NEurope

Was Ghibli Studios or someone from Ghibili involved with Attack of the Friday Monsters? Got a massive GS vibe from the game, especially from that opening.

Edited by Ike
darn tablets

Was Ghibli Studios or someone from Ghibili involved with Attack of the Friday Monsters? Got a massive GS vibe from the game, especially from that opening.

The director (Kaz Ayabe) isn't related to anyone from Ghibli AFAIK, but he and his team at Millenium Kitchen have worked on a similar series of games called My Summer Vacation for over a decade now. This one is a bit different though as it is based on an old fairy tale about monsters coming out on a friday and is designed to be nostalgic about Godzilla style movies.

And yes, it does give me massive Ghibli vibes as well :)

Finished it last night after a bit of an abrupt ending. Seemed like was about to go somewhere but it didn't. Not sure what that cast a spell thing was about. :p I know there's a post game if it's worth playing?

It's a charming game though, very GS inspired. Reminded me of Another Code R for some reason.

Downloaded Murasame Castle earlier, looking forward to trying that.

eShop releases this week for the 3DS

3DS eShop

Color Zen (Cypronia, €2.99 / £2.99) — After a fairly impressive showing on the Wii U eShop, this soothing and aesthetically pleasing puzzle title makes its way to the portable. It's a formula that we enjoyed after a long day at work in our Wii U eShop Color Zen review, and we'll see how well it stands up on 3DS.

3DS Virtual Console

Super Dodge Ball (Aksys Systems, €3.99 / £3.59) — A quirky spin-off from the River City Ransom world, this is a bizarre and violent take on the sport best known in schools and for a peculiar comedy movie. You run, you jump, you dodge,but it's actually a surprising amount of fun — check out our Wii U Virtual Console Super Dodge Ball review for the lowdown.

3DS Retail Download

Tomodachi Life (Nintendo, €39.99 / £34.99) — Available from 6th June. This is sometimes, somewhat inaccurately, compared to Nintendo's 3DS blockbuster of summer 2013, Animal Crossing: New Leaf; yet in reality it is rather different. This Mii-sim is a particularly quirky experience, as you prompt and observe all-manner of peculiar scenarios and games unfold, and is ideally suited to short bursts of play. It's certainly unique, and we'll bring you our review soon.

Farming Simulator 14 (Focus Home Interactive, €34.99 / £29.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discount

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £8.29 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £28.49)

Ben 10: Omniverse 2 (Bandai Namco, €14.99 / £12.19 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £28.49)

Madagascar 3 & The Croods: COMBO PACK (Bandai Namco, €14.99 / £12.19 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £28.49)

One Piece Romance Dawn (Bandai Namco, €14.99 / £12.19 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £28.49)

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Bandai Namco, €17.49 / £14.19 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £28.49)

Power Rangers Megaforce (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £8.29 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £28.49)

Project X Zone (Bandai Namco, €17.49 / £13.99 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £27.99)

Regular Show: Mordecai & Rigby in 8-Bit Land (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £8.29 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £28.49)

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £8.29 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £28.49)

The Croods: Prehistoric Party (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £8.29 until 29th June, normally €34.99 / £28.49)

Hometown Story (Rising Star Games, €19.99 / £19.99 until 12th June, normally €29.99 / £29.99)

Monster Shooter (Gamelion, €2.10 / £1.99 until 3rd July, normally €4.00 / £3.20)

Wakeda (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.79 until 26th June, normally €2.99 / £2.50)

Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.79 until 26th June, normally €4.00 / £3.60)

World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £3.59 until 26th June, normally €4.99 / £4.49)

DSiWare

Jewel Match (Joindots, 500 Nintendo Points) — It's Match 3! On DSiWare! We're not sure of much else to say, aside from the fact that it suffers from painful mediocrity; you can learn why in our Jewel Match review.

Yeah, nice sale. Even tempted to double dip on One Piece and Project X Zone. Heck even maybe Power Rangers. I know that will be terrible though. :p

Tomodachi is where it's at this week, however.

some nice discounts there, might get Regular show

Just looked it up and it's not meant to be anything special. Unless you know something different...?

