NEurope

The eShop blackouts are now done. They're running everything on a trial basis to see how the new servers can handle the load

No longer will we have downtime from 9pm to 9am

I managed to download Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries this morning (both cool games, by the way) and I went on today to download that Turbo Acorn game for £1.20 and the eShop is down yet again. They should give us something for free for all of this trouble! It's been since Christmas Day for me and today is the first time I've had a proper look on it.

That's because you tried connecting in the rolling blackout for them to manage the load

Can anybody tell me if they've played the Turbo Acorn game? Is it any good?

Can anybody tell me if they've played the Turbo Acorn game? Is it any good?

I have it. It's a really fun, very basic platformer. We'll worth the just over a quid it costs. It's a great pick up and play game when you have a spare ten minutes or so.

Nintendo has either extended the eShop sales due to finish today at 1500 CET, possibly because of the eShop outage, or they have changed the weekly update time to later in the day. Last week's discounts are still in effect!

Oh! Well that's a nice surprise!

Looks like the one Guild 01 game that was missing a western localisation (WEAPON SHOP DE OMASSE) is getting one after all! :D

Nice!

Here's a trailer of the Japanese version below (you play as the owner of an RPG weapon shop and make weapons/items for typical RPG adventurers who come to visit you - think Recettear if you've ever played that on PC and you've got the general idea)

Oh! Well that's a nice surprise!

That is a nice surprise. I guess the others sold well enough for them to go back and do this one. Hooray for completeness!

Anyway, this weeks releases:

Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo) - €39.99/£34.99

Whether you're a veteran Mario Party player or a newcomer to the series, Mario Party: Island Tour proves that absolutely anyone can play! Packed with 80 new minigames designed exclusively with portable gameplay in mind and seven unique boards that offer their own distinct challenges, there are so many different ways to play that you'll have a completely new experience each time you pick it up.

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (Nintendo, NES) - €3.99/£3.59

Famous vampire hunter Simon Belmont is back, in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. Following his victory against Dracula in the original game, Belmont is struck by the Count's deadly curse and must track down and destroy Dracula's missing body parts to save himself. Castlevania II expands on its predecessor with the addition of new adventure elements and also a day and night system. During daytime, talk to the locals and gather clues and weapons, and prepare for the creatures that appear when the sun goes down!

Special offers

Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends February 6, normally €3.99/£3.59)

Dress to Play: Cute Witches (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends February 6, normally €3.99/£3.59)

Interesting that Nintendo have gone back to the £34.99 price after trying to push £39.99 again over the Xmas period...

Looks like my code for Mario Bros Deluxe for my Japanese 3DS just came through.

What is this? Where is our free game? :(

We're getting Mario Deluxe if you register a NNID. ::shrug:

Animal Hospital Demo (Bigben Interactive) - Free

The sick animals need you! Live the dream life of a true veterinarian. Improve and expand your surgery to accommodate more patients. Dogs, cats, horses, birds... they all need your care!

Hidden Expedition Titanic (MSL, DSiWare) - €7.99/£7.19

On April 14, 1912 the massive ship, RMS Titanic, collided with an iceberg and sank within three hours. The remains of the ship have been investigated several times, but many mysteries still remain hidden in the

depths of the dark wreck. You have now been assigned a mission to explore it! Descend to the ocean bed and discover the fantastic secrets waiting to be revealed in this once majestic ship. Conduct your research over 14 missions in 17 locations and try to unveil the secrets of the Titanic.

Special offers

BIT.TRIP SAGA (Rising Star Games) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €19.99/£17.99)

Girl's Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games) - €14.99/£14.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €9.99/£29.99)

Virtue's Last Reward (Rising Star Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €24.99/£19.99)

Shifting World (Rising Star Games) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €19.99/£17.99)

Super Black Bass 3D (Rising Star Games) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €19.99/£17.99)

Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (Rising Star Games) - €16.99/£14.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €29.99/£29.99)

Jewel Master Cradle of Rome 2 (Rising Star Games) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €19.99/£17.99)

Jewel Master Cradle of Egypt 2 (Rising Star Games) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €19.99/£17.99)

Beyblade Evolution (Rising Star Games) - €14.99/£14.99 (Ends March 6, regular price €29.99/£29.99)

Urban Trial Freestyle (Tate Multimedia) - €3.49/£3.15 (Ends February 13, regular price 6.99/£6.29)

Great price for VLR, tempted to double dip but not sure if I would play it again.

