NEurope

Hopefully it's the actual eShop version, which uses sprites and is basically a widescreen version of the DSiWare. Cave Story 3D was good, but the small, polygon graphics caused a bit of a problem.

Is this the version that got a retail release?

No...

Hopefully it's the actual eShop version, which uses sprites and is basically a widescreen version of the DSiWare. Cave Story 3D was good, but the small, polygon graphics caused a bit of a problem.

... It's the latter one that Grazza mentions. The sprite based one. That's the version getting released here on May 1st :)

Ah, right. Forgot that version existed to be honest. I thought the price was too good to be the retail one.

That's amazing news, random :) wanted it for a long time, now perfect. I thought 90's arcade racer was always going to get a European release.

Oh wow I actually forgot about this. Good thing it's finally coming to the EU.

@Dcubed Sayonara Umihara Kawase is a bit cheaper than you predicted.

DSiWare refuses to die.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase (AGATSUMA) - €24.99/£19.99

Use your elastic fishing hook to play! Featuring a girl armed with only with her backpack and trusty fishing hook, this traveling sushi chef departs on a journey in a dream-like world filled with fish and other wildlife gone awry. You will need to think how to get out the stages like a puzzle game, and learn the way to use the hook to get out the stages ASAP like an action game. You will also be able to `re-start` from the check points and `slow` to move slowly not to fail. On top, if you connect to the internet, you will get the ranking among the players in your territories!

Bit Boy!! ARCADE (Bplus) - €7.99/£7.19

KUBITASTIC!! Kubi is back, and this time he meets his creator: the Game Designer!! The fun story tells of Kubi, his friends, the evil black Shadow Plattchen, the mighty gearwheel ZeLeLi and something about game development too.

Special offers

3D Mahjongg (Joindots) - €3.99/£3.29 (Ends May 8, normally €4.99/£4.49)

Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €6.99/£6.99 (Ends May 8, normally €19.99/£17.99)

Gardenscapes (Joindots) - €5.99/£5.99 (Ends May 8, normally €14.99/£14.99)

Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots) - €6.99/£5.79 (Ends May 8, normally €7.99/£6.99)

Nintendo DSiWare

Sea Battle (Teyon) - €1.99/£1.79/200 Points

Command your fleet to victory in this epic battle on open seas! Hidden in the untamed ocean awaits an enemy ready to attack. Launch strikes and counter-strikes with missiles and powerful torpedoes to locate and submerge your enemy's entire fleet in this new rendition of the classic paper and pencil game, Battleship. Use additional content such as scanners to gain intelligence and detect the location of your enemy. Challenge your friends to battles against your fleet to see who really rules the seas with DS Wireless Play or tackle missions and battles on your own in three different single player modes. Your only hope of survival is to uncover your enemy's whereabouts before they uncover yours!

Good decision to go with £19.99. It's a small difference physically but it does make a big difference psychologically.

Hope it does enough to stir up some interest... Cause seriously, this game deserves it!

It's kinda surreal to see DSiWare continue to live on for this long. There's still quite a few games seeing release even now! Gotta wonder why they don't just make them native 3DS games instead...

That reminds me, I still have the original 1000 points from when I originally purchased my DSi... :blank:

...just goes to show what a worthwhile purchase it was at the time! :heh:

Bluey gave me a £20 e-shop voucher. My e-shop voucher went towards super Mario bros 3, gunman Clive, Pokemon link, harvest moon for gameboy, and the rest went towards the other streetpass games since I already had about £12 on there.

Gunman Clive, I'm not very good at, but I love the graphics and the simple feel to it.

It's hardly the worst game ever. :rolleyes:

Loads of good stuff for the 3DS this week.

Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo, available May 2) - €39.99/£34.99

Grab your clubs and bring fun to the fore in Mario Golf: World Tour on Nintendo 3DS family systems! Join Mario and friends for engrossing golf action on your own, or tee off with players from all over the world in thrilling online multiplayer matches. The Mario Golf series is known for combining deceptively deep golf gameplay with ideas you could only find in a Mario game, and Mario Golf: World Tour is no exception! Master a range of courses sure to test even the most experienced player. It's not all lush greens and blue skies though - take to the fairway on sandy shores, or shoot for the pin on courses inspired by the world of Mario!

You can get a free download code for Mario Golf (Game Boy Color) if you purchase Mario Golf: World Tour from Nintendo eShop by 29/05/2014! Mario Golf (Game Boy Color) is exclusively available through this offer until 29/05/2014! It will be available for purchase from 29/05/2014 for €4.99 (£4.49). If you take advantage of this offer, you can download it before the official release for free. The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase, and also on your receipt. You can redeem it immediately on your Nintendo 3DS system or redeem it on any other Nintendo 3DS system later. The download code is valid until 30/06/2014.

Mario Golf World Tour: Free-Trial Course Pack (Nintendo) - Free

Mario Golf World Tour: Mushroom Pack (Nintendo) - €5.99/£5.39

Mario Golf World Tour: Three-Pack Set (Nintendo) - €11.99/£10.79 (Ends May 31, regular price €14.99/£13.49)

Etrian Odyssey: The Millennium Girl (NIS America) - €39.99/£34.99

Etria is a land that has long welcomed explorers, yet even they will discover stories untold. In Story mode, you will encounter the mystery of the maiden who has lived a thousand years. Should you brave Classic mode, you'll experience the beautifully upgraded version of the original Etrian adventure, with new 3D graphics and gameplay.

Hometown Story (Rising Star Games) - €29.99/£29.99

From Yasuhiro Wada, the father of the Harvest Moon series, comes a new heart-warming experience full of fun, laughter and excitement. Prepare yourself for a whole new life as you create your own Hometown Story! Having inherited a run-down shop, it's up to you to return to your hometown and turn the place into something your late grandmother would have been proud of. Join forces with a magical sprite named Pochica and make new friends as the town grows along with your success. Expand the shop, discover fantastic new wares to sell, go on exciting adventures and even meet the partner of your dreams! Now with enhanced gameplay and new features, Hometown Story is the definitive version of Yasuhiro Wada's vision.

Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst (MSL) - €11.99/£10.79

Rumours surrounding the history of stately Ravenhearst Manor have circulated for decades. The recently acquired diary of Emma Ravenhearst may hold the key to unravelling the mystery behind this eerie place, but the pages are missing. You assume the role of the master detective as you unlock the secrets buried deep in Ravenhearst, and scour a myriad of intriguing rooms in the manor in your search for cleverly hidden clues. Only when you have located and reassembled all the lost diary pages will you uncover the story of the house and, ultimately, solve the mystery.

Azada (MSL) - €11.99/£10.79

Trapped in a haunted room by his great-uncle, the adventurous Titus has asked you to help release him from the magical spell. To do this, you must solve the most mysterious puzzles of Azada. Crack the series of puzzles and fill in the missing pages of the enchanted book to free Titus from his prison.

Cave Story (Nicalis) - €7.25/£6.00

Cave Story takes you into a rare world where a curious race of innocent rabbit-like creatures, called Mimiga, run free. You wake up in a dark cave with no memory of who you are, where you came from or why you're in such a place. Uncovering Mimiga Village you discover that the once-carefree Mimiga are in danger at the hands of a maniacal scientist. Their only hope rests squarely on the shoulders of a quiet, amnesiac boy who can't remember his own name. Take control and learn the origins of this world's power, stop the delusional villain and save the Mimiga.

GALAGA (Bandai Namco Games, NES) - €4.99/£4.49

Classic arcade shoot 'em up Galaga was faithfully recreated for the home in this acclaimed NES version. Galaga became an instant classic with its innovative fighter combination system and varied enemy attack patterns. Control your fighter and shoot down the waves of invading aliens; and win bonuses in challenging stages by not missing a single enemy. If your fighter gets captured by an enemy, free it from the tractor beam and combine with it to form a dual fighter with twice the firepower!

The Denpa Men 3: The Rise of Digitoll Demo (Genius Sonority) - Free

The Denpa Men are mysterious creatures that live among radio waves. Invisible to the naked eye, they can only be seen and caught by looking through your Nintendo 3DS. In this game, catch Denpa Men, form your team, and head out on an exciting adventure across the world. All to save a special someone! This time, some Denpa Men can capture monsters, turning them into allies who can be summoned to your side. Capture powerful monsters to turn the tide of battle. Also, your Denpa Men friends now have their own little homes, which can be customised and decorated to suit your style.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (Atlus) - Free

It's time for classmating! Monsters have invaded the world of Aterra, and only a few special individuals, imbued with the power of the Star God, are equipped to fight it. With only a small group of warriors and a narrow window of time in which their powers are at their peak, the solution is clear: combine your Star power to make magical Star Children to boost your forces in battle!

Special offers

Tappingo (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends May 15, regular price €2.99/£2.49)

Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.89 (End May 31, regular price €2.99/£2.69)

Bird Mania Christmas 3D (Teyon) - €0.99/£0.89 (Permanent was €1.99/£1.79)

Really not sure what to do now - either delete some games or buy a bigger SD card. As much as it goes against the grain to delete something valuable, I can't see myself playing Code of Princess or Animal Crossing again, and they would free up a lot of space.

Known eShop titles I want to download:

Conception II

Cave Story

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Shovel Knight

3D Classics OutRun

3D Classics Afterburner

Really not sure what to do now - either delete some games or buy a bigger SD card. As much as it goes against the grain to delete something valuable, I can't see myself playing Code of Princess or Animal Crossing again, and they would free up a lot of space.

Conception II

Cave Story

Shovel Knight

3D Classics OutRun

3D Classics Afterburner

Just be sure to backup your save in case you want to go back.

Buy a bigger SD card, saves a load of hassle freeing up room all the time.

Yeah. They're so cheap. Buy the biggest one you can and you never have to think about it again and you can see you digital collection all the time (or is it just me who likes to see this?).

Conception II

Cave Story

Shovel Knight

3D Classics OutRun

3D Classics Afterburner

Just go ahead and get the bigger SD Card; they pretty much hand them out in packets of cereal now :p

I got my 64GB SD Card for £30 about a year ago, so they're probably even cheaper now...

Well. Don't bother buying Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal our Garbage? Despite what I heard, it's not a very good game.

I wanted to play a short filler game, but I expected it to last more than 4 hours. Could have beaten it in one sitting if I wanted to. Gameplay is very simple Zelda II clone without the challenge and a lot more fetch quests. The game generally feels lazy all round. Some of the sprite animations are nice but most things are just static images when it feels like it shouldn't. It fails to capture the shows humour and reuses a lot of jokes that fall flat. There's some voice work but it sounds like they recorded it off the television. The music is forgettable apart from the title screen music.

There's a New Game+, but no thanks.

Not worth the price it is on the eShop. And this is probably my most negative review ever.

OK, thanks, I'll just buy a bigger SD card then. Didn't realise you could copy the data in a straightforward way - I thought there might have been a lengthy process, like transferring data from one 3DS to the other.

I bought a 32GB card a while ago and it has proved to be more than enough space even with VC/Review/promotional games. :)

Likewise I have a 1TB hard drive for my Wii U but I don't envisage filling that up anywhere near as quickly. ;)

But yes, extra storage space is good! : peace:

Whoa, we get The Mysterious Murasame Castle for the first time ever on the 3DS Virtual Console this week!

Whoa, we get The Mysterious Murasame Castle for the first time ever on the 3DS Virtual Console this week!

holy-rollins.gif

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! :bouncy:

I've been waiting over a decade to play this game! :D (ok I'd rather have had it on the Wii U VC than the 3DS VC personally, but I'm not gonna complain :D - besides it has been PEGI rated for ages anyway, so it was kinda obvious that it was planned for release on 3DS first anyway)

At last I'll finally get to play Zelda's "sister" game! (And just in time for me to break my duck and start delving into my 3DS/Wii U backlog, oh how wonderfully convenient for me! :D )

For those of you who don't remember, this is the game that Takamaru's Ninja Castle in Nintendo Land is based off), the one with this awesome music that you'll no doubt have heard from Smash Bros Brawl and other places...

Edited by Dcubed

Such an amazing tune. :awesome:

I'd so be downloading this on Thursday, if we lived in an alternate reality where Nintendo didn't make really poor decisions regarding their release schedules. :indeed:

Genuinely surprised there's anything going up on the eShop this week.

And when I think of all those weeks gone by, with not a single decent download... :nono:

Is it really that difficult for Nintendo to think about release dates from the perspective of the customers? ::shrug:

Such an amazing tune. :awesome:

I'd so be downloading this on Thursday, if we lived in an alternate reality where Nintendo didn't make really poor decisions regarding their release schedules. :indeed:

Genuinely surprised there's anything going up on the eShop this week.

And when I think of all those weeks gone by, with not a single decent download... :nono:

Is it really that difficult for Nintendo to think about release dates from the perspective of the customers? ::shrug:

Yeah. My thoughts exactly. Why the hell they think that releasing one game a week for the past month or so is fine and then decide to release two high profile VC games in the same week as Mario Kart 8 is beyond me :blank:

Oh well, works well enough for me at least! (Clearly they were thinking of me and nobody else :blush: )

Still... Oh man I don't even know what game to start with alongside MK8 when it comes out on Friday. So many to choose from...

i'e begun to wonder....do they think we only switch on our WiiU's/3DS's when theres a high profile game so tailor VC releases for them to look good the only time they are on? i wonder

Full 3DS eShop releases this week

3DS

Coaster Creator 3D – €7.25 (£6.00)

Me & My Furry Patients 3D – €29.99 (£24.99)

Castle Clout – €4.00 (£3.59)

Blue Exorcist Manga Vol. 3 (not available in the UK) – €4.49

3DS Virtual Console

The Mysterious Mursame – €4.99 (£4.49)

Mario Golf – €4.99 (£4.49)

Price Reductions

Resident Evil Revelations – €17.99/£14.99 (Ends June 8)

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D – €5.99/£5.39 (Ends June 8)

Super Street Fighter IV 3D – €11.99/£10.79 (Ends June 8)

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate – €9.99/£8.74 (Ends June 5)

Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D – €4.99/£4.49 (Ends June 19)

Funfair Party Games – €6.99/£6.99 (Ends June 12)

Gardenscapes – €5.99/£5.99 (Ends June 12)

3D MahJongg – €3.99/£3.29 (Ends June 12)

Secret Agent Files: Miami – €6.99/£5.79 (Ends June 12)

SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition – €0.99/£0.89 (Ends June 19)

10-in-1: Arcade Collection – €0.99/£0.89 (Ends June 19)

Rage of the Gladiator – €3.49/£3.09 (Ends June 19)

PIX3D – €1.99/£1.79 (Ends June 19)

Angry Bunnies – €4.85/£4.49 (End July 31)

Bubble Pop World – €3.74/£3.35 (End July 31)

Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey – €3.74/£3.35 (End July 31)