Yeah, nice sale. Even tempted to double dip on One Piece and Project X Zone. Heck even maybe Power Rangers. I know that will be terrible though. :p

Tomodachi is where it's at this week, however.

Double dip on Project X Zone? So you think its good? Kat Bailey panned it but I'm willing to hear other views, matey! :hehe:

Double dip on Project X Zone? So you think its good? Kat Bailey panned it but I'm willing to hear other views, matey! :hehe:

I think there are two demos of it on the eShop, darksnowman. Personally, I couldn't get to grips with it at all, and my copy is still sealed. Shame, because I like the visual style.

As far as I'm concerned, Etrian Odyssey IV is easily the best RPG on 3DS. Easily!

some nice discounts there, might get Regular show

Based on their Adventure Time game I wouldn't recommend it.

I think I like the concept of it more. The gameplay is pretty repetitive and the game drags out too long but I might actually finish it if it's sitting on my 3DS all the time.

So Avoid Regular Show....i didn't like Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon because shameless tvshow game tie in

This week's 3DS eShop releases

Inazuma Eleven® GO: Light – €39.99/£34.99/CHF 51.90 (from June 13)

Inazuma Eleven® GO: Shadow - €39.99/£34.99/CHF 51.90 (from June 13)

Atlantic Quest – €6.99/£5.99/CHF 8.99

AiRace Xeno – €2.49/£2.29/CHF 3.50

3DS VC

Mach Rider (NES) – €3.99/£3.59/CHF 5.60

Special Offers

Nintendo Pocket Football Club – €11.99 / £10.79 / CHF 16.80 (until June 19)

Football Up 3D – €1.74 / £1.49 / CHF 1.99 (until July 17)

2 Fast 4 Gnomz – €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 (until July 3)

AiRace Speed – €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.19 (until July 3)

Bit Boy!! ARCADE – €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00 (until July 3)

Another week, Another World, another eShop full of games, 3DS styleee;

3DS eShop

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge, €7.99 / £7.19)

Color Zen Kids (Cypronia, €2.99 / £2.99)

BearShark (Barnstorm Games, €1.99 / £1.79) — Released in North America a little over a year ago, this is based on an animated series that was once on the little-used Nintendo Video service. It's an endless runner that should, in theory, have some zany humour to enjoy, though we found that it was bland and sub-par in every way.

3DS Retail Download

How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Little Orbit, €29.99 / £24.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB, €5.99 / £5.39 until 17th July, normally €7.99 / £7.19)

Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios, €3.99 / £3.59 until 3rd July, normally €7.99 / £7.19)

3DS eShop DLC

Mario Golf: World Tour: Star Pack (Nintendo, €5.99 / £5.39 or free if a season pass was previously purchased) — This includes Rosalina as a playable character and two new courses, Mario’s Star and Rock-Candy Mines.

Mario Golf: World Tour: Free-Trial Course Pack (Nintendo, Free)

Fractured Soul is meant to be good, isn't it?

Will someone take a punt on Another World and see if its a worthy anniversary edition. Thanks!

Fractured Soul is meant to be good, isn't it?

Personally, I found it too confusing having to switch between two screens - quite a shame, as everything else about it was fine. I think there's a demo on the eShop, darksnowman.

Will try to remember to give the Fractured Souls demo a go, @Grazza. I downloaded both Project X Zone demo's and have checked one of them out. I actually thought this was a DS game released on the 3DS eShop prior to booting it up and realising its in 3D. Gameplay was very confusing to be honest (who are those characters, how exactly do combo's work) but the game seems better than I thought it would be. The gimmick of trying to meld turn based tactics with Street Fighter is a decent enough idea but I think it needs a decent tutorial - something I always thought long outstayed its welcome in games like Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. :laughing: But I'm sure there's a lengthy intro period of missions in the full game. Perhaps being spoon fed tactical RPG systems is a good thing after all.

Will try to remember to give the Fractured Souls demo a go, @Grazza. I downloaded both Project X Zone demo's and have checked one of them out. I actually thought this was a DS game released on the 3DS eShop prior to booting it up and realising its in 3D.

Yeah, I can see how the map graphics could seem like a DS game. The battle graphics, however, are absolutely brilliant in my opinion. I'd love a game with those graphics that I could actually play. :heh:

Gameplay was very confusing to be honest (who are those characters, how exactly do combo's work) but the game seems better than I thought it would be. The gimmick of trying to meld turn based tactics with Street Fighter is a decent enough idea but I think it needs a decent tutorial - something I always thought long outstayed its welcome in games like Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. :laughing: But I'm sure there's a lengthy intro period of missions in the full game. Perhaps being spoon fed tactical RPG systems is a good thing after all.

Definitely.

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Namco Bandai Games, available June 27) - €34.99/£28.49

The Straw Hat Pirates befriend a mysterious raccoon named Pato who possesses a power to create anything drawn onto a leaf. In order to help their new friend, they agree to assist Pato on an mission "to meet someone;" Pato then leads the crew to the Forgotten Island where all the Straw Hat Pirates except Luffy are kidnapped by a wicked pirate named The Red Count, who had escaped from Impel Down two years ago. With Pato's help, Luffy must fight to recover his crew from the enemy's grasp and find out exactly what The Red Count's evil plots are...

Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! Demo (Nintendo) - Free

Everything's cute when it's titchy. Case in point - Chibi-Robo, a tiny robot tasked with filling an empty museum in Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS! The Curator dreams of immortalising real-world objects as NostalJunk to put on display, and it's your job as Chibi-Robo to help him fill his Exhibition rooms with your very own photographs! Using your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS cameras, line up in-game shapes with real-life objects, take a snap, then watch them be transformed into the coveted NostalJunk!

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (Konami) - €19.99/£17.99

You are Snake. You are on a top secret covert operation deep in the Russian jungle. Sneak behind your enemies! Dodge their bullets! Use close-quarters combat and fight back! Experience a vast jungle world that explodes to life with spectacular three-dimensional visuals. Hunt for food to survive, and use camouflage to hide from your enemies. Master Snake's actions using an immersive combination of classic controls and an innovative touch interface.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival (Konami) - €39.95/£34.99

Enter the World Duel Carnival and compete against 40 opponents from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal universe. Defeat them all to be crowned champion. Each playable character has their own unique deck allowing players to jump straight into the action while more experienced player can build their own from a pool of over 5500 cards. For new players there is an easy mode and tutorial to guide them through the basic rules and techniques.

Cocoro - Line Defender (Moving Player) - €3.99/£3.59

It's a parking game. Your goal is to get the ""Park Star"". Park the car as quickly as possible, while keeping any damage to your ride to a minimum. Visit the Tokyo Tower, the Louvre Museum in Paris, the Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai, and Tiananmen Square! In Parking Star, you can enjoy all these famous places around the world by driving. This is a casual game that simulates real parking. Use your accomplished driving skills to park at specific locations as fast as possible. With bonuses awarded for passing a level, you can upgrade your vehicle, or just buy a new car!

Toy Stunt Bike (Wobby Tooth) - €4.99/£4.49 (Also a demo available)

Toy Stunt Bike is a 3D, action-packed, micro-sized motorbike trials game. Race your toy bike across sixty levels in a variety of household locations. Leap over toasters, make massive jumps onto garden chairs, use laptops as ramps and perform crazy stunts.

Van Helsing Sniper AX100 (EnjoyUp Games) - €6.66/£6.66

If you like sniper arcade games and hunting vampires, there's nothing better than reincarnating as the best Vampire exterminator of all time: Van Helsing!!! Take aim in the most natural way there is with your Nintendo 3DS. With the motion sensor, turn your Nintendo 3DS into a mortal crossbow against the Vampires. If your hand trembles a bit, don't worry: the option of slowing down time will help you aim with greater precision during difficult moments, as well as finding hidden Vampires with a special filter. Search, aim and fire with resolve on all the blood-thirsty Vampires that are stalking humans in London, and face the terrifying Bosses.

