NEurope

18 hours ago, Ike said:

Got a theme with Radiant Historia so that was a nice bonus.

SMT IV: Apocalypse, which I also just bought, does the same.

So I found a 3DS I forgot I had (thought all mine were sold by my friend's partner... Long story) and I very much doubt it but I presume the Pokémon TGC isn't on the eshop is it? Been tempted to play it for a while, to the point I was looking at getting a Game Boy a while back. 

As an aside, just looked for the Gold/Silver remakes on CEX and they're £78!!

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So I found a 3DS I forgot I had (thought all mine were sold by my friend's partner... Long story) and I very much doubt it but I presume the Pokémon TGC isn't on the eshop is it? Been tempted to play it for a while, to the point I was looking at getting a Game Boy a while back. 

As an aside, just looked for the Gold/Silver remakes on CEX and they're £78!!

You're in luck because it is on the eShop. :) I replayed it when they made it available and it held up. You can also get Gold, Silver and Crystal on the eShop if you feel like going on a bit of a Pokémon kick.

• Like 1

Cheers! I may well do that, just thought I'd go for the remakes because they look a bit nicer. 

Guess I need a charger now as it's proprietary isn't it? (Looked myself and it is, ignore me as I talk out loud)

Pokémon Gold eshop version has less languages than the original release 🤔

Pokémon Gold eshop version has less languages than the original release
Fewer

5 hours ago, bob said:
On 16/07/2021 at 9:37 PM, Ashley said:
Pokémon Gold eshop version has less languages than the original release emoji848.png

Fewer

Lesser. They only have English.

Other languages are there but they are listed as individual games/ downloads.

14 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Other languages are there but they are listed as individual games/ downloads.

Yep, the Game Boy games take up so much space on a Game Boy cartridge, that each language had to be on a separate cartridge.

Which means that they had to be separate downloads on the eShop.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Yep, the Game Boy games take up so much space on a Game Boy cartridge, that each language had to be on a separate cartridge.

Which means that they had to be separate downloads on the eShop.

Yup.  Most NES, SNES and Gameboy games never got FIGS localisations at all; it was usually English or Japanese only.  And in the rare case that a Gameboy game did get a FIGS localisation? (Basically Pokémon and Zelda only) they always got separate cartridge releases because of storage space limitations.

N64 was the first Nintendo console where EFIGS became the standard; and games came with all languages included on the one cartridge.  GBA mostly followed suit with a few notable exceptions (Golden Sun/Golden Sun TLA being the two big ones - This actually caused a bit of a stink back on Wii U as NOE only released the English version on the Wii U VC; leaving non-English speakers SOL).

Yep, I checked on the 3DS eShop earlier before posting. On the homepage there's a Pokémon category, if you go via that you'll find versione cristallo, argento and oro on page one, and blu, rossa and gialla on page 2. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

GBA mostly followed suit with a few notable exceptions (Golden Sun/Golden Sun TLA being the two big ones - This actually caused a bit of a stink back on Wii U as NOE only released the English version on the Wii U VC; leaving non-English speakers SOL).

Oh right, I remember that.

Did NoE ever release the other language versions in the end?

Oh right, @Ashley. Did you buy Pokémon Gold?

Because Pokémon Crystal is available and that's just flat out better than Gold/Silver in every way. There's no reason to not go with that instead.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Oh right, I remember that.

Did NoE ever release the other language versions in the end?

Nope, they never did.  Real scumbucket move, but I'm guessing that they just didn't want to pay for the QA involved with testing the other EU versions for the Wii U VC release.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Oh right, @Ashley. Did you buy Pokémon Gold?

Because Pokémon Crystal is available and that's just flat out better than Gold/Silver in every way. There's no reason to not go with that instead.

But where would I get my Mareep?

53 minutes ago, Ashley said:

a1mbkbgvlpm41.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

You know what? That is not the first time I have heard that reasoning.

I'm surprised how much that's a deal breaker despite the fact you can get a legitimate Celebi in the 3DS version! Not to mention access to both Lugia and Ho-Oh, and easy access to Suicune.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

You know what? That is not the first time I have heard that reasoning.

I'm surprised how much that's a deal breaker despite the fact you can get a legitimate Celebi in the 3DS version! Not to mention access to both Lugia and Ho-Oh, and easy access to Suicune.

Cute electric types >>> Legendaries

TPC is right on the money with their marketing

(That said, surely Ashley could get someone to trade him a Mareep from elsewhere)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I prefer cute Pokémon to legendaries (particularly from the last few generations). 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Yeah I prefer cute Pokémon to legendaries (particularly from the last few generations). 

Celebi not cute enough for you then? Fair enough.