NEurope

At last! Been waiting for the Mega Drive classics! And yes Ike, your opinion is wrong. SO WRONG! :heh:

Your banned.

From the bathroom.

Why is the mobile version of sonic one better?!

Playable Tails and Knuckles.

Some stages have new areas.

Improved framerate.

Widescreen.

Remastered music.

Bonus points for the ability to switch between the 3 different region's boxart. :p

Normally I hate touch screen controls but I found them all right for Sonic 1 so I understand people's stance on that one. 3DS version had some odd (minor) graphical glitches. 3DS has 3D (obviously) and the CRT mode (and buttons) but the mobile version felt like the better package.

I'm not trying to put people off btw, I think the 3D classics are worth supporting, especially since we might get a second wave. ::shrug:

There's also Pikmin 3 DLC out this week, actually today 2nd Dec., for 4.49 you can get an extra 10 stages (5 Collect ones, and 5 battles). The total include 2 free (so you pay for 8). I'm looking forward to these as they have all new levels like a living room and a factory, etc.

Edit, whoa, just realised this is the 3DS eShop thread, sorry!

Edited by londragon

So I decided to try the 3DS YouTube app, despite all the horror stories, and I don't think it's that bad actually. :o Sure the video quality isn't great and it's quite prone to crashing, but other than that it's OK. :heh:

Still can't believe they didn't even attempt to make use of 3D though. :blank:

115200f82e6ade2649004bd939f24e63dd80ed92c05cb59818049bbfbe27386d.jpg

I agree! It's a good app, if they find a way to remove the annoying glitches it would be a pleasure to use! Maybe 3D support can be added in future patches, but it doesn't really bother me that much.

What does bother me though is that nintendo is completely ignoring the fact that flipnote studio 3D even exists. Im really afraid we might not get it at all at this point :'( .

What does bother me though is that nintendo is completely ignoring the fact that flipnote studio 3D even exists. Im really afraid we might not get it at all at this point :'( .
Same here. :hmm: I've got a feeling the recent trouble with Letter Box might have made Nintendo reluctant to release Flipenote 3D in the West... :blank:

But then again, there was almost 8 months between the Japanese and European releases of Flipnote Studio, so if the same pattern is true with the 3D version then we'd actually get it sometime in March 2014.

Might be worth noting you can use the 3DS Youtube app to control the Wii U app. Why you would when you have the Gamepad I have no idea, but you can. You can also use your phone as well.

Are there any Harvest Moon gamers round here?

I've never played one, but Tale of Two Towns is going on sale on the eShop this week and I have to say I'm tempted. Just wondering if it's considered a particularly good/bad iteration, and also whether it's a suitable one to enter the series with.

Haven't played it so don't know if it's good/bad but I think any Harvest Moon is a good place to start really.

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Namco Bandai) - €34.99/£28.49

Princess Bubblegum summons Finn and Jake to the Candy Kingdom to investigate a rash of thefts and kidnappings that have plagued her kingdom. She thinks the cause lies within her Secret Royal Dungeon, where only the nastiest monsters and criminals are locked up. If they've found a way to escape, the Land of Ooo will be in danger!

3D Ecco the Dolphin (SEGA) - €4.49/£4.09

After a mysterious storm sweeps your family from the sea, it's up to you to find them and uncover the mystery behind the forces that took them. The search to find them will take you through vast underwater realms of treachery, beauty and adventure. Use your sonar to discover hidden caverns and unlock the secrets of crystal glyphs, but beware of packs of bloodthirsty sharks that search the ocean for unwitting prey!

3D Galaxy Force II (SEGA) - €4.99/£4.49

Halcyon, ruler of the invading Fourth Empire, has marked Junos as his final target in a galaxy wide campaign for dominance. Sending the bulk of his forces, he attacks with a single purpose - to eliminate all life forms in the system in order to build the seat of his power on the ashes of each of its five planets. As the star pilot of the governing Space Federation, it's up to you to strap yourself into your TRY-X and turn the tables on Halcyon.

Cocoto Alien Brick Breaker (Big Ben Interactive) - €19.99/£17.99

The brick breaker that revolutionises the genre! Travel through the 5 planets of Cocoto's universe to protect them from alien fire by firing back their projectiles with your magic shield. Progress through the game confronting waves of more and more enemies with increasingly amusing weapons, and unlock new powers for your shield.

Girl's Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games) - €29.99/£29.99

Girls' Fashion Shoot lets you enter the world of fashion and become the newest star on the scene! Become a top fashion model and the editor of your own successful style magazine, using thousands of customisation options to propel yourself to the top of the fashion world. Choose your look with make-up, hair and nail art, then create outfits from hundreds of clothing items and go on photoshoots choreographed entirely by you!