Special offers

StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Squad (Nintendo) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 13, normally €4.99/£4.49)

StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Battle (Nintendo) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 13, normally €4.99/£4.49)

StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Garden (Nintendo) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 13, normally €4.99/£4.49)

StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Mansion (Nintendo) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 13, normally €4.99/£4.49)

StreetPass Mii Plaza: Combo-Pack (Nintendo) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends July 13, normally €14.99/£13.49)

Urban Trial Freestyle (Tate Multimedia) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends July 3, normally €4.99/£4.49)

Nintendo DSiWare

Anne's Doll Studio: Lolita Collection (Gamebridge) - €4.99/£4.49/500 Points

Welcome to the charming world of Anne's Doll Studio: Lolita Collection! Dress your doll from head to toe selecting from a wide range of pretty dresses, jackets, accessories, shoes, etc., full of frills and ribbons! In order to dress your doll, use your stylus to select your doll's hairstyle, hair accessory, dress and jewellery. Once you have completed styling your doll, you can now create a picture by choosing the wallpaper and frame for your lolita doll! Players can also choose to use the built-in camera of their Nintendo DSi or Nintendo 3DS system, to take a picture to use as their wallpaper instead. To further decorate your picture, you can add as many stamps as you like and even draw freehand! Lastly, you can share your completed doll picture by saving it on an SD Card (sold separately) and sharing it or using it on social networks, mailing it to friends and family as a card, or by simply printing it out.

Anne's Doll Studio: Princess Collection (Gamebridge) - €4.99/£4.49/500 Points

Welcome to the dazzling world of Anne's Doll Studio: Princess Collection! Dress your doll from head to toe, turning them into a stunning princess, selecting from a wide range of gorgeous princess-themed dresses, accessories, shoes, etc.! In order to dress your doll, use the stylus to select your doll's hairstyle, hair accessory, dress and jewellery. Once you have completed styling your doll, you can now create a picture by choosing the wallpaper and frame for your princess! Players can also choose to use the built-in camera of their Nintendo DSi or Nintendo 3DS system, to take a picture to use as their wallpaper instead. To further decorate your picture, you can add as many stamps as you like and even draw freehand! Lastly, you can share your completed doll picture by saving it on an SD Card (sold separately) and sharing it or using it on social networks, mailing it to friends and family as a card, or by simply printing it out.

Anne's Doll Studio: Antique Collection (Gamebridge) - €4.99/£4.49/500 Points

Welcome to the elegant world of Anne's Doll Studio: Antique Collection! Dress your doll from head to toe selecting from a wide range of beautifully laced and pleated dresses, accessories, shoes, etc.! In order to dress your doll, use your stylus to select your doll's hairstyle, hair accessory, dress and jewellery. Once you have completed styling your antique doll, you can now create a picture by choosing the wallpaper and frame for your antique doll! Players can also choose to use the built-in camera of their Nintendo DSi or Nintendo 3DS system, to take a picture to use as their wallpaper instead. To further decorate your picture, you can add as many stamps as you like and even draw freehand! Lastly, you can share your completed doll picture by saving it on an SD Card (sold separately) and sharing it or using it on social networks, mailing it to friends and family as a card, or by simply printing it out.

Unexpected Chibi Robo demo! Also buy the Street Pass games if you haven't already - they're pretty fun. Unless you don't get many Street Passes. :(

Unexpected Chibi Robo demo! Also buy the Street Pass games if you haven't already - they're pretty fun. Unless you don't get many Street Passes. :(

Agreed about the Street Pass games, they are fun daily diversions if you get a regular stream of passes, or spend play coins.

Paging @RedShell... Hope you're ready to KORG some more!

