NEurope

47 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Picked up Fairune Collection the last week. Managed to get through the first game without too much trouble (although I did have to check up on a couple of bits that were super obscure :blush:) but Fairune 2 is proving to be quite tricky in comparison. I'm currently about an hour and a half in, but now completely and utterly stumped as to where to go/what to do! :confused: These games are definitely a blast from the past in their design, it's just a shame that I've clearly lost my ability to solve these types of cryptic puzzles. :D

Hopefully I managed to progress again soon. Really want to unlock the shmup game that's included in the collection, but you need to complete the first 3 games to unlock it.

*EDIT*
Whoops! This was obviously supposed to go in the Switch eShop thread. No wonder I'm stuck on Fairune, can't even figure out the forum. :laughing:

I played them both on the 3DS and thought they were great. I enjoyed the first game more than the second. The second was a little bit too big for what the game is trying to do.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I played them both on the 3DS and thought they were great. I enjoyed the first game more than the second. The second was a little bit too big for what the game is trying to do.

Yeah, it's definitely pretty clear already that the second title is quite a bit bigger than the first one. Apparently Fairune Origin is tiny though (way shorter than even the first game) according to reviews and the best times on the in-game leaderboard.

24th of May 3DS eShop releases;

Nintendo 3DS eShop
Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers (Nintendo, €39.99 / £34.99)

Nintendo 3DS Discounts
Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 21st Jun, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)
Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games, €1.97 / £1.55 until 21st Jun, regular price €2.99 / £2.36)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB, €4.99 / £4.49 until 31st May, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form, €4.49 / £3.49 until 7th Jun, regular price €8.99 / £6.99)
SteamWorld Dig 2 (Image & Form, €13.39 / £10.04 until 7th Jun, regular price €19.99 / £14.99)
SteamWorld Heist (Image & Form, €7.49 / £5.49 until 7th Jun, regular price €14.99 / £10.99)

• Thanks 2

31st of May 3DS eShop;

Nintendo 3DS eShop
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Inti Creates, €9.99 / £8.99)
Dragon Lapis (KEMCO, €9.99 / £8.99)

New Nintendo 3DS Discounts
BLOK DROP CHAOS (RCMADIAX, €0.99 / £0.93 until 28th Jun, regular price €1.49 / £1.39)
BRICK THRU (RCMADIAX, €0.99 / £0.93 until 28th Jun, regular price €1.49 / £1.39)
FIFTEEN (RCMADIAX, €0.99 / £0.93 until 28th Jun, regular price €1.49 / £1.39)
GALAXY BLASTER CODE RED (RCMADIAX, €0.99 / £0.93 until 28th Jun, regular price €1.49 / £1.39)
GUIDE THE GHOST (RCMADIAX, €0.99 / £0.93 until 28th Jun, regular price €1.49 / £1.39)
ZIG ZAG GO (RCMADIAX, €0.99 / £0.93 until 28th Jun, regular price €1.49 / £1.39)

Nintendo 3DS Demos
Kid Tripp Demo (Four Horses, Free)

Not too long yourself list.

• Thanks 3

7th of July 3DS eShop releases;

Nintendo 3DS Retail
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (Nintendo, £34.99)

Nintendo 3DS Special Offers
Check the eShop for details on these following games;
Adventure Bar Story
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Aqua Moto Racing 3D
Atlantic Quest
Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition
Bubble Pop World
Carps & Dragons
Color Zen
Color Zen Kids
Conveni Dream
Dan McFox: Head Hunter
Drancia Saga
Epic Word Search Collection
Epic Word Search Collection 2
Epic Word Search Holiday Special
Fat Dragons
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey
Jewel Match 3
Kingdom’s Item Shop
The Legend of Dark Witch 3 Wisdom and Lunacy
Link-a-Pix Colour
Mega Man® Legacy Collection
Mercenaries Saga 2
Murder on the Titanic
My Style Studio: Hair Salon
Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas
Pazuru
Phil’s Epic Fill-a-Pix Adventure
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ – Dual Destinies
Pic-a-Pix Colour
Resident Evil™ Revelations
Resident Evil™: The Mercenaries 3D
Rubik’s® Cube
Safari Quest
Secret Agent Files: Miami
Splat The Difference
Sudoku Party
Super Street Fighter™ IV 3D Edition
Worcle Worlds
Word Logic by POWGI
Word Puzzles by POWGI
Word Search 10K
Word Search by POWGI

• Thanks 3

Summer sale 2018:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo – €15.99 (was €19.99)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D – €15.99 (was €19.99)
Luigi’s Mansion 2 – €15.99 (was €19.99)
Mario Kart 7 – €31.49 (was €44.99)
Miitopia – €27.99 (was €39.99)
Rhythm Paradise Megamix – €20.99 (was €29.99)
Super Mario Maker – €15.99 (was €19.99)
Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – €31.49 (was €44.99)
BoxBoxBoy! – €3.49 (was €4.99)
Kirby’s Blowout Blast – €4.89 (was €6.99)
Kirby Fighters Deluxe – €4.89 (was €6.99)
Tank Troopers – €5.59 (was €7.99)

Round 2 of the Summer Sale is live, including discounts on Metroid: Samus Returns, Tomodachi, Ever Oasis and Kirby Planet Robobot. I hope I can find some of those discounts on the physical releases.

