NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

ac2_teaser.jpg

Assassin's Creed 2 Teased, Revealed Next Week

The official Assassin's Creed web site gives us a brief taste of the second entry in the series and clues us in on when we can expect concrete details on Assassin's Creed 2—next Thursday.

The teaser consists of little more than a short Flash animation, rendered in a hand drawn style noticeably similar to that of Leonardo da Vinci's inventions—focusing on the concealed blade Altair used in the original—and his Vitruvian Man. The final drawing hints at some sort of winged contraption that may indicate we'll be doing some flying (or at least some floating/humming of the Batman theme song) in the sequel.

The teaser also notes that we'll see more in the upcoming issue of Game Informer, with the date April 16, 2009 presumably indicating when the games mag is allowed to lift the veil on Ubisoft's sequel.

Given the Italian pedigree of the teaser, we'd think those rumored details of Assassin's Creed 2 taking place in Venice are sounding more and more likely. We're sure to know by next Thursday. Keep an eye peeled!

http://kotaku.com/5200672/assassins-creed-2-teased-revealed-next-week

I can't wait. I loved the first one to death, even with the stupid repetitive side missions.

Edit: Official teaser site, http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/teaser/

Edited by Daft

Still finishing the first one (way better then I was let on) but I read some rumours about this one happening in renaissance Venice and this hints at that.

But still need to finish the first one to get more hyped for this :D

I really loved the setting of the first one. They really nailed the atmosphere. I know a few people didn't like the fighting but I just loved it, brutal and cinematic. I'd be surprised if they didn't make the missions less repetitive and fill the world a bit more with things to do so I'm cautiously very excited about this.

The first one was enjoyable to start with. It's just a shame that everything (fighting, graphics, levels, missions, etc) was so repetitive.

Why have they bastardised the vitruvian man on the teaser site? He has no crotch! Is the U.S.A really that uncomfortable with the human form?

But apart from that, I'm so excited for this game. I just loved running around the cities in the first one.

I also really liked the first one, and didn't find it that repetitive. Maybe because I played the PC version, I heard it has more variety in the missions. I loved the 3 cities and just jumping around killing anyone, but I felt they didn't told the story the right way and the last boss made it less believable.

Lets see how they fare with this one.

The first one was great, like most I found it a bit reptitive, but really fun.

ARGH...I hate this trend for announcing an announcement, except here we have a teaser for an announcement next week GRRR...

I loved the first game, just the problem was it got so repetitive and I did get bored before the end unfortunately...I loved the idea though, the plot, the setting, the graphics, the mission structures were even good just they needed to come up with umpteen more ideas rather than the few they had....

yeah the first game had some really nice touches but was let down by the repetitive parts.

I had so much fun exploring :)

got high hopes for the sequel

I was extremely let down by the first, didn't even finish it. However, it's fixable, and this is afterall the guys who made the exceptional Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory, so i'll be watching this with interest.

I also really liked the first one, and didn't find it that repetitive.

Must be a completely different game.

As has already been said: it was a flawed gem of a game. If the graphics weren't so incredible, i'm sure i'd have given up long before the climax of the game however.

If the graphics weren't so incredible, i'm sure i'd have given up long before the climax of the game however.

You must have been playing a different game.

The graphics are amazing. They're still some of the best around.

I thought it was repetitive but I didn't find it overly so but I'm pretty sure that's because I played it over the space of over a month, and didn't rush through it.

The first AC had some astounding graphics and great music. Plus they did totally nail the atmosphere, but it was completely ruined by the same sub quests over and over again. Solve those problems and i'll buy this game.

Hopefully this will be the game I wanted the original to be. I really liked the engine and mechanics of the first game, so with any luck this sequel will build on top of those with more varied content, a greater scope for different approaches to assassinations and generally feel less rushed.

Why have they bastardised the vitruvian man on the teaser site? He has no crotch! Is the U.S.A really that uncomfortable with the human form?

It's made by Ubisoft, meaning, not USA. IRRC ubi is mainly based in Canada and France.

I quite loved the first game, I played and beat it in probably what was 2 weeks (Don't fully remember). Then I started playing it again, the repetition never got to me. I can see where it's repetitive, but I just couldn't be bothered by it. I loved every bit of the game, goty 07.

a greater scope for different approaches to assassinations

Yeah, and intel that actually helped would be nice.

I quite loved the first game, I played and beat it in probably what was 2 weeks (Don't fully remember). Then I started playing it again, the repetition never got to me. I can see where it's repetitive, but I just couldn't be bothered by it. I loved every bit of the game, goty 07.

Totally!! For me too.

It's made by Ubisoft, meaning, not USA. IRRC ubi is mainly based in Canada and France.

Yeah but that teaser site is aimed at the US, or so the url suggests. Then again I didn't bother checking if there were localised teaser sites so I'll shut up now. :heh:

i enjoyed assassins at first, but i never finnished it due to it glitching right near the end and being rendered totaly unplayable.

it did suffer repetition, the missions were pretty good the first few times you did them, but there were to few varients for my liking.

same problem with combat, it looked amazine, but after a few fights it just decended into a sort of quick time event, wait for the opertunity to counter. do that until the world is at your feet.

my main problem with the game was it seemed more focused on looking good then anything.

for AC2, id like the game to be more like hitman, make deaths more elaberate, give more choice in how to do things, a wider, more specific rage of weapons. the freedom to climb the cities was great in the first, and the open world did have its advantages, though ultimatly, i think that was one of the things that made the game suffer, its difficult to make big set peices in a free roaming world. id be tempted to surgest a level format, maybe have missions confied to small areas of the over world, specificaly designed with that kill in mind.

For me it would be great if they made the target searching more organic instead of pointing it out in a map. Only give a hint after some time or through an option in the menu.

I hope there is a LOT more variety in this game. The first game had a good idea, but the whole mission structure was just so messed up. Once you'd killed one guy, you'd seen the whole game. It was pointless having to do the same 6 things over and over and over again to get to your next target.

Looked good, great animations, but as a game fell flat on its face with the good damn awful structure. Bring on adventurous ideas in this one.

I really quite enjoyed the first AC, sure it was repetitive but I never found myself getting bored. I enjoyed the freedom, the climbing stuff was great: searching for the route up to somewhere was great. And I think it will be one of those games were the sequel can do nothing but improve: more types of missions, more climbing, and a hopefully better story.

i loved the game, it did get a bit repetitive but i finished it. Can't wait for this one!

i very much enjoyed the first one.. sneakink up on your victim and using the hidden blad.. and later trying the same but ending up hunting your victim all over the place and having to fight hordes of guards.. and then RUN AWAY!!! across the roof tops..

Enjoyed the last one. Was fun. Couldnt be bothered ot do the extras though besides the main missions. Hope they work on that.