Korg & Detune just announced a new synthesizer for 3DS. The special feature is a 3D oscilloscope on the top screen.

http://www.detune.co.jp/korg_dsn12.html

KORG_DSN-12_w_3DS_1.png

KORG DSN-12 Main Specifications

Product Name:KORG DSN-12

Product Summary:The analogue synthesizer software for Nintendo 3DS Downloads (only available on Nintendo eShop)

- Contains 12 virtual analog monophonic synthesizers

- Up to 64 sequence steps

- Freely place sequences in up to 64 patterns

- Pattern Program mode lets you chain patterns in up to 99 scenes; muting can also be programmed for each track

- Three effects are provided; choose from delay, chorus, flanger, compressor, kick, and reverb

- Local communication allows users to exchange song data and sound data

- The world's first* 3D display oscilloscope screen; Wave and Lissajous modes are provided (* For Nintendo 3D software as of September 2014)

Release date: September 2014 - Americas and Europe

Price: TBD

:D

This just enforces even more that I want to go into K0RG and I want to go in deeeep!

This weeks 3DS eShop releases; 03/07/2014

3DS eShop

Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! (Nintendo, €12.99 / £11.69) - Also known as Chibi-Robo! Photo Finder in the US. The Curator dreams of immortalising real-world objects as NostalJunk to put on display, and it’s your job as Chibi-Robo to help him fill his Exhibition rooms with your very own photographs! Using your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS cameras, line up in-game shapes with real-life objects, take a snap, then watch them be transformed into the coveted NostalJunk! Explore the human world as the helpful robot hero and see things from a new – and Chibi – perspective, as you meet a cast of colourful and hilarious characters, including a sushi-slinging squid, a high-flying super hero, and an eccentric pair of chefs. Solve their problems and clean up the world to earn Happy points to buy Silhouette films for your camera. The more happiness you spread, the faster you can realise The Curator’s dream of having as many NostalJunk aficionados admire his exhibits as possible.

Quell Reflect (CIRCLE Ent., €3.99 / £3.49) - Quell Reflect is an enchanting game of logic, which has taken the puzzle world by storm. Put your brain to the test with this charming puzzle game that features over 100 levels of addictive, lateral thinking. Featuring a beautiful exclusive soundtrack by Steven Cravis, Quell Reflect is a deceptively simple, and easy to pickup game that will test your brain in new ways. Be prepared to lose yourself in this entrancing Zen classic!

Squids Odyssey (The Game Bakers, €12.99 / £9.99) - Squids Odyssey is a unique mix of action strategy and RPG: build your team of Squid heroes for epic turn-based battles against corrupted crabs and shrimps! Steev and the rest of the Squids are in danger! An infectious black ooze is corrupting their world. The band of unlikely heroes need to fight back to save their kingdoms! (Bonus: If you downloaded Squids Odyssey on Nintendo 3DS, you can download Squids Odyssey from Nintendo eShop on Wii U for free! - Consoles must both use the same NNID).

3DS Retail Download

Pokémon Art Academy (Nintendo, €34.99/ £29.99) - Grab your stylus and start your Pokémon-drawing journey in Pokémon Art Academy, only on Nintendo 3DS family systems! This Pokémon-themed iteration of the Art Academy series offers budding illustrators and Pokémon fans alike 40 lessons to learn how to paint, sketch and draw with beloved Pokémon characters.

Special Offers

Tappingo (CIRCLE Ent.), 3DS eShop - €1.99 / £1.69 until 17/07/14. Regular price is €2.99 / £2.49

Doodle Jump Adventures (Avanquest), 3DS retail - €12.99 / £9.99 until 17/07/14. Regular price is €24.99 / £19.99

Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment), 3DS eShop - €2.49 / £2.19 until 10/07/14. Regular price is €4.99 / £4.49

Did I read last week that the States got an Atlus sale on the eShop? Would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping to see a similar sale on our eShop this week. :(

Just read in MCV that independent retailers should be able to stock download codes from later this month. Might be interesting to see what some of the bigger indies do with the pricing for retail releases, as they tend to be cheaper than Game.