NEurope

I grew up on the NES but most of the games are just pretty bad. I got excited when they released turtles. I'd probably get excited if they released rc pro am, festers quest, robocop, Bart vs the space mutants...

I'd completely forgotten about bart vs space mutants, and robocop! RC Pro am was a game I always wanted but never got round to playing!

It does seem the games I most want to play aren't forthcoming, and tbh I think I'm pretty happy with these remix games, just keeping things short (and mostly) sweet.

Can the 3DS cope with SNES or GBA games? I say this because I never see any on there and I really think Nintendo are missing out on an opportunity! I mean, I would love nothing more than to play Kingdom Hearts GBA or Mario Kart SNES or Donkey Kong SNES on the 3DS, that would be amazing!

Can the 3DS cope with SNES or GBA games? I say this because I never see any on there and I really think Nintendo are missing out on an opportunity! I mean, I would love nothing more than to play Kingdom Hearts GBA or Mario Kart SNES or Donkey Kong SNES on the 3DS, that would be amazing!

3DS can play GBA games, as shown by the ambassador titles, but they don't seem to be interested in releasing them for sale.

This weeks' releases.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Namca Bandai Games) - €34.99/£28.49

Pac is back in an all-new experience for a whole new generation of fans. Featuring an original storyline inspired by the show and all the charming characters from the PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures animated series, created and produced by Avi Arad, director and founder of Marvel Studios. Pac and his two best friends, Spiral and Cylindria, rise to the challenge of protecting their home, all the while fighting for friendship, freedom and the future!

Life with Horses 3D (Treva Entertainment) - €29.99/£24.99

Renovate the stables, riding arena and guesthouse, take loving care of your horses and breed cute foals. Ride at full gallop in exciting cross-country races and master the most amazing jumps

Tappingo (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.49

appingo is an awesome new puzzle game, in which you create small pictures by solving puzzles. Your goal is to solve each puzzle picture by making all the numbered blocks extend into lines of the correct length. The number on each block indicates exactly how long the line needs to be.

Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger (Microvalue) - €4.99/£4.49

Spend an exciting and adventurous summer working as a Park Ranger in a stunning National Park. Visit log cabins and areas of outstanding natural beauty such as lakes, woodland trails and mountain vistas. Set up outdoor activities like boating, rock climbing, horse riding and mountain biking.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (1st Playable Productions, DSiWare) - €7.99/£7.19/800 Points

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords delivers, for the first time ever, a classic puzzle-game action packed with an epic story of good vs. evil. Enter the world of Etheria, a land quickly becoming swarmed with evil. Help protect the kingdom of Bartonia from the undead invasion and seek out the source of these vile creatures to ensure the safety of your countrymen! Challenge your skills in single-player campaign mode, or battle your friends via wireless multiplayer. Experience a puzzle game like nothing you have played before. Are you up to the challenge?

Special offers

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. (Nintendo) - €31.99/£27.99 (Ends March 13, regular price €39.99/£34.99)

Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - €2.49/£1.74 (Ends March 13, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves (Genius Sonority) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends March 13, regular price €9.99/£8.99)

Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €3.49/£2.99 (April 3, regular price €6.99/£5.99)

SpeedX 3D (Gamelion) - €2.10/£1.99 (May 1, regular price €2.99/£2.69)

Monter Shooter (Gamelion) - €2.10/£1.99 (April 3, regular price €6.99/£6.29)

3D Game Collection (Joindots) - €5.99/£5.99 (March 27, regular price €13.99/£11.99)

Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €6.99/£6.99 (March 27, regular price €19.99/£17.99)

Gardenscapes (Joindots) - €5.99/£5.99 (March 27, regular price €14.99/£14.99)

3D MahJongg (Joindots) - €3.99/£3.29 (March 27, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.99 (March 27, regular price €6.99/£5.99)

Murder on the Titanic (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.99 (March 27, regular price €14.99/£14 .99)

Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots) - €6.99/£5.79 (March 27, regular price €7.99/£6.99)

Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games) - €19.99/£17.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£24.99)

Beyblade Evolution (Rising Star Games) - €19.99/£19.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£29.99)

Girl's Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games) - €19.99/£19.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£29.99)

Crazy Kangaroo (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.89 (Permanent, was €2.99/£2.69)

Denpa Men 2 sale makes me hope for DM3 getting a release soon.

3DS can play GBA games, as shown by the ambassador titles, but they don't seem to be interested in releasing them for sale.

Not quite. The way the 3DS plays GBA games isn't the best thing. It's unable to do software emulation so does it via the hardware, loading the game into the console's RAM, locking out all features of the console just so it can be played. There are also issues with doing emulation this way.

Pokemon Link: Battle (Nintendo) - €7.99/£7.19

Pokémon Link: Battle! is a Nintendo 3DS game where players battle Pokémon to capture them through fast-paced puzzles. When you catch a wild Pokémon, it is called a Link. Your goal in this game is to Link every last Pokémon. In Pokémon Link: Battle!, you must make matches of the same Pokémon from among all the many Pokémon that fill your Link Box--the large field of Pokémon on the lower screen. The Pokémon that appears on the top screen is the wild Pokémon that you are facing in battle. Line up three Pokémon in a row to clear your Pokémon from the box, and to attack and reduce the HP of the wild Pokémon that you face. When its HP reaches zero, you will be able to Link that Pokémon! As time passes, the wild Pokémon will also lash out to attack you in return. When you're attacked by a wild Pokémon, the Link Box will lose some of its energy. The wild Pokémon you face may even try to get in your way! If the Link Box's energy reaches zero, it's game over. Pokémon Link: Battle! features all 718 Pokémon discovered to date, including those that just debuted in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. And all of the Pokémon appearing in Pokémon Link: Battle! have a new look with cool and cute icons.

Cube Tactics (Teyon) - €4.99/£4.49

Fierce enemies roam the land of cubes, protecting their core and bringing their opponents to mercy. Begin your training with Sir Knight as you take to becoming a Cube Master to tackle these lethal enemies in this strategic and tactical war-game with cubes.

Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot (CoderChild) - €2.99/£2.69

Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot is an action-packed platform game, where music plays a very important role. With only one button to jump, you must help Cubit to go from platform to platform, while you avoid obstacles and enemies through the different scenes of the game.

Yoshi's New island (Nintendo, available March 14) - €39.99/£34.99

Yoshi's New Island is the first instalment in this series since Yoshi's Island DS was released in 2006. Yoshi's good old Flutter Jump, Ground Pound and egg-throwing return, along with new abilities and challenges that take advantage of the features of the Nintendo 3DS. You can use massive eggs called Mega-Eggs to destroy blocks and pipes, revealing secrets such as coins and hidden keys. The more things you destroy, the higher the Mega-Egg gauge goes, netting you extra lives in the process!

Special offers

Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo) - €35.99/£31.99 (Ends March 18, regular price €44.99/£39.99)

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) - €2.49/£1.74 (Ends March 18, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

Star Wars Pinball (Zen Studios) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends March 20, regular price €6.99/£6.29)

Marvel Pinball 3D (Zen Studios) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends March 20, regular price €6.99/£6.29)

Zen Pinball 3D (Zen Studios) - €2.49/£2.24 (Ends March 20, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

Wakedas (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends March 27, regular price €2.99/£2.50)

Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends March 27, regular price €4.00/£3.60)

World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends March 27, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

Think I'll check out Pokemon Link: Battle this week.

Not quite. The way the 3DS plays GBA games isn't the best thing. It's unable to do software emulation so does it via the hardware, loading the game into the console's RAM, locking out all features of the console just so it can be played. There are also issues with doing emulation this way.

I've played all the ambassador titles on my 3DS, and it never gave emulation problems at all?? I don't really think most people care if the emulation is done in the best way possible, what's important is that it's playable in a good way (wich the ambassador titles are). DS games lock out 3DS funtions as well, so I don't really think that's an excuse for not releasing GBA titles on the 3DS eshop. Oh well at least they are coming too WiiU ::shrug: Though it is kind of sad they need a superpowered home console to release portable games from 10 years ago.

Well does the locking-out really matter when you can still use save states with the games? That's precisely the thing that makes even the older games more fun to play, so what more do you need really?

Edit: Nevermind, there isn't a GBA save feature...

Edited by Ville

Well does the locking-out really matter when you can still use save states with the games? That's precisely the thing that makes even the older games more fun to play, so what more do you need really?

