NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed 2

Agreed

I do prefer the Forli DLC. It seems there is more to actually do with this DLC than the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC, which took me about an hour to complete.

Ok so MAJOR BUMPAGE!

BUT!

You can this for just £9.99 from game.co.uk preowned! BARGAIN!

I had to buy it and had £2.50 on my reward card so got it for just £7.49. I never finished the original but everyone says this is a ton better.

At that price, you can't go wrong.

I'd say 2 was overall better than the first game, but both games did different things correct. I liked the graphic style of the first game a little better for instance, especially outside the cities. In the second one, getting new weapons wasn't as fun because you could buy new weapons all the time. The first one however was way more repetitive, and a lot more things felt like a chore. In the second one, the chores were optional, which actually made them a little bit more fun to do.

I got the Complete Edition from zavvi for £17.95 new in the mega monday sale. Great deal.

damn bank blocked my credit card because of too much activity over the weekend! idiots...gonna have to wait till tomorrow now hope its still the same price.

I got this from game while it was cheap. Really enjoyed the first one when I borrowed it from a friend so didn't mind splashing out a bit on this. Really enjoying it so far, don't know how far though I am but I'm currently in tuscany again, killing a bunch of peeps. Loving the new things, they really add something to the game as a whole and make it refreshing and different enough from the last one. The money system is really good and although I usually have loads I like that there's the villa to spend it on, and that you have to balance things. Also liking the upgrades and choice of weapons too. Basically I'm just enjoying the game as a whole!

Agreed

I do prefer the Forli DLC. It seems there is more to actually do with this DLC than the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC, which took me about an hour to complete.

I've got this on the PC and the DLC comes integrated in within the main game. But see that ferkin Bonfire level. I just gave up and not returned to the game yet - I keep getting killed time and time again. There are not enough fires to keep me in the air, lol.

I really ought to go back to it though.

Should I finish the first before I play this or just watch a youtube plot recap thingy?

Finish the first.... everything important happens in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Just about to start the level in the flying machine after setting up the fires. I'm enjoying venice at the moment, although I do just want to be able to access the whole city because there are only about two glyphs for me to find and it's frustrating not being able to get them. I also want the pistol, it sucks that you get it so late in the game.

Yeah, it gives a preview of the second title. Which is more enjoyable than the first by a long-shot.

Finish the first.... everything important happens in the last 2 minutes of the game.

so I could just watch it lol...although that is cheating mayhaps I will pick up the original off my shelves again!

Just finished this. Excellent, really really enjoyed the game. The second game that I've actually bothered to get 1000G on, it was that fun. Sure it may have gotten a little repetitive but I think the game is/was different enough from the first that things were still fun, plus the many 'side missions' (villa improvements, finding the million collectable items, weapon upgrades, the excellent Prince-of-Persia-like parts to get the Assassin's Seals... etc) really added a new side to this game over the first.

I'm very much looking forward to the 3rd now.

Just a quick heads up - you can currently get Assassins Creed 2 GOTY edition for £9.99 for 360 and PS3 at HMV.com.

Assassins Creed II: Game Of The Year Edition Includes:

Assassin's Creed 2 full game

Both DLC packs: Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities

3 Templar Secret Locations (Palazzo Medici + Santa Maria dei Frari + Arsenal Shipyard), previously only available in the Assassin's Creed 2 Black Edition

All extra features are contained on the remastered game disc - there is no need to download any content to play

360 here

PS3 here

At that price how could I refuse!

Edited by Cookyman

I love Assassin's Creed, so much so that I'm currently playing through ACII again on the 360 having already 100% the game on PS3. Can't wait for Brotherhood.

You're getting a lot of game for your money there Cooky.

At any mildly reasonable price for anything marginally reasonable, how COULD you refuse?!

At any mildly reasonable price for anything marginally reasonable, how COULD you refuse?!

Could be worse - could have bought Tekken! :laughing:

Could be worse - could have bought Tekken! :laughing:

Just so you know, that got a small but very real lol from me.

Just a quick heads up - you can currently get Assassins Creed 2 GOTY edition for £9.99 for 360 and PS3 at HMV.com.

Assassins Creed II: Game Of The Year Edition Includes:

Assassin's Creed 2 full game

Both DLC packs: Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities

3 Templar Secret Locations (Palazzo Medici + Santa Maria dei Frari + Arsenal Shipyard), previously only available in the Assassin's Creed 2 Black Edition

All extra features are contained on the remastered game disc - there is no need to download any content to play

360 here

PS3 here

DAMMIT! Just over a month ago I bought the standard edition for £7.50 GRRR!

Don't worry, it's back up to £17.99 now so you can feel a little better. And what will make you feel even better is that I bought the standard edition for £9.99 so I've made even more of a fail.

Don't worry, it's back up to £17.99 now so you can feel a little better. And what will make you feel even better is that I bought the standard edition for £9.99 so I've made even more of a fail.

thanks I feel great now!!! :bouncy: