NEurope

Has anybody posted anything about Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!, yet?

Developer is Shin'en (F.A.S.T./Jett Rocket for Wiiware), so this might turn out decent.

There's a trailer, too:

It's weird seeing Mii-heads on Avatar-bodies. ;)

Great developer!

Shame it's not proper Golf though... Nintendo should bring out a full Mii Sports Golf 3DS.

Yeah I'm well tempted by zen pinball, anyone gets I'm interested to know what it's like. Love pinball games!

It's great. Along with Pullblox it's one of the best things you can currently download from the e-shop. For £4.50 you get 4 great looking and playable tables, and the game offers online leaderboards, so you can compare high scores with others and with those from your friend roster. Took a while for me to get used to the tables and the physics (I'm used to playing Pokemon Pinball, Sonic Pinball, Mario Ball etc not 'realistic' Pinball) but now I'm addicted and find it hard to put my 3DS down whenever I'm playing it.

It's great. Along with Pullblox it's one of the best things you can currently download from the e-shop. For £4.50 you get 4 great looking and playable tables, and the game offers online leaderboards, so you can compare high scores with others and with those from your friend roster. Took a while for me to get used to the tables and the physics (I'm used to playing Pokemon Pinball, Sonic Pinball, Mario Ball etc not 'realistic' Pinball) but now I'm addicted and find it hard to put my 3DS down whenever I'm playing it.

Hmm, might download it over the weekend (along with pullbox) if it's half as good as pokemon pinball and metroid pinball I'll have some fun. Maybe get some highscoring competition on the go too :)

Anyone try the Download in Sleep mode option yet.

I bought Zen Pinball the other night and choose the sleep download option to see how fast it might be.

Was expecting a blue LED to come on or something to indicate when the title had finished downloading but nothing.

After 10mins too I opened the 3DS to check the d/l and it said 0% downloaded :heh:

I then left it for a few hours while I played on my Wii, still no blue led, but when I opened it the d/l had finished.

Oh and also Zen Pinball is pretty awesome :D

I closed mine for barely any time at all and it downloaded. I have the game too, great game. Only played each table once though...

Did the eursport app come out today?!

LETTERBOX?!?!?

Eurosport yes. And the 'app' that they drop into your menu has already been deleted. Why do we need another video service? Can't they put individual branded channels under the Nintendo Video app?

Letterbox. No.

thats great news, the eshop is really picking up some speed especially in the coming months, with many solid titles making their appearance, and MSF is one of them!

Nice, will buy. Should probably transfer Shantae and Mighty Milky Way to my 3DS at some point.

Mighty Switch Force looks fantastic and I really want it, but... still no eShop cards in shops? I'm hugely reluctant to buy points directly.

Have you been checking the gift card sections at your local supermarkets? Plenty of the £15 and £25 cards available up here in Wales.

If anyone's desperate I suppose they could PayPal myself or anyone else who has them in their area £15 or £25, and then we could buy a card on that persons behalf and PM the code to them.

WHSmith's have them. Bought 2 a while ago. Haven't checked if they have the Zelda ones though.

Mighty Switch Force looks fantastic and I really want it, but... still no eShop cards in shops? I'm hugely reluctant to buy points directly.

Why reluctant?

Why reluctant?

Just would rather not enter any card details. Probably over-cautious, but if I can buy a card, that's what I'd rather do.

From Official Nintendo Magazine:

Nintendo has saved a bombshell for its final download day before Christmas by announcing it'll be adding Tetris, the original Game Boy blockbuster, to the eShop this Thursday.

Not only that, the free Nintendo Letter Box app will also be made available on Thursday, allowing you to write messages, draw pictures in 2D and 3D, or send photos and sound to your friends over StreetPass or SpotPass.

They both join the previously announced Mighty Switch Force! from WayForward, turn-based action adventure game Castle Conqueror Heroes, side-scrolling shooter Commando: Steel Disaster and WiiWare footy sim Football Up!. Here's the full list of games due to be released this week:

3DS eSHOP

Mighty Switch Force! (WayForward) (£5.40)

Nintendo Letter Box (Nintendo) (Free)

Tetris (Game Boy) (Nintendo) (£3.60)

3DS eSHOP AND DSiWARE

Castle Conqueror Heroes (Circle Ent) (500 Points/£4.50)

Commando: Steel Disaster (Cinemax) (800 Points/£7.20)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/33755/tetris-and-letter-box-come-to-eshop-this-week/

thats a really solid eshop lineup this week, definitely getting MSF. but I dont think releasing tetris on VC is a good idea, considering the recent launch of tetris 3DS. and finally some sort of messaging function on the 3DS, although I extremely doubt it's what people wanted, but we'll see come thursday.

Edited by -Dem0-

Not only that, the free Nintendo Letter Box app will also be made available on Thursday, allowing you to write messages, draw pictures in 2D and 3D, or send photos and sound to your friends over StreetPass or SpotPass.

I can hardly contain my...

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

excitement. This is going to be more tedious - and ultimately, pointless - than Wii Messaging.

Looks like the messaging app doesn't allow you to type letters but instead only supports handwriting according to the video at youtube (NintenDaan1 channel)?

Is Spottpass just a fancy name for the internet on 3DS?

Yes. Nintendo are under the impression that nobody has a WiFi router in their house and that while out you may encounter an elusive WiFi Hotspot and the 3DS will download new data to surprise you (ruined slightly by you needing to manually connect to the WiFi hotspot).

Yes. Nintendo are under the impression that nobody has a WiFi router in their house and that while out you may encounter an elusive WiFi Hotspot and the 3DS will download new data to surprise you (ruined slightly by you needing to manually connect to the WiFi hotspot).

Are you sure you need to manually connect to hotspots though? That sounds strange. I was under the impression that the 3DS automatically tries to connect to wi-fi nodes without the user having to fiddle with any settings?

I'm with cvl, that's what i thought. You couldn't play online, but it connects and does spot pass, otherwise it is pointless!!

Pretty sure I've downloaded stuff walking around town before!