NEurope

Personally, I prefer to play Ages before Seasons.

Ages may be trickier, but...

The true final boss is WAY easier to beat with Season's Roc's Cape and Hyper Slingshot. Roc's Feather and Seed Shooter are basically crappy versions of the two.

Ah, that's interesting. I'm so unobservant I didn't notice the difference in items. Personally, I played Ages first, then Seasons. I found Ages far more complicated to move around in, and Seasons far more enjoyable.

Playing them as a linked game is very complicated and takes all your attention whilst you're doing it.

I decided to go with Links Awakening as my next game. I've only played through this twice, once being the original and the other the DX version. This being the case I remember very little about it.

I will always remember my first play through of this game. We went on holiday to Blackpool and I took my GameBoy with me. I also packed a bunch of school books to revise from as it was nearing my exams. I don't think they ever got unpacked as I was too busy playing Zelda. :)

I'm only up to the 3rd dungeon, ( nearing it as i'm looking for 5 golden leaves at the moment ) but it's been an enjoyable experience so far. Little snippets of the game keep coming back to me as I play it though, like the trading game sequence and walking the chain chomp. :D

Marin singing dat Ballad of the Wind Fish though..:bowdown: I could listen to that all day.

Finished Lufia: The Legend Returns yesterday.

Here's a couple of miiverse posts.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

No, I haven't hacked the game or anything, that's one of the actual party members you can get. With stats like that, he never died (Except for the odd, unlucky instant death move).

It might possibly be the most broken character in an RPG ever.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Overall, I'd say it's worth the money if you're into Roguelike dungeons but want a more traditional turn-based battle system.

It was surprisingly hard though, I give it that.

I decided to go with Links Awakening as my next game. I've only played through this twice, once being the original and the other the DX version. This being the case I remember very little about it.

I will always remember my first play through of this game. We went on holiday to Blackpool and I took my GameBoy with me. I also packed a bunch of school books to revise from as it was nearing my exams. I don't think they ever got unpacked as I was too busy playing Zelda. :)

I'm only up to the 3rd dungeon, ( nearing it as i'm looking for 5 golden leaves at the moment ) but it's been an enjoyable experience so far. Little snippets of the game keep coming back to me as I play it though, like the trading game sequence and walking the chain chomp. :D

Marin singing dat Ballad of the Wind Fish though..:bowdown: I could listen to that all day.

Best game on the Gameboy by a mile. One of my favourite memories from my teenage gaming years. I think it and ALTTP are the only Zelda games I've replayed several times.

You must remember the trick for robbing the shop and getting zapped the next time you entered?

You must remember the trick for robbing the shop and getting zapped the next time you entered?

I'll always remember that! I'm sure I first seen that trick on an episode of Gamesmaster.

So, I woke up early today and couldn't get back to sleep. i figured I would crack on with the game and get an hour or so in before heading off to work. I finished the 3rd temple yesterday and was about to enter the 4th. I fired my 3DS up but instead of quick loading the data I accidentally saved over it with a new save state.

tumblr_lw0h1up9hB1r4wbxyo1_400.jpg

I just shrugged my shoulders and started from scratch. After an hour I was once again back to where I left off the previous night. Amazing how fast you can play through a game if it's still fresh in your mind. :D

This Thursday I'll be picking up 3D After Burner II, here's what else is on offer 15-January;

3DS eShop

3D After Burner II (Sega, €4.99 / £4.49)

Monster Combine TD (Collavier Corporation, €3.99 / £3.19)

3DS Retail Download

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge (Activision, €39.99 / £29.99)

The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision, €39.99 / £29.99)

Angry Birds Star Wars (Activision, €39.99 / £29.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW (Bandai Namco, €9.89 / £6.49 until 5th February, regular price €29.99 / £19.49)

Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (Bandai Namco, €4.99 / £3.69 until 5th February, regular price €19.99 / £14.99)

One Piece Romance Dawn (Bandai Namco, €19.99 / £18.99 until 5th February, regular price €29.99 / £28.49)

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco, €24.49 / £17.49 until 5th February, regular price €34.99 / £24.99)

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £8.20 until 5th February, regular price €34.99 / £28.49)

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Bandai Namco, €29.99 / £21.49 until 5th February, regular price €34.99 / £24.99)

Project X Zone (Bandai Namco, €14.99 / £9.99 until 5th February, regular price €29.99 / £19.99)

Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles! (EnjoyUp Games, €1.99 / £1.79 until 15th February, regular price €3.99 / £3.59)

Dress to Play: Cute Witches! (EnjoyUp Games, €1.99 / £1.79 until 15th February, regular price €3.99 / £3.59)

3DS HOME Themes

Mario Characters (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)

Mario Items (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)

This weeks 3DS eShop releases and special offers commencing 22 January.

3DS

Citizens of Earth – €9.59/£7.99 (Until January 29, regular price €11.99/£9.99. €7.19/£5.99 if you own the Wii U version)

Big Hero 6: Battle In the Bay – €34.99/£29.99

Hazumi – €3.99/£3.20

3DS Themes

NES Ice Climbers (available January 23) – €1.99/£1.79

NES Pit (available January 23) – €1.99/£1.79

NES Donkey Kong (available January 23) – €1.99/£1.79

3DS Special Offers

VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100- €0.99 /£0.99 (Ends February 4)

Shin Megami Tensei IV – €12.99/£11.69 (Ends January 29)

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars – €14.99/£13.49 (Ends January 29)

Meanwhile, Japan and the U.S. get Kirby & The Rainbow Curse/Paintbrush... :indeed:

Haha. Good point! We really do get screwed over when it comes to Kirby, don't we?

Haha. Good point! We really do get screwed over when it comes to Kirby, don't we?

The only times where we haven't been screwed over are with the releases of Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Adventure Wii (outside of the horrible name change at least!) and Kirby: Triple Deluxe.

Every single other Kirby game has always seen huge delays in Europe for no good reason or, in the case of Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby: Dream Collection, not released in Europe originally at all. NOE generally really seem to hate him!

Are they the same bits in Kirby 3DS or fleshed out versions of those mini games?

Fleshed out, how far fleshed out though I can't say, but definitely more extensive than the limited mini-games in the original.

Are they the same bits in Kirby 3DS or fleshed out versions of those mini games?

Found this quote from Nintendo themselves

In Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe, players move Dedede across the stage, bouncing to the beat in seven new stages exclusive to this downloadable version. In Kirby Fighters Deluxe, players use different copy abilities to defeat all of the arena opponents. This version includes five new stages and a new team battle feature. Players who already own Kirby: Triple Deluxe with StreetPass data will get bonus content in both downloadable games.

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Gunman Clive 2 (Horberg Productions) - €2.99/£2.50

Gunman Clive returns in an all new adventure. Now in colour! After rescuing Ms Johnson, Gunman Clive returns to again find the town under attack by bandits. To stop them once and for all he must chase after their leader; an adventure that takes him all the way around the world, facing bigger and deadlier enemies than ever before. Gunman Clive 2 retains the same classic gameplay formula, but dials the action up a notch further, with improved and more colourful graphics, more dynamic levels and richer, more diverse environments, bigger bosses and tons of new enemies.

Best of Board Games (Bigben Interactive) - €24.99/£19.99

Chess, Mah-jong, Solitaire: rediscover 3 timeless classics in this scintillating compilation! Whether you're a beginner or a professional, you'll enjoy these classics, not only with their traditional rules but also with brand new game modes. Check the game rules at any time and test your abilities in Adventure Mode.

Best of Arcade Games (Bigben Interactive) - €24.99/£19.99

Rediscover 4 timeless classics in this scintillating compilation! Whether you're a beginner or a professional, you'll enjoy these classics, not only with their traditional rules but also with brand new game modes. Check the game rules at any time and test your abilities in Adventure Mode with lots of challenges to take up!

NES Sword-swinging Link (Theme, available January 30) - €1.99/£1.79

This retro theme features classic SFX, brown folders, and green icons. Scroll the Touch Screen to see Link fire a sword beam.

NES Samus Aran (Theme, available January 30) - €1.99/£1.79

This theme features classic SFX, blue icons, and folders with missiles. Scroll the Touch Screen to see 8-bit Samus run and fire.

NES Balloon Fighter (Theme, available January 30) - €1.99/£1.79

This retro theme features classic SFX and patterned icons and folders. Scroll the Touch Screen to animate the balloon fighter.

NES Fire Mario (Theme, available January 30) - €1.99/£1.79

This retro theme features classic SFX, brick folders, and blue icons. Scroll the Touch Screen to see Mario throw fireballs.

Crap week... except for Gunman Clive 2, which should be on everyone's shopping list! :D

Plus the Sword swinging Link and Samus Aran NES 3DS Home Themes were a mistake by Nintendo and won't be arriving this Friday, the other 2 will however. The former 2 will arrive at a later date, probably next week.

This weeks eShop downloads, themes and special offers.

3DS

Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – €16.99/£15.99 (€8.49/£7.99 if you buy the Wii U version with the same NNID)

Best of Board Games – Mahjong – €9.99/£8.99

Best of Arcade Games – Brick Breaker – €9.99/£8.99

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demo – Free

3DS Themes

NES Sword-swinging Link (from February 6) – €1.99/£1.79

NES Samus Aran (from February 6) – €1.99/£1.79

3DS Special Offers

Football Up Online – €2.99/£2.69 (Ends February 26)

Darts Up 3D – €0.99/£0.89 (Ends February 26)

Football Up 3D – €1.99/£1.57 (Ends February 26)

Out of interest, does anyone know how many blocks Shantae & the Pirate's Curse takes up?

EDIT - Seems like it's 2,315

Edited by Grazza

A lot more happening on the 3DS eShop than on the Wii U. Here's this weeks downloads.

3DS

• IRONFALL Invasion (Free)
  • IRONFALL Invasion: Campaign and Multiplayer €19.98 / £17.98
  • IRONFALL Invasion: Campaign €9.99 / £8.99
  • IRONFALL Invasion: Multiplayer €9.99 / £8.99
  • The Legend of Zelda™: Majora's Mask 3D €44.99 / £39.99 Free download code for the Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Dire Moon" included with every purchase of The Legend of Zelda™: Majora's Mask 3D from Nintendo eShop.
  • Monster Hunter™ 4 Ultimate €44.99 / £39.99 Free download code for the exclusive Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Gore Magala & Seregios" included with every purchase of Monster Hunter™ 4 Ultimate from Nintendo eShop.
  • Nintendo Anime Channel
  • Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe €6.99 / £6.29
  • Kirby Fighters™ Deluxe €6.99 / £6.29
  • ACE COMBAT™ ASSAULT HORIZON LEGACY + €39.99 / £29.99
  • Undead Storm Nightmare €4.99 / £3.49
  • Undead Storm Nightmare Demo
  • Best of Arcade Games - Air Hockey €9.99 / £8.99
  • Space Lift Danger Panic! €2.49 / £1.99
  • Best of Board Games - Chess €9.99 / £8.99
  • 3D Fantasy Zone €4.99 / £3.49

3DS Themes

• Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy +: ACES €0.99 / £0.79 / CHF1.20
  • Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy +: ADF-01 €0.99 / £0.79 / CHF1.20
  • Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy +: PHOENIX €0.99 / £0.79 / CHF1.20
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter's Seal €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Palicoes 4 Ever €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80
  • Basic Colour Set (Nintendo) Free
  • Simple Colour Set (Nintendo) Free
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Dire Moon (Nintendo) €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Gold Edition (Nintendo) €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80

Price Reductions

3DS

• Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Ent.) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 26.02.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Ent.) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 26.02.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Already posted a few minutes beforehand on the last page.

Sorry Wii, tried to delete, but it just remains, stuck I tell you?!?

Sorry Wii, tried to delete, but it just remains, stuck I tell you?!?

I remember I struggled with deleting posts when I first tried the option. First you click on edit, then "delete", highlight "delete message" from deletion options and then finally click "delete this message". I do have to use it a bit when beaten to the punch on some stories. :)

Flipnote Studio 3D is now finally available on the NA club nintendo. Let's hope Europe follows soon!

All online features seem to have been removed. But it is still possible to export movies to the SD card and share flipnotes over local connection.