NEurope

From the sale I ended up buying...

Liberation Maiden

Crimson Shroud

Attack of the Friday Monsters

Weapin de Omasse Shop

Should keep me busy for a few hours.

You have to get Attack of the Friday Monsters!!

Seconded! That game oozes charm!

I didn't even look at anything to do with the game but downloaded it on these two posts alone I hope I will not be disappointed...!

I didn't even look at anything to do with the game but downloaded it on these two posts alone I hope I will not be disappointed...!

If you don't like it I will give you the money back in beer!

This week’s Nintendo 3DS downloads are as follows:

3DS Themes

• Pokémon: Slowpoke – €1.99/£1.79
  • NES Fire-Breathing Bowser – €1.99/£1.79

3DS Special Offers

• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate – €22.49/£19.99 (Ends January 8)
  • Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) – €9.99/£8.66 (Ends January 8)

I've just played through Attack of the Friday Monsters. It's short but so very, very charming. I'm glad I got to play through it and only for a couple of quid as well. : peace:

One line cracked me up...

It was where one of the kids gets scared by you screaming down the pipe. He runs home to tell his dad and he asks if it was as loud as when his mother breaks wind. Love me some toilet humour.

:D

Finished Liberation Maiden last night. Loved it.

I love anime and mechs so this was right up my alley. The gameplay was fast and frantic and reminded me a little of Kid Icarus Uprising. The soundtrack was also superb. Very anime. :)

I do wonder why the president of Japan is fighting on the frontline though? :D

Finished Liberation Maiden last night. Loved it.

I love anime and mechs so this was right up my alley. The gameplay was fast and frantic and reminded me a little of Kid Icarus Uprising. The soundtrack was also superb. Very anime. :)

I do wonder why the president of Japan is fighting on the frontline though? :D

Because anime, that's why :D

I've never played Cave Story. Yesterday going through my wish lists I realised Cave Story was there. I thought it hadn't been released over here? Then I remembered something about a Cave Story + version or something that hadn't be released and wondered if that was why I hadn't bought it yet...

I got confused. So. I want to play Cave Story, is the one on the 3DS the definitive version? What should I do?

I've never played Cave Story. Yesterday going through my wish lists I realised Cave Story was there. I thought it hadn't been released over here? Then I remembered something about a Cave Story + version or something that hadn't be released and wondered if that was why I hadn't bought it yet...

I got confused. So. I want to play Cave Story, is the one on the 3DS the definitive version? What should I do?

It's a bit confusing. There have been four Nintendo releases of it:

Cave Story (DSi)

Cave Story (WiiWare)

Cave Story 3D (retail, 3DS)

Cave Story (3DS eShop)

Cave Story 3D was a full retail game with polygons, but I believe is now available to download - I enjoyed it, but the graphics were a bit small. Personally, I would go for the true eShop game (Cave Story +, if you like) as it's the original 2D game, but widescreen.

It's a bit confusing. There have been four Nintendo releases of it:

Cave Story (DSi)

Cave Story (WiiWare)

Cave Story 3D (retail, 3DS)

Cave Story (3DS eShop)

Cave Story 3D was a full retail game with polygons, but I believe is now available to download - I enjoyed it, but the graphics were a bit small. Personally, I would go for the true eShop game (Cave Story +, if you like) as it's the original 2D game, but widescreen.

But where can I get cave story + from?

But where can I get cave story + from?

3DS eShop.

It's just called "Cave Story" on there. Has all the extra content from the Steam release (except for the redrawn graphics from the Wii Ware release, cause it's obviously too high res to be displayed on the 3DS screen) as well as the original graphics displayed in stereo 3D.

3DS eShop.

It's just called "Cave Story" on there. Has all the extra content from the Steam release (except for the redrawn graphics from the Wii Ware release, cause it's obviously too high res to be displayed on the 3DS screen) as well as the original graphics displayed in stereo 3D.

Okay. Perfect. So cave story, £6, is cave story + and the best version to get? Excellent.

In my continuing quest to clear my backlog for the new year I've just finished Kirbys Dream Land 2 on the GB VC.

I think this may be the 4th Kirby game I've played through this year and its become very apparent how little these games differ from each other. Apart from a few power ups and graphical upgrades all of these games are essentially all the same. Even the bosses pretty much keep the same moves.

