NEurope
jayseven

The Escapist: Unskippable

... Sounds like an awesome title for a novel about a magician's childhood trauma, but Unskippable is actually what you get when you combine video game intros with Mystery Science Theatre 3000, and a bit of Pratchett humour, and left to run around in Zero Punctuation's shadow.

Check out the Resident Evil 5 one they did a few weeks ago for a taster.

They've done Dead Rising, The Darkness, and most recently, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which apparantly is... featured in this week's ZP on Halo Wars, so I guess some of you may already have had a look around.

I've only looked at the episodes based on games I know, but next I'm watching the others because the humour carries the show past the referencing job alone. It is updated every monday on The Escapist and, I think I'd make an excellent promoter.

Anyone here been watching it?

I saw the one they did for Eternal Sonata and it was simply appauling. As a result I havn't checked out any of the others.

Got linked to it when they put the Eternal Sonata one up (which I think was the first) and I think their great.

The Eternal Sonata bit is the best one by far.

haha - I just watched the Ominusha 3 one... I know nothing about the game, and I think that makes it way funnier. Jean Reno ffss!sfs!!

Just watched Resi 5, and currently on Dead Rising, kind of tolerable and occasional snigger, but much funnier stuff is out there. I like it for the ones I know, though!

I didn't laugh in the resi one until "that guy with the giant arms smells terrible", and even then I just couldn't stick through it to the end v_v

I watched the Dead Rising one a while ago, seemed ok but never really inspired me to watch any of the others

Me and Ine both developed AIDS after watching that RE5 video.

It was pretty awful.

The only thing good about the Escapist is Zero Punctuation. Unskippable sucks. It's just two nerds trying to crack a joke every few seconds, mostly unfunny ones.

The only thing good about the Escapist is Zero Punctuation. Unskippable sucks. It's just two nerds trying to crack a joke every few seconds, mostly unfunny ones.

More fun may be had watching Eastenders on mute and adding your own commentary.

I... feel tarnished :'( I personally love this kind of observation humour. I've watched 'em all now - The Darkness and Dirge of Cerebus provide the most recurring jokes. I would sway the Eternal Sonata one was seriously the worst one. Are you guys not fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000? I grew up with that show... Oh well :P I can pretend I'm cool by being the only person that likes something, and I'll just pretend that none of you 'get' it.

I love MST3K, the difference is that those were funny and made you want to watch more

I... feel tarnished :'( I personally love this kind of observation humour. I've watched 'em all now - The Darkness and Dirge of Cerebus provide the most recurring jokes. I would sway the Eternal Sonata one was seriously the worst one. Are you guys not fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000? I grew up with that show... Oh well :P I can pretend I'm cool by being the only person that likes something, and I'll just pretend that none of you 'get' it.

I´ll just be invisible here in the corner then.

After the comments here I´m starting to feel dirty for liking them.

Haha :P Sorry, mundi! We shall share the crown. I just hope people aren't expecting this to actually be at all like ZP.

I remember Mystery Science Theatre 3000, the movie also. As Happenstance said, that was actually funny though.

Me and Ine both developed AIDS after watching that RE5 video.

Racist.

I watched the RE5 one and there was one or two lines that were actually funny. By and large it was a good demonstration of the fact that very few people can do improvisational humour. I quite like the idea behind the videos, but unless they take a more scripted approach — or even do crazy re-dubbing akin to those GI Joe PSAs of yore — I can't say I've any desire to watch another one.

The only thing good about the Escapist is Zero Punctuation.

I only ever search for Zero Punc by name, who cares about the rest of the site

Racist.

I watched the RE5 one and there was one or two lines that were actually funny. By and large it was a good demonstration of the fact that very few people can do improvisational humour. I quite like the idea behind the videos, but unless they take a more scripted approach — or even do crazy re-dubbing akin to those GI Joe PSAs of yore — I can't say I've any desire to watch another one.

There's no evidence to say they didn't watch this a dozen times to formulate those lines.

[Albeit nothing to the contrary either.]