NEurope

No code here yet. :(

Going to get Starship once it goes on sale. I'm actually thinking of just picking up all the remaining Guild games since the sale price is pretty nice and I enjoyed the seroes.

Yeah I did the same. Was only missing Bugs vs Tanks & Starship Damrey but got them both now.

My download code for Deluxe has arrived too.

Yeah I did the same. Was only missing Bugs vs Tanks & Starship Damrey but got them both now.

My download code for Deluxe has arrived too.

Haha, same two I was missing and bought them both!!

Why is Super Mario Deluxe so zoomed in? Was it always like that? If you jump up on a platform you can't see the ground below you, and therefore any holes, etc, that are around. Goomba's fall from the sky because you can't see what's on the platform above. This feels broken.

Why is Super Mario Deluxe so zoomed in? Was it always like that? If you jump up on a platform you can't see the ground below you, and therefore any holes, etc, that are around. Goomba's fall from the sky because you can't see what's on the platform above. This feels broken.

i was wondering the same... was it like that on the GBA too?

I worked out if you hold X you can then control the camera with the circle pad but it is still very weird.... good thing I have the original SMB from the Ambasador program

So, what's everyone's take on the Level-5 eShop games? They're on sale now so I'll probably pick a few up. Seems that Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud are the most talked about, but how are the other entries in this collection? Any hidden gems?

Aeroporter is underrated. It's a manic little score attack game!

It was like that on the GBC version, screen is too small to have it zoomed out.

So, what's everyone's take on the Level-5 eShop games? They're on sale now so I'll probably pick a few up. Seems that Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud are the most talked about, but how are the other entries in this collection? Any hidden gems?

A Tale in Tokyo.

The GB/GBC ran at a much lower resolution than the NES (160 x 144 vs 256 x 240) so they had to zoom in the view in order to fit the sprites onto the display.

Both the GBA and even the DS feature screens that were lower resolution than the NES too! It wasn't until the 3DS that Nintendo's handhelds finally had screens that were of a high enough resolution to fit the full NES resolution onto the display (same goes for SNES, N64, PS1, Saturn and Megadrive while I'm at it!)

Weapon Shop de Omasse for me. People should jump on the Dual Destinies while it's on sale.

Weapon Shop de Omasse (Level-5) - €7.99/£7.19

From the mind of comedian Yoshiyuki Hirai comes WEAPON SHOP de OMASSE, a humorous twist on the classic fantasy adventure. You are Yuhan, an apprentice in a weapon rental shop inside an RPG. It's your job to forge and rent weapons to the seven misfit heroes and various NPCs that come your way.

Retro City Rampage (Vblank Entertainment) - €8.99/£7.99

Rampage the open-world, steal cars and run missions -- all while jumping on civilians for coins and outrunning the law with power-ups! This send-up to '80s and '90s video games and pop-culture includes both a full Story Mode of open-world adventure as well as an Arcade Mode for quick pick-up-and-play action. If that's not enough, it also packs an interactive city full of shops, minigames, customisations, collectibles, special guest stars, and more.

Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment) - €4.99/£4.49

Life in the temple of rabbits hangs by a thread. Universal Evil has struck again and kidnapped all of your disciples. Only you managed to escape. They let you live... they'll soon regret it! Use your agility and combat skills to save your disciples! Jump from roof to roof, slide gracefully along walls, sneak up on your enemies, and rip them to shreds!

Renegade (Arc System Works, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Renegade was a highly influential benchmark in the beat 'em up genre. Step into the shoes of a vigilante who must battle his way through subways, parks, alleyways and parking lots. You can even burn rubber on a motorcycle. Pick up items like a hamburger that restores life, a heart that increases your lives by one and an item that gives your bike a boost. You'll need all the help you can get to take out the many street punks, killer kung-fu females, outlaw bikers and array of bosses standing in your way.

Bella Sara 2 - The Magic of Drasilmare Demo (Bigben Interactive) - Free

Return to the universe of Bella Sara and set off to the Drasilmare Tree's rescue! The great Magic Tree of Drasilmare has been cursed! Only you can remove the deadly curse and save the world of Bella Sara.

Special offers

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Nintendo) - €29.99/£27.99 (Ends February 27, normally €44.99/£39.99)

Phoenix Wirght: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (CAPCOM) - €17.49/£13.99 (Ends February 27, normally €24.99/£19.99)

Heavy Fire: Black Arms 3D (Teyon) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends March 6, normally €4.99/£4.49)

Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D (Teyon) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends March 6, normally €4.99/£4.49)

Robot Rescue (Teyon) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends March 6, normally €2.99/£2.69)

Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut 3D (Teyon) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends March 6, normally €1.99/£1.79)

Bird Mania Christmas 3D (Teyon) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends March 6, normally €1.99/£1.79)

People should jump on the Dual Destinies while it's on sale.