Nano Assault EX Demo (Shin'en Multimedia) - Free

Stop the deadly Nanostray virus in Nano Assault EX. Experience a fast-paced action shooter, set within a visually stunning cellular system that leaps off the screen in full 3D.

AeternoBlade (Corecell) - Free

In the region of Awelsia, vengeful Freya travels with an unknown weapon called "AeternoBlade" to take revenge from Beladim, the Lord of the Mist who destroyed her village, Ridgerode, and killed her tribe. Her vengeance is helped by Vernia , who has as much merit as Beladim. Vernia taught Freya about the ability of AeternoBlade.

Donkey Kong 3 (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Unique to the classic series, Donkey Kong 3 is a frantic action game starring newcomer Stanley, whose greenhouse has been invaded by the troublesome ape and swarms of angry insects. Armed with a spray can, you must push Donkey Kong up the screen while fending off the swarms of bugs intent on stealing Stanley's precious flowers. Avoid the coconuts that DK throws at you, and try to grab the power spray can for a few seconds of supercharged spraying as you aim for a high score!

Special offers

Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games) - €19.99/£14.99 (Ends January 9, normally €29.99/£24.99)

Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends January 9, normally €7.99/£7.19)

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (Level-5) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends January 2, normally €7.99/£7.19)

Bugs vs. Tanks (Level-5) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends January 2, normally €7.99/£7.19)

Crimson Shroud (Level-5) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends January 2, normally €7.99/£7.19)

Liberation Maiden (Level-5) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends January 2, normally €7.99/£7.19)

The Starship Damrey (Level-5) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends January 2, normally €7.99/£7.19)

Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia) - €9.99/£8.74 (Permanent, was €14.99/£12.49)

Will download Nano Assault EX Demo since I've always wanted to try it. People should jump on the Level-5 games.

The heck is AeternoBlade?

Are there any Harvest Moon gamers round here?

I've never played one, but Tale of Two Towns is going on sale on the eShop this week and I have to say I'm tempted. Just wondering if it's considered a particularly good/bad iteration, and also whether it's a suitable one to enter the series with.

I've got it, the first month is VERY dull but if you can get past that then the game becomes incredibly fun. The farming isn't as complicated as the DS games and it's simpler like the SNES/GBA games but they've added the ability to customise your town and farm however you want which is really good, it gives you something to do after you've watered your crops and chatted up all your neighbours. It's definitely worth getting at £15

I've already got Crimson Shroud and Aeroporter, don't really like the look of Liberation Maiden but I will be picking up Attack of the Friday Monsters :D

And right after I purchased The Starship Damrey, it goes on sale. Great. :shakehead

Will probably get Bugs VS Tanks and Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale. Hopefully Guild 03 will come at some point, too.

Yeah I think I'll have to get Attack of the Friday Monsters, I had always meant to. Just a shame the maintenance is tonight otherwise I would get it now.

And there it is!

Sayonara Umihara Kawase is getting a European release! :D

Oddly enough, it's keeping its original Japanese title, rather than the English name (Yumi's Odd Odyssey) that Natsume gave it :confused:

Edited by Dcubed

Is it just me, or does Europe get way more Japanese options in their games than the US?

For instance, did the US get Japanese voices in their Xenoblade version?

Japanese voices in Bravery Default?

Japanese option in Rhythm Paradise Wii?

I'm certainly not complaining.

Is it just me, or does Europe get way more Japanese options in their games than the US?

They got/are getting dual voice in all of those except for Rhythm Paradise Wii U (and that was added as an apology of sorts for the long EU release delay).

They could be stereotyping and assuming Europeans speak multiple languages and American's don't becaues 'MURICA :shrug:

Yes been waiting for attack of the friday night monsters to drop,

i dont have any of the other level 5 games which are must haves ? i like the look of all of them .

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale

Crimson Shroud

Liberation Maiden

These are considered to the better ones, I think. The Starship Damrey might be worth picking up at that price though.

Picked up Galaxy Force II and Altered Beast. Forgot to start the download for the Nano Assault demo, doh!

I really think I need to start Crimson Shroud over again and give it some more time and attention because everyone sings its praises I've just found it to be so opaque and impenetrable.

Does anyone have StreetPass Squad? Is it worth downloading it for the price..? I'm not particularly interested in the other StrretPass games :heh:

Maybe lately, but during the PS2-era this certainly was not the case. For example, all the NIS games before Disgaea 2, Onimusha, Castlevania etc. missed Japanese voice tracks in the PAL release.

Does anyone have StreetPass Squad? Is it worth downloading it for the price..? I'm not particularly interested in the other StrretPass games :heh:

It gets pretty hard and will last you plenty, especially if you want to want to get all the target scores/gems, and of course your high score tables will always be evolving with the more people you StreetPass.

That said, it's probably my least favourite of the StreetPass games (though they're all decent). If you like shmups then you'll probably enjoy it.