I enjoy the games but looking at them in this light makes them seem very lazy. I'm not surprised they shove the little pink guy into experimental games, it's a good way to keep him fresh.

Started Donkey Kong 94 the other day. I had a long session on it today, which has led me to finishing it just now. I've never played this before but heard good things about it. I have to say that I wasn't disappointed by it.

The puzzles weren't overly difficult and the presentation was great for a Gameboy game. The music was top notch as well. Saying that, I didn't see the need in seeing Donkey Kongs butt at the start of every stage! :D

I know this game is kinda the start of the Mario Vs Donkey series but was it also the first appearance of the mini mushroom and the backflip jump?

Great game and happy to have had the chance to play through it. Next up is either Donkey Kong Land or Wario Land...

It's a shame Miiverse sucks on the 3DS otherwise I would have been posting my adventures, much like I do on the Wii U. I'll probably have cleared all my 3DS backlog before the new model arrives.

Started Donkey Kong 94 the other day. I had a long session on it today, which has led me to finishing it just now. I've never played this before but heard good things about it. I have to say that I wasn't disappointed by it.

The puzzles weren't overly difficult and the presentation was great for a Gameboy game. The music was top notch as well. Saying that, I didn't see the need in seeing Donkey Kongs butt at the start of every stage! :D

I know this game is kinda the start of the Mario Vs Donkey series but was it also the first appearance of the mini mushroom and the backflip jump?

Great game and happy to have had the chance to play through it. Next up is either Donkey Kong Land or Wario Land...

It's a shame Miiverse sucks on the 3DS otherwise I would have been posting my adventures, much like I do on the Wii U. I'll probably have cleared all my 3DS backlog before the new model arrives.

Wouldn't know about your Wii u exploits as you deleted everyone in a big huff :)

But yeah, donkey Kong 94 is an amazing game. Surprisingly bulky too!

Wouldn't know about your Wii u exploits as you deleted everyone in a big huff :)

But yeah, donkey Kong 94 is an amazing game. Surprisingly bulky too!

Not everyone. :D Makes no difference as I post them on here anyway.

I decided to go with Wario Land first. Again, it's another game I've never played before. A bit weird considering I've played all the rest of them. Really enjoying it though and having fun trying to find the treasures and secret exits.

Have to say I'm loving this more focused approach I've got going at the moment. It's how I used to play my games but last year I seemed to have dropped out of this way of playing and kept jumping from game to game. Not a good way to play IMO. It's only the 3rd of Jan and I'm looking at having my 3rd game finished already. Come at me backlog! :)

I've finished 2 in 3 - batman origins and Tengami. Shovel k ight, toad and Zelda close!

I decided to go with Wario Land first. Again, it's another game I've never played before. A bit weird considering I've played all the rest of them. Really enjoying it though and having fun trying to find the treasures and secret exits.

Never played the first Wario Land until the VC release as well. Felt a lot different to the rest of the series, or rather the sequels went in a bit of a different direction. The first one is still good though.

Thought I would give some Miiverse evidence of me completing my games. :D

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Never played the first Wario Land until the VC release as well. Felt a lot different to the rest of the series, or rather the sequels went in a bit of a different direction. The first one is still good though.

Yeah, you can see this was the title that started the transition. You still have the treasures to collect but you still can be killed. the map is also still resembles Mario Land 2.

I managed to finish the game yesterday and it was a blast.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I was tempted to pick the other 2 up but I'm not touching the eShop until I have cleared my backlog. I also had a good think about the ones I had already played and it turns out I never played the 3rd game either. Something to look forward to this year then...

With that done, I fired up the next game on my list straight, which was Donkey Kong Land.

I tried playing this last year and couldn't get into it. I only played a couple of stages so I started from scratch. After a few stages I started to get used to the graphics, which was my main issue last time.

I loved the music in the game and surprised how good sounded given it was running on a GB. Some of the new tracks were very catchy. I know David Wise was in the credits but some other person was as well. I'm gonna have a check and see if he did composer these new tunes.

Here's my results. :)

Again, I wouldn't mind picking up the next two games but that will have to wait. I've got 5 eShop games left to play ( Zelda:Links Awakening, Seasons & Ages, Crimson Shroud and Weapon Shop de Omasse ) so once those are cleared I will pick the next Kong game up.

