware update going live, not to mention the DSi launch, the podcast gang have plenty to discuss.

There's even a competition to celebrate the relaunch of the N-ES! Listen to the podcast to hear the question, and send your answer to [email protected] to be in with the chance of winning yourself a shiny new WiiWare game!

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13086

I was thinking of suggesting a forum plug...

But yes, it is a good-quality listen.

Can't find it on iTunes :( The titles are all too long which means it's impossible to find. I clicked one that said "#1" and it was ancient. Maybe just name it by the date rather than a long title which iTunes won't (stupidly) show.

Like I said great to see you guys back. Always loved the show especially my abortive attempts at getting in on the act with conor and franklin when my mic was echoing... So glad to see a fresh start..

Hunt it down tapey. DKC gets a mention or two! :hehe:

man :D you really love dkc :)

don't blame you though they're quite awesome.

Liked the show, well done. However the sound quality was funny as I use a headset, so I had some of you coming out of one ear and some out of the other!

Liked the show, well done. However the sound quality was funny as I use a headset, so I had some of you coming out of one ear and some out of the other!

True, plus, if I didn't know any better, I swear I can hear ReZ typing and clicking in the background. Someone even has a video or TV on!

True, plus, if I didn't know any better, I swear I can hear ReZ typing and clicking in the background. Someone even has a video or TV on!

haha, I heard the typing lol!

Yeah that'll be ReZ, he threw a fit at Claire when she turned on a Julia Roberts film just before we started recording. :heh:

Thanks for the positive response so far!

Who is who in the forums? I know Tellyn is Nathan, but not the other ones.

Edit: Oh, all explained in the podcast.

Edit2: Ok, someone please take the stereo mode out of the podcast, I'm partially def from my left ear and it seems like ReZ is whispering sweet things to me.

Edited by Shino

Who is who in the forums? I know Tellyn is Nathan, but not the other ones.

They all introduced themselves and stated their forum names at the beginning. The others were darksnowman = Steven and ReZourceman = Michael.

Edited by Ramar

man :D you really love dkc :)

don't blame you though they're quite awesome.

Come on, sure I post about the DKC games all the time- had to talk about them too. :heh:

Yeah the stereo sound was unexpected, lol. As was all the background noise and stuff (you can hear the jingles as we talk to each other on messenger at the same time as we were talking, lol) and its a pity that the sound quality itself is so "shakey." When we were chatting to each other we were all loud and clear, pity that the quality of the recording didn't match up. :(

Hopefully Mike doesn't mind me saying, but he's a really cool guy. We had a chat or two off air when waiting for Nathan to come online and he's really quite knowledgeable when it comes to computer games. Maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised, eh. :heh: (Does anyone else think his voice sounds a bit like Rory Bremner?)

Thanks for all the positive feedback. We weren't sure how it would turn out! :hehe:

Yeah apologies for the background noise. That was all me. It'll be sorted for next time. I have a mute option on the thing, and apparently it doesn't work. :indeed:

In re to Stereo....dunno how to fix that.

I'm looking forward to the next one, I think it will be better. We were starting to build a good chemistry I feel, and the stuff towards the end sounds easier to the ear/more natural....

...apart from my echo-bad-quality. Ugh. Well annoyed. Stay tuned folks.

...apart from my echo-bad-quality. Ugh. Well annoyed. Stay tuned folks.

Hey, I take offense to that.

Seems like a lot of people have downloaded the podcast, but we have just one competition entry... Just so you know, you can hear the question right after we play Trogdor (after all the GDC talk).

Seems like a lot of people have downloaded the podcast, but we have just one competition entry... Just so you know, you can hear the question right after we play Trogdor (after all the GDC talk).

Cos no one has a baldy clue what the answer is. :heh:

Who ever edits it needs to seriously re-work the sound. (Also the horrible intro tune)

Other than that it was cool.

I tried entering several times and kept getting delivery notification failure!

bout 2 days ago, i tried now just after reading that it was fixed...