I thought it didn't have save states on GBA games

I thought it didn't have save states on GBA games

It doesn't :)

But most GBA games had decent save systems anyways

@Serebii Ah sorry, you're right, there's no save feature for GBA games, just checked. I did wonder at some point what the deal was, since all the other retro games have it...

But yeah M rock's got a point, the GBA games tend to have good save systems anyway, so it's not like it's really needed for them anyway...

Edited by Ville

Pure Chess (Ripstone Publishing) - €5.99/£4.99

Download Pure Chess to experience chess the way it's meant to be played, in stunning high definition. Experience one of the oldest known board games on the advanced technology of today. With ultra-realistic HD visuals you can almost reach out and touch the pieces. Pure Chess is a game that can be played by everyone, at any age, but mastered by only a few. The question is... are you a Grandmaster in the making? This is the US version of the game.

Devil World (Nintendo, NES VC) - €3.99/£3.59

In this hidden gem of an action game from Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, you play heroic dragon Tamagon, who must defeat evil by collecting boa-boa dots inside a maze and destroying enemies with his fire breath. However, keep an eye on the devil at the top of the screen, who instructs his minions to move the maze in random directions, trying to squash Tamagon within its walls!

Special offers

Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia) - €7.49/£6.35 (Ends April 10, regular price €9.99/£8.49)

Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €5.20/£4.70 (Ends April 10, regular price €6.99/£6.29)

Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.70/£5.70 (Ends April 10, regular price €8.99/£7.66)

Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends April 3, regular price €8.99/£8.09)

Angry Bunnies (Cypronia) - €4.85/£4.49 (Ends April 17, regular price €6.49/£5.99)

Fishdom H20: Hidden Odyssey (Cypronia) - €3.74/£3.35 (Ends April 17, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

My Exotic Farm (Bigben Interactive) - €6.99/£6.29 (Permanent, was €24.99/£19.99)

Always wanted to try Devil World but never got round to it. Not sure if I should wait for a Wii U release.

I've heard good things about all the Art Style games so you probably couldn't go wrong with it. :hehe:

Since Art Style has been recommended for so many times then it's sold! I'll try it soon! : peace:

Looks like the Donkey Kong Land games are coming to the Virtual Console. Japan gets the first one next week.

Looks like the Donkey Kong Land games are coming to the Virtual Console. Japan gets the first one next week.

That's awesome :hehe:

I never got to play those games before and the VC hasn't been particularly appealing for me, apart from Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, so it's great news to hear these could be coming :yay:

Awesome! I've never actually played the DK Land games but have always wanted to :)

Hopefully this also means that whatever issue that caused Nintendo to pull the DKC trilogy from the Wii VC has been dealt with and that we'll see the DKC series make a Return on the Wii U VC :D

Nothing too exciting this week.

Super Monkey Ball 3D (SEGA) - €19.99/£14.99

Super Monkey Ball as you've never experienced before! Join AiAi and friends as you tilt and roll your way in to the world of 3D! Lose yourself in each vibrant world as you twist, turn and aim to collect every banana in the fastest time possible. Then play together with friends and be the first to cross the finish line in Monkey Race or get ready for a manic melee in Monkey Fight. Everyone's favourite monkeys are jumping out of the screen with excitement. Let yourself be completely immersed in the world of Super Monkey Ball like never before. Watch as your favourite monkeys truly come alive in front of your eyes. Are you ready to join the fun?!

Bubble Pop World (Cypronia) - €4.99/£4.49

Bubble Pop World is a 3D match-three game in which you pop bubbles with the same colours. It is based on Augmented Reality technology, so the Nintendo 3DS AR Card is required. There are 120 puzzle and arcade levels to enjoy, or you can edit more of your own levels and share them with friends via QR Codes. In Arcade Mode you also travel around the world to discover undersea mini-games.

Special offers

EDGE (Two Tribes Publishing) - €1.99/£1.79 (Permanent, Was €3.99/£3.59)

Monster Shooter (Gamelion) - €4.00/£3.20 (Permanent, Was €6.99/£6.29)

Yawn.

Governor of Poker (Teyon) - €4.99/£4.49

In the scorching town of San Saba begins your journey to becoming the new Governor of Poker in the ultimate Texas Hold'em Up poker tournament. Build your reputation and riches up to take over the whole state of Texas. Stroll through over 10 rustic towns and enter numerous saloons to compete in poker tournaments and cash games to win big and buy up priceless real estate! Blow off some steam and bring fellow Texans to their knees as they bust from tournaments with you crowned as Big Stack Bully! The stakes are high so play your cards right and grow your wealth to become the one and only Governor of Poker.

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst (MSL) - €11.99/£10.79

Emma's soul is free, but her ghost has delivered a dire warning: evil still lurks in Ravenhearst Manor. Experience Ravenhearst`s spectral halls as never before with the new immersive adventure-style gameplay and epic original soundtrack. Hear the floorboards creak as you move from room to room solving puzzles and searching for clues in over 150 detailed scenes.

Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove (MSL) - €11.99/£10.79

The Celtic legend of Dire Grove has been passed down from generation to generation for centuries. Considered a fairy tale, its telling was meant to frighten small children into staying in their beds throughout the night. A recently unearthed artefact in the United Kingdom, however, proves the dark legend to be true! Use your wits and Hidden Object talents to follow the trail of a group of missing graduate students in Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove!

LEGO The Hobbit (WB Games, available April 11) - €39.99/£34.99

The interactive game of LEGO The Hobbit allows gamers to play along with their favourite scenes from the films, and follows the Hobbit Bilbo Baggins as he is recruited by the Wizard Gandalf to aid Thorin Oakenshield and his Company of Dwarves. Bilbo leaves the comforts of the Shire on a journey through Middle-earth to help the Dwarves reclaim their lost Kingdom of Erebor within the Lonely Mountain. Along the way, he is introduced to ravenous Trolls, dangerous Orcs and, of course, Gollum and his precious Ring. Players will utilise and combine the Dwarves' unique abilities - often with hilarious results - to solve the most diverse quests of any LEGO videogame to date.

Special offers

4 Elements (MSL) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends May 8, normally €12.00/£10.79)

Jewel Quest 4 Heritage (MSL) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends May 8, normally €11.99/£10.79)

Luxor (MSL) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends May 8, normally €11.99/£10.79)

Jewel Quest Mysteries 3: The Seventh Gate (MSL) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends May 8, normally €11.99/£10.79)

Secret Mysteries in London (MSL) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends May 8, normally €11.99/£10.79)

Myst (Funbox Media) - €9.99/£8.99 (Permanent, was €13.99/£12.59)

Urban Trial Freestyle (Tate Multimedia) - €4.99/£4.49 (Permanent, was €6.99/£6.29)

Kid Icarus: Uprising seems to finally be getting a digital release on Wednesday according to NoE's website which wasn't listed in the PR.

You can get a free download code for Mario Golf™ (Game Boy Color) if you purchase Mario Golf™: World Tour from Nintendo eShop by 29/05/2014!

Mario Golf™ (Game Boy Color) is exclusively available through this offer until 29/05/2014! It will be available for purchase from 29/05/2014 for €4.99 (£4.49). If you take advantage of this offer, you can download it before the official release for free.

The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase, and also on your receipt. You can redeem it immediately on your Nintendo 3DS system or redeem it on any other Nintendo 3DS system later.

You can get a free download code for Mario Golf™ (Game Boy Color) if you purchase Mario Golf™: World Tour from Nintendo eShop by 29/05/2014!

Mario Golf™ (Game Boy Color) is exclusively available through this offer until 29/05/2014! It will be available for purchase from 29/05/2014 for €4.99 (£4.49). If you take advantage of this offer, you can download it before the official release for free.

The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase, and also on your receipt. You can redeem it immediately on your Nintendo 3DS system or redeem it on any other Nintendo 3DS system later.

What if you get a download code from game or somewhere else? Will it still work?

It should do, yeah.

Anyway, here is the full PR.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club (Nintendo) - €11.99/£10.79 (Special offers ends May 1, normally €14.99/£13.49)

Head up your own football team and shoot for the top! Nintendo Pocket Football Club puts you in the manager's seat at your very own football club, only on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Can you keep the crowds chanting and guide your pint-sized players from the lower leagues to the wonders of the world stage? As manager, train up your players and choose your tactics wisely to make the most of their abilities. Once you're satisfied, send your team forth and watch your decisions play out in matches packed with action - but don't be afraid to alter your approach if it all starts to unravel before your eyes. Delve deep and show plenty of skill on the side line and you could lead them all the way to the glorious treble of the Pro League 1, the Federation Cup and the European Challenge Cup. With enough work, you could even bring the World Club Classic back home!