Not sure what to tackle next. Maybe alternating between a Zelda game and a Guild game will be the way forward.

@Hero\-of\-Time

Graeme Norgate was the composer for DKL and yes he did indeed compose the original tunes. He also composed some music for Killer Instinct, Blast Corps, Perfect Dark and Jet Force Gemini (he didn't work on the other DKL games though - they have no original music, but some excellent conversions of DKC2 & 3 music by Grant Kirkhope and Eveline Fischer!)

I'd recommend playing through Oracle of Seasons next (play through Seasons before Ages whatever you do. I always prefer that order myself :) )

Edited by Dcubed

[MENTION=347]I'd recommend playing through Oracle of Seasons next (play through Seasons before Ages whatever you do. I always prefer that order myself :) )

Personally, I prefer to play Ages before Seasons.

Ages may be trickier, but...

The true final boss is WAY easier to beat with Season's Roc's Cape and Hyper Slingshot. Roc's Feather and Seed Shooter are basically crappy versions of the two.

Anyway, the VC console game I've been playing a lot of recently is Lufia: The Legend Returns on GBC.

Never played a Lufia game before, so thought I'd give it a pop.

Haven't finished it yet, but it's got a surprisingly deep battle system, Mystery Dungeon style dungeons and catchy music.

But the dialogue is so... dull. But it's so dull, it's kinda funny.

This is meant to be a sad moment, but I couldn't stop giggling.

Then again, I wasn't expecting an epic story, it is a GBC game after all.

It's bloody hard though, bosses will ruin you if you don't know what you're doing.

8th of January 3DS eShop releases;

3DS eShop

Classic Card Games (GameOn, €6.99 / £4.99)

3DS Retail Download

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Activision, €39.99 / £29.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot (David Marquez, €1.99 / £1.80 until 8th February, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

EDGE (Two Tribes, €0.99 / £0.89 until 21st January, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Coaster Creator 3D (Big John Games, €5.00 / £4.00 until 22nd January, regular price €7.25 / £6.00)

3DS HOME Themes

Game & Watch – Colourful (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)

Super Mario – Wooden World (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: The Impending Battle (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)

Personally, I prefer to play Ages before Seasons.

Ages may be trickier, but...

The true final boss is WAY easier to beat with Season's Roc's Cape and Hyper Slingshot. Roc's Feather and Seed Shooter are basically crappy versions of the two.

To be fair though, that's only really relevant if you've played the games before. For a first time playthrough, you really should play the easier game first (Plus I much prefer Ages to Seasons, so it's saving the best till last too!)

Anyway, the VC console game I've been playing a lot of recently is Lufia: The Legend Returns on GBC.

Never played a Lufia game before, so thought I'd give it a pop.

Haven't finished it yet, but it's got a surprisingly deep battle system, Mystery Dungeon style dungeons and catchy music.

But the dialogue is so... dull. But it's so dull, it's kinda funny.

This is meant to be a sad moment, but I couldn't stop giggling.

Then again, I wasn't expecting an epic story, it is a GBC game after all.

It's bloody hard though, bosses will ruin you if you don't know what you're doing.

Yeah, from what I've seen of him play this, I concur. The character designs and story are so generic that they're actually pretty charming in a weird way! (also the music is hilarious; even when it tries to be epic it just comes across as funny :laughing: ). I'm actually pretty eager to give it a try myself (not yet though, got too much on my plate to get through first!)

As for GB/GBC VC games I still have but have yet to play? Mega Man 3-6 GB, Mega Man Xtreme 1-2, Bionic Commando: Elite Forces make up that list!

But I'm not diving into any more games until I at least finish my repeat playthrough of Golden Sun and my current playthrough of Pokemon ORAS (After that, I'll have just Fire Emblem GBA and Mario Golf Advance Tour that I'm playing through right now - not counting pick-up-and-play games that is).

Don't want to lumber myself with too many "beatable" games at once again. I did that before and I don't want to do it again.

anyone have any idea about this.

my friend has bought luigi mansion 2 from eshop but it keeps giving an error code when downloading. tried using a new SD card and still the same issue. he can download other games fine but just seems that luigi mansion 2 wont download.

told him to call nintendo but I really unsure if they are gonna be help.