NEurope
Dyson

User Profile Customization Discussion

I don't foresee this thread lasting long as something tells me that as hugely radical changes aren't possible, layout etc (thank god) colours will eventually get stale. But while they're all new we need a place to talk about it and such that isn't the announcement thread.

Let that place be here. :D

So...go! What's your take on customizable profiles? Think you've got the perfect profile? Then let's seeeeee it!

As for mine...it's Pikachu themed. Very yellow for sure but try and think of the theme! :heh:

(Alright, maybe I'll change it later..)

Actually I rather like it. I'm sure someone truly original will pop along soon with a profile entirely one colour. But that's not too bad :heh:

N-europe trying to turn into myspace or something.. next update we'll be able to put music and photo albums on our profiles..

Cube, I quite like yours :) I've... Well I have no idea what I was thinking. Mine is despicable.

And I can see myself whoring for friends too >_<

Actually I rather like it. I'm sure someone truly original will pop along soon with a profile entirely one colour. But that's not too bad :heh:

I was considering it, then claiming that mine was the most energy-efficient.

N-europe trying to turn into myspace or something.. next update we'll be able to put music and photo albums on our profiles..

To be fair I did state

Please I beg of you don't turn this into MySpace.

It could have been worse (and yes it could have included music and photo albums). But a bit of extra customisation...gotta make the people feel like they have some power :p

Does anyone even look at profile pages?

In the course of 'work' yes...normally not really.

If they do the option will be removed for them ^_^

(seriously, we still need to be able to see stuff)

I use profiles for stalking purposes. >_>

Though if this doesn't get insane I do wonder if it's possible to customize the colour of that grey section over to the left or something. I love customizability...just gotta be used sensibly.

To the left? As in the background colour of the forum itself? No.

Oh well, that's probably for the better anyway, the forum would lose its' sense of colour scheme and therefore identity. Some things are best left unaltered!

Does anyone even look at profile pages?

Must admit I very rarely look at a persons profile page.

Oh well, that's probably for the better anyway, the forum would lose its' sense of colour scheme and therefore identity. Some things are best left unaltered!

Yes, how I'd miss that beautiful serene grey.

Yes, how I'd miss that beautiful serene grey.

I call it Government Grey.

As for the updates, I appreciate the work that's been put in but I kinda liked it how it was before; friends, profiles and walls seem too much like fb. Basically, I CAN'T HANDLE CHANGE :heh:

I don't spend much time in the profile area, just a change or two to avatar or sig is really all i do at most, perhaps other things. So if customization came into the profiles, i'd probably follow Danny and leave mine as is. Except if i am bored of course he he

There are black, purple and blue options too :p

Any chance of getting those updated?

I call it Government Grey.

As for the updates, I appreciate the work that's been put in but I kinda liked it how it was before; friends, profiles and walls seem too much like fb. Basically, I CAN'T HANDLE CHANGE :heh:

Its standard vB update, we had no choice but turn it on/off (some of the areas anyway, some like the tabbed profiles we have to have) really. And if nothing changed we'd all be stuck in the past or something...

Any chance of getting those updated?

To....?

They're meant to replicate old schemes. Updating them would be oxymoronic.

May do a new scheme during the summer.

To....?

They're meant to replicate old schemes. Updating them would be oxymoronic.

May do a new scheme during the summer.

Well yeah, it'd be nice to have an alternative to government grey. (Cheers Molly ;) )

Damn it I'm trying to repress you all. Just accept it!

(although...I didn't make this scheme but regardless)