From release on 17th April 2014 until 1st May (23:59 local time) Nintendo Pocket Football Club will be available at a special launch offer price of €11.99 (£10.79) After this date, the game will be available to purchase from Nintendo eShop for €14.99 (£13.49).

Putty Squad (System 3 Software) - €19.99/£17.99

Putty Squad is a no-holds-barred retro gaming experience brought to life for the modern gamer. Our hero, Putty, can inflate, morph, stretch, punch and absorb, taking on ferocious enemies on his mission to rescue imprisoned putties. Putty Squad features lovingly created levels that will test your timing, skill and imagination in a charming and incredibly addictive adventure.

Tiny Games - Knights & Dragons (Reactor) - €2.99/£2.49

Tiny Games - Knights & Dragons is the first in a series of mini-games collections for kids.

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (KONAMI, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Fight back against Dracula in the third exciting instalment of the highly popular Castlevania franchise! As with the original 'Castlevania', the player's goal is to work their way through deviously challenging levels, but this time there's a difference - when the level ends, you can choose one of two paths to take for a completely different experience!

Mario Golf: World Tour Demo (Nintendo) - Free

Grab your clubs and bring fun to the fore in Mario Golf: World Tour on Nintendo 3DS family systems! Join Mario and friends for engrossing golf action on your own, or tee off with players from all over the world in thrilling online multiplayer matches. The Mario Golf series is known for combining deceptively deep golf gameplay with ideas you could only find in a Mario game, and Mario Golf: World Tour is no exception! Master a range of courses sure to test even the most experienced player. It's not all lush greens and blue skies though - take to the fairway on sandy shores, or shoot for the pin on courses inspired by the world of Mario!

Special Offer for Mario Golf: World Tour from 02/05/2014:

You can get a free download code for Mario Golf (Game Boy Color) if you purchase Mario Golf: World Tour from Nintendo eShop by 29/05/2014! Mario Golf (Game Boy Color) is exclusively available through this offer until 29/05/2014! It will be available for purchase from 29/05/2014 for €4.99 (£4.49). If you take advantage of this offer, you can download it before the official release for free. The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase, and also on your receipt. You can redeem it immediately on your Nintendo 3DS system or redeem it on any other Nintendo 3DS system later. The download code is valid until 30/06/2014.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl Demo (NIS America) - Free

Etria is a land that has long welcomed explorers, yet even they will discover stories untold. In Story mode, you will encounter the mystery of the maiden who has lived a thousand years. Should you brave Classic mode, you'll experience the beautifully upgraded version of the original Etrian adventure, with new 3D graphics and gameplay improvements.

Special offers

Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (Disney) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends April 24, €19.99/£17.99)

Pretty good week, will be checking out both demos.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase has a price and date!

April 24, €24.99 (no UK price yet, but it'll probably be £21.99 going by the standard eShop €-£ conversion)

There are two EU trailers below... TBH I don't think that they're very well made though. They don't really show the really crazy moves you can do in the game and the trailer pacing isn't very good...

Official site is up now as well :)http://agatsuma-games.com/umiharakawase/index.html

Don't miss out on this one folks! (For those wondering, yes this was a retail game in Japan - but it's digital only in the west)

Oh and yes, the Engrish in these trailers and on the site is hilarious :laughing: (the game itself was localised by Natsume and was thankfully done well, so no issues there). Bless Agatsuma for trying here though :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

OH MY GOD CAVE STORY 3DS EUROPE VERSION LIVES!!! :o :o :o

It's coming out on May 1st for €7.25 (no £ price yet)

HOW BLOODY LATE IS THIS!?

Maybe there's still hope for an EU release of The 90's Arcade Racer and Ikachan 3DS after all! :D

OH MY GOD CAVE STORY 3DS EUROPE VERSION LIVES!!! :o :o :o

It's coming out on May 1st for €7.25 (no £ price yet)

HOW BLOODY LATE IS THIS!?

Maybe there's still hope for an EU release of The 90's Arcade Racer and Ikachan 3DS after all! :D

Is this the version that got a retail release?