• Thanks 1

Demo of Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn has been released.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Blockbuster sale is also live on 3DS:

• Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS (Card/Download) -33 %
  • Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Card/Download) -30 %
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (Card/Download) -33 %
  • Metroid: Samus Returns (Card/Download) -33 %
  • New Super Mario Bros 2 (Card/Download) -33 %
  • YO-KAI WATCH (Card/Download) -25 %
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening (Card/Download) -33 %
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising  (Card/Download) -30 %
  • Thanks 2

I fired up the 3DS eShop to have a quick browse and the menu music is amazingly catchy. Anyone know if it's off a certain game?

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I fired up the 3DS eShop to have a quick browse and the menu music is amazingly catchy. Anyone know if it's off a certain game?

I don't think it's from anything.

Pretty sure it's from the 3DS eShop menu.
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bob said:
16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Pretty sure it's from the 3DS eShop menu.

Oh right, yeah. 3DS eShop is one of my favourite games as well.

• Haha 2

Oh right, yeah. 3DS eShop is one of my favourite games as well.
1000 hours and counting on my non-existant 3DS.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-3DS-2DS/Usage-/Nintendo-eShop/How-to-Add-Funds-in-Nintendo-eShop-Using-Credit-Cards-1626660.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=Nintendo3DS|CreditCardUpdateInfo|o1|m_id_hZxt6VTHMK|1626660|w35

Nintendo are taking away the ability to add funds directly via credit/debit cards on both Wii U and 3DS from September onwards!? (You'll have to do it from the website form now on)

WHAT THE FUCK!? NOT COOL NINTENDO!!!!! :mad: 3DS is still being sold in stores!!! Hell, the last 3DS game only just got released about 3 months ago!!!!

• Sad 1

Wow, so Nintendo are actually digitally cutting off the Wii U and the 3DS just like that.

At least you can still add funds from the website but if and when they pull that... it will be just whatever credit is left on pre-purchased cards... until those are stopped as well.

Maybe this means that Nintendo are going to be porting everything worthwhile which is digital from the 3DS and Wii U to the Switch? Though I wouldn't count on it.

3 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Wow, so Nintendo are actually digitally cutting off the Wii U and the 3DS just like that.

At least you can still add funds from the website but if and when they pull that... it will be just whatever credit is left on pre-purchased cards... until those are stopped as well.

Maybe this means that Nintendo are going to be porting everything worthwhile which is digital from the 3DS and Wii U to the Switch? Though I wouldn't count on it.

Ahh... It might actually be due to the new EU PSD2 online transaction regulations that are due to come into effect in September 2019...

https://www.digicert.com/blog/psd2-compliance-required-by-eu-september-2019/

So hopefully it means that they're not planning on killing off the older eShops just yet after all...

Plus if your 3DS shares the same NNID as your Switch you can add funds to the latter, and it should also be available on your 3DS.

• Thanks 1

Well, that would make sense, though I'm still not pleased about it and I can still see them slowly cutting off both consoles later on down the line.

They would be foolish to do so now though as people are still buying stuff on the 3DS eShop and even the Wii U eShop to a lesser degree.

I don't think I'll be scrambling for points when the time comes to shut off the Wii U eShop though, not in the same way as when the Wii Shop Channel was killed off.

But as Dennis says, if your NNID is linked between all consoles then I guess it isn't that much of a big deal... yet.

It has reminded me that I do have some digital codes to redeem on the 3DS eShop though, if they haven't expired. (the ones for Pokémon Gold & Silver)

I used my Japanese 3DS to add funds to my Japanese NNID, hopefully the site doesn't block cards not registered in Japan...

Edit: Oh, it only affect Europe. Phew.

Some pretty great prices for Atlus games going on right now. Dunno if it's UK only, mind.

Strange Journey Redux: £5.39
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse: £5.39
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology: £5.39
Etrian Odyssey V: £5.39
Etrian Odyssey Nexus: £8.09
7th Dragon III Code: VFD: £5.39

I've been waiting to get Best DS RPG, Radiant Historia for a while now. I think now is the time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I've been waiting to get Best DS RPG, Radiant Historia for a while now. I think now is the time.

I was waiting for a reprint of the physical one but it never happened so now seems like a good time to grab the digital version.

That's too good a deal to pass up on for Radiant Historia. Think I'll have to requisition my partner's 3DS and finally jump in. Funnily enough, I had been looking at a physical copy of it in CEX the other day but at £55, I did think it was a little steep even though in aware it's hard to find. Gives myself and many others a chance to finally play it at a reasonable price.

Might also pick up both of the SMT games. I remember really wanting to play Strange Journey on the DS but never got round to importing it (it sat alongside the DS version of Radiant Historia and Legendary Starfy as games I never got round to getting despite importing plenty of titles in those days) so guess I'll grab that and Apocalypse and see when I get round to them at some point.

Seriously, guys.  If you haven't played Radiant Historia before, do not hesitate! Get that game RIGHT NOW! That price is insane!! :o 

Glen-i is not joking when he says that it's the best traditional RPG on the DS.  I'd even go so far as to say that it's the only truely great one; it was such a tragedy that it never got a European release originally, up until the 3DS port anyway.

Very unique RPG that does something a bit different with the time travel concept.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Looking at the thread on Era, I didn't realise that Popolocrois is also on sale. I was always interested in trying that game and was gutted we didn't get a physical release for it.

Out of the games Glen listed, apart from Etrian Odyssey V, I have them all on physical already. A physical version of that game goes for quite a high price and i'm half tempted to just snap up the game digitally as it would save me around £50-£60.