NEurope
tapedeck

iPhone/iTouch Apps...

Thought this may get missed in the apple thread...

Thinking my iPhone needs some new apps (alongside the boring ones like stocks/shares)...anyone got any suggestions?

Currently got... (F = FREE)

GAMES:

Asphalt4 - Incredible

Marbe Maze Ultra - Bit boring tbh

Shake and Spell - Boggle. (Love it!)

PRODUCTIVITY/SILLY:

Pocket Guitar - Solid to play but feature packed

Pocket Piano - Great fun but should be free

Easy Tune - Guitar tuner...must have if you play!

F Last.fm - Again amazing but trouble syncing with last.fm user account :(

F Google Earth - Astounding showcase app. (must have imo)

F Around Me - Really good app which shows (amazingly!) what's around you

Night Stand - Great digital clock

F Now Playing - What's on at your local cinema as well as upcoming releases/reviews upcoming DVD's/Blurays/trailers for all (brilliant app)

F Web Msngr - MSN. Solid app.

iXpenseit - Good for budgeting.

F Sketches - Good for drawing on if board or want to play pictionary/hangman

F Drinks Free - Drinks Encyclopedia (huge database) from cocktails to types of tea!

F iPint - silly beer mock

F iTalk - recorder. Ace for recording.

Missing anything incredible? What's your apps like fellow iPhone/Touch users?

Edited by tapedeck

iBorat, essential for playing Jagshemash! down the headset on Xbox Live or PSN.

Rolando is a must-have game. There's a free demo of it too, if you want to try it out. Flixter is a cool free film app that says what's on in cinemas and when, and Ocarina is a fun music app for 59p. Another game that I've spent hours on is Line Rider - very addictive.

I have To Do's which is a simple to do list, which shows a number on the home screen of any outstanding. Amazes me this isn't part of the phone...

Also have TV Plus which is brilliant if you have Sky+ cos you can remote record through it.

Other than that the main ones I have are:

Momo, a journal/memo app, Skype (only phone people on wifi though), Flixter, eBay, Shazam (the one from the iPhone ad), Traffic UK (great for knowing which motorways are rammed!), Colorsplash (which does cool effects where you can grey out a photo and then just leave colour on one item for instance), and Superball 3 (which is one of my favourite time wasters on the phone, also just got updated to version 3).

I have Stanza, a fantastic app that lets you download eBooks very simply and read them on your iPod or iPhone. It's great for my uni course - I was surprised there were so many books available online! I also have pretty standard ones like the Google app and the wikipanion, which is pretty useful. My other good ones are Enigmo (the water droplets one that featured in an early ad I think - it's great, I've had it for months and still not completed it!), Tap Tap revenge 2 (like guitar hero... but on the iPod/Phone), and now playing, which has been mentioned.

Just downloaded Scramble Live - an excellent, free game, like Boggle, which has got me well and truly addicted. Good online mode, and great for passing the time (or wasting it!).

I had a weird moment where I freaked myself out with Google Earth and just how incredible it is. I mean sure, I used Google Earth when it had just appeared on the Internet, years ago, but something about leaning over the edge of my bed at 3am, zooming in and out with a pinch gesture on a tiny flat iPod until I could see my car parked outside from space... it was a bit surreal.