So anyone excited for this:

I didn't get round to playing it on WiiWare, but I'll be damned if I don't get it now.

I bought Virtue's Last Reward now that it was on sale for 12,49€, it seems pretty interesting but I usually skip these kind of games since the gameplay is mainly click-frantically-everywhere-hoping-that-something-happens ^^ I got stuck in Hotel Dusk and eventually sold it. I didn't even finish Ace Attorney 3 since I continuously got frustrated with the detective scenes. It's all about triggering certain flags and you think you've tried everything already a million times but then there was some one pixel that you forgot to inspect and didn't get a certain dialog so you couldn't move forward, even if you as a player knew exactly what to do.

This weeks releases.

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks (Nintendo) - €34.99/£29.99

Lace up those boots and get ready to take to the field in Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks! on Nintendo 3DS family systems! This time, Mark Evans and the rest of the Inazuma National team face the tall order of reigning supreme in the Frontier International Championships - and they also have to deal with a futuristic enemy that has travelled back in time to threaten the very existence of football!

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! (D3 Publisher) - €39.99/£34.99

Finn and Jake wake up one morning to find their trash stolen by the Ice King! Jake couldn't care less about half-eaten bananas and old chicken diapers - but when the Ice King uses these stolen goods to construct a Garbage Princess, our heroes embark on a fantastical adventure and teach him a lesson! Journey through the Land of Ooo in an offbeat adventure to discover perilous dungeons, unimaginable treasures, the true meaning of friendship, and never-ending fun! Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!! is the first video game based on the radical, Emmy nominated Cartoon Network show about two close friends - Jake, a wise old dog with a big heart, and Finn, a silly kid who wants to become a great hero. Adventure Time show creator Pendleton Ward is heavily involved with the game creation, including the design of a brand new storyline, concept, and quests.

The LEGO Movie Videogame (WB Games) - €39.99/£34.99

Transform the ordinary into the extraordinary and experience the ultimate LEGO building experience in the all new The LEGO Movie Videogame. Step into the world of Emmet, an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average citizen who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. Players guide him as he is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.

Spot the Differences! (Bigben Interactive) - €9.99/£8.99

150 magnificent photos of landscapes, decorations, animals, still life, and more. Stay focused to find all of the hidden differences. A relaxing classic for the mind that the whole family can enjoy - anywhere!

Games Festival 1 Demo (Bigben Interactive) - Free

Hear ye! Hear ye! Hear ye! Gather round and join in the fun of the fair! Amusements for one and all, dart and balloon games, games of skill, and even the famous hook-a-duck! On your own or with your friends, the only thing missing is candyfloss!

Special offers

Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.49 (Ends February 20, regular price €3.99/£3.59)

Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.49 (Ends February 20, regular price €3.99/£3.59)

Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends March 12, regular price €2.99/2.49)

Edited by Ike

Oh, wait. Just realised Adventure Time is the first game that wasn't released over here and was a pretty decent Zelda II clone. I thought it was the recent bad one.

The adventure time game is a little expensive! But I'm really glad it FINALLY is available in europe. I'm getting it just for the love of the super neat pixel art haha!

Wait its Adventure time:Hey Ice king (the rest)!?! freaking awesome! that game was supposedly very good! i might buy that to go with the acceptable sequel- its not brilliant and 3D DOESN't work unless you want your eyeballs to implode

good week for 3DS again!

Wait its Adventure time:Hey Ice king (the rest)!?! freaking awesome! that game was supposedly very good! i might buy that to go with the acceptable sequel- its not brilliant and 3D DOESN't work unless you want your eyeballs to implode

good week for 3DS again!

Tried this as a demo on my mates US 3DS, and it is a very fun Zelda II clone. I don't think I have the patience to go through the whole thing, but my son couldn't put the demo down. This might be a birthday present, which I will join in on.

Just received my download code for Super Mario Bros DX. Check your emails if you are due to get this free gift.

Just received my download code for Super Mario Bros DX. Check your emails if you are due to get this free gift.

Got mine as well. :D

Seeing as it's just Dr. Mario this week I'll add Super Mario Bros DX to VC Weekly #279 and then just repost the review if/when it gets a general release later on down the line. :)

Got mine too! (Guess that's why there aren't any 3DS VC games being released this week...)