I will not hesitate.

925cf834f464f47d9fe42c036d7e0147.jpg

Nope, I wanted to buy/play it after I replayed the earlier games (finished Ace Attorney) but now it's on sale so I'll at least download it.

Nope, I wanted to buy/play it after I replayed the earlier games (finished Ace Attorney) but now it's on sale so I'll at least download it.

Oh man...you're in for a treat.

Those last few cases :D

Those visuals :o... that music :yay:... the sound effects and canned laughter... :D

Major Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon vibes. :love:

Another vid:

I am so getting this game now. :bouncy:

Renegade! Would that mean that we'll be getting Target: Renegade at some point too? The soundtrack in that is brutal, pure 8-bit ass-kicking to the max...

Yay, I was waiting for Phoenix Wright to have a discount, I suppose now is as good time as any...

Are these level 5 games worth getting

Bugs vs tanks

Aero porter

I have the rest already , but as they are only £2.69 I would like some opinions please

Thanks

My opinion s as they're only 2.69 than you can't really go wrong :) I haven't played one of them, but own them all....

Probably doesn't help...

AeternoBlade (Corecell) - €14.99/£13.50

In the region of Awelsia, vengeful Freya travels with an unknown weapon called "AeternoBlade" to take revenge from Beladim, the Lord of the Mist who destroyed her village, Ridgerode, and killed her tribe. Her vengeance is helped by Vernia , who has as much merit as Beladim. Vernia taught Freya about the ability of AeternoBlade. Freya has to venture in many world dimensions to find how to annihilate Beladim. What is AeternoBlade? And how can Freya take revenge from Beladim? Solve tons of mysteries in her adventure!

The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths (Ynnis Interactive) - €14.99/£13.49

Play Esteban, Zia and Tao through numerous tricky levels full of puzzles, traps and infiltration phases in a wide variety of diverse gorgeous settings. Explore every nook and cranny of China, and escape Zarès' hostile men, searching for the local City of Gold.

Senran Kagura Burst (MarvelousAQL) - €34.55/£29.99

Enter a world filled with beautiful ninjas destined to break down the barriers between good and evil! Play two different storylines, each with its own perspective. The girls of Hanzai believe they fight on the side of righteousness, but are their methods always right? The girls of Hebijo are mercenaries to the highest bidders, but what if their motives aren't as clear as they seem?

Jewel Quest Mysteries 3 - The Seventh Gate (MSL) - €11.99/£10.79

Join Rupert and Emma in Jewel Quest Mysteries as they traverse the ruins of ancient Egypt! Mystery reigns and only a keen eye can help you.

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (Nintendo) - €4.99/£4.49

This souped-up version of the all-time classic was a big hit on Game Boy Color. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe features all 32 original levels from the 1985 classic, plus a whole lot more! In Challenge mode, revisit classic levels and collect special red coins and Yoshi eggs to beat the high score. Or race against a familiar foe through eight special courses in You Vs Boo mode! There are even challenging secret levels to be discovered, for a true test of your Super Mario Bros. skills!

Special offers

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow- Mirror of Fate (KONAMI) - €22.49/£19.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €44.99/£39.99)

Bonus release for Germany:

Biba & Tina - Das Spiel zum Kinofilm (Kiddinx) - €39.99 (German territories only)

Mach dich fit fürs Falkensteiner Rennen! Reite mit Bibi und Tina durch Falkenstein: Rund um den Martinshof löst du mit deinem Pferd spannende Missionen und spielst so die schönsten Fotos aus dem Film frei. Mach mit beim Trainingsrennen, verbessere deine Reitkünste und sei bereit für das große Finale: das alles entscheidende Rennen im Maisfeld!

Solid week for the 3DS!

Still waiting for the VC to kick into gear... Am I the only one who struggles to get excited for NES games?

Am I the only one who struggles to get excited for NES games?

Not at all :hmm:

My gaming education started with the Super Nintendo and I always found that I could never really appreciate NES games the way my general love for Nintendo almost dictates that I should!

Playing something like Super Mario All Stars on the SNES spoilt me a little as the original versions of the games featured have always appeared inferior to me having never played them before the awesome 16-Bit updates..

It's a shame that I've never been able to get into the original Legend of Zelda or Metroid, though Zero Mission managed to suffice for the latter. It was awesome :hehe:

With the recent debate about 32 and 64-Bit graphics, I openly admitted to loving that era and having a soft spot for the graphics of the time. With other's finding it difficult to appreciate games from the PS1, Saturn and N64, maybe the NES is my weak point.. ::shrug:

I grew up on the NES but most of the games are just pretty bad. I got excited when they released turtles. I'd probably get excited if they released rc pro am, festers quest, robocop, Bart vs the space mutants...