NEurope

I love picross. £4.50 is quite expensive, though depends on how many puzzles you get for that!

I was so excited when I saw Picross on the eShop the other day, and then I realized it was just a trailer. It's about time we're getting this.

First footage of Fluidity Spin Cycle!

Now we know why it has that name... The sequel is all about 360 degree motion control! (the original was only around 70 degrees)

I wonder if they've deactivated the S3D in order to accommodate the control scheme...

Mutant Mudds is getting a free update that includes the 20 extra levels that come with the upcoming PC version :D

http://joolswatsham.blogspot.com/2012/09/why-should-you-vote-for-mutant-mudds-on.html

Kick arse! :D Nice to see devs continuing to support their games after they'd been released on the eShop like with Mighty Switch Force!

Now, how's about you release those extra tables for Zen Pinball...

Nice, thought I read we weren't getting them, I was obviously wrong :)

Zelda II is getting released/updated next week! Looking forward to playing it again (yes I waited for the saves states, 'coz I'm a wimp :P).

Zelda II is getting released/updated next week! Looking forward to playing it again (yes I waited for the saves states, 'coz I'm a wimp :P).

Woohoo, brilliant, I was waiting for that! Didn't want to start it before it got the update.

On a related note, I finished Legend of Zelda last night (for the 2nd time - 1st time was on the GameCube Collectors' Disc). It was much more enjoyable with the save states, but wow, that is still one difficult game! All those bloomin' Wizzrobes in the final dungeon make it hard to just explore!

I've now started Metroid, which is the only Metroid game I've not completed. I find it so much more inaccessible than the others but, again, the save states are extremely useful. You don't need to use the passwords it gives you, although it can still be slow to get your health back up to maximum. The trouble with this game is that you can make so many failed attempts to find anything, that you might give up. However, I don't mind admitting I just look at a map on GameFAQs - it makes it much more enjoyable for me. Once you've got the High Jump, Ice Beam and (hopefully) Varia Suit it allows you to explore more on your own. Also, you soon get used to the NES graphics and it's just as immersive as the others.

On a side note, both games have extreme slowdown. Is this because the emulation "thinks" it is running on an NES? It's not a big problem, but if the fact that these three games (Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Metroid) are already on the Virtual Console is the reason they are not getting "3D Classics" remakes, that is rather unfortunate.

The slowdown is exactly the same as the original NES version and cannot be removed through emulation.

2D console games, in a sense, have their slowdown hard coded into the game. It's not like with HLE in 3D games, where games can run smoother than they originally did. They'd have to remake the game from scratch (or go back into the original source and recompile it for the NES with optimised code that removes the slowdown - but that goes against the whole idea of the VC service anyway) in order to have it running smoother.

I had to use a map for my playthrough, most of areas look exactly the same and I just ended up confused.

Slowdown is probably deliberate, Nintendo loves their accurate emulation :p

Zelda II would be great for a 3D Classic remake, but Miyamoto wants to do ALttP fst it seems. Not sure Metroid needs a remake due to Zero Mission but they did go with Fusion as the ambassador game. Could be due to the fact Zero Mission includes the original. Would like to see Metroid II be upgraded though.

The slowdown is exactly the same as the original NES version and cannot be removed through emulation.

2D console games, in a sense, have their slowdown hard coded into the game. It's not like with HLE in 3D games, where games can run smoother than they originally did. They'd have to remake the game from scratch (or go back into the original source and recompile it for the NES with optimised code that removes the slowdown - but that goes against the whole idea of the VC service anyway) in order to have it running smoother.

I understand that. I'm not asking for Virtual Console games to run any different to how they did at the time (although I do think we should get the 60hz versions). I just wanted to make sure it was the "NES" straining rather than my 3DS (which might seem naive, but there you go).

Zelda II would be great for a 3D Classic remake, but Miyamoto wants to do ALttP fst it seems. Not sure Metroid needs a remake due to Zero Mission but they did go with Fusion as the ambassador game. Could be due to the fact Zero Mission includes the original. Would like to see Metroid II be upgraded though.

I think you might be right, but (assuming they put the GBA on the Virtual Console) does anyone else think that would be a terrible reason not to make Zero Mission available? I'd rather they removed the NES game from Zero Mission (as long as they made it clear), or just accepted they might lose some sales from the NES version. It's too good a game not to make available! :heh: The handheld Virtual Console should prioritise the handheld formats, in my opinion. It's nice to have the NES on there, but it should be just a bonus.

All the puzzles in Picross-e are brand new, not a compilation from Mario's Picross or Picross DS right?

All the puzzles in Picross-e are brand new, not a compilation from Mario's Picross or Picross DS right?

AFAIK they're all new.

There's no puzzle creator however (nor is there one in Picross e2 either - but there's an additional extra mode in that game that's never been seen in a Picross game before)

OMGOMGOMGOMG Paging @RedShell now... Redshell come in!

About fucking time! :bouncy:

So that's everything now! No more US regional exclusives! HA HA WE WIN! :santa: (and with one regional exclusive on our side, One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP, to boot!)

Excellent news, can't wait! :D

If only One Piece were something to crow about - a truly atrocious port!

Edit- So the new title means 'blossom samurai'. Makes sense given all the petal trails I guess.

Edited by Lens of Truth

About fucking time! :bouncy:
Damn right! Excellent news. :D

Looks like all of those eShop searches I did for "Sakura Samurai" finally paid off. :heh:

*Changes search to "Harmo Knight"* :laughing:

Damn right! Excellent news. :D

They sped up the process as some kind of an apology for tarnishing your 100% MK League record.

It only works for games that actually exist. ;)

Well then, let's all type in "Oracle of Ages" and "Oracle of Seasons"! :)

This might be an indication, that we're about to see Mario Kart 7 and SM3DL on the eShop in the not so distant feature.

I'm all for having Mario Kart constantly ready on the console without having to carry (edit: and switch) a cartridge around. :)

Edited by Burny

Not a surprise but still nice to see.

Here's hoping that we see 3rd party titles follow suit soon (and that it doesn't end up being an excuse to not have to bother uploading anything new each week!)

Super edit: Fucking Eurogamer missed out 3 games!!! (pricks!)

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - 3DS Virtual Console - £4.50

Game Description: This direct sequel to the original The Legend of Zelda™ is famed for taking the series in a new direction, while also introducing elements that would become standard in future Zelda games. In Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Link must seek the Triforce of Courage and awaken Princess Zelda from a sleeping spell. Meanwhile, Ganon’s minions are trying to resurrect their master. Zelda II uses a side-scrolling view and overworld map, and features role-playing aspects that are unique to the series.

Crazy Kangaroo - 3DS eShop - £3.60

Game Description: Meet Barney - a cute kangaroo that was caught by evil poachers but luckily fell out of the aeroplane and now has to make his way home. With intuitive Motion Sensor and Circle Pad controls, and handcrafted graphics, Crazy Kangaroo is simply perfect. Give it a shot!

Shifting World Demo - 3DS eShop - Free

Demo Description: Is the floor the roof, or the roof the floor? Shift the world from black to white and back again to find your way out in this innovative puzzle platformer from the best-selling SHIFT series

THEATRHYTHM™ FINAL FANTASY® - Nintendo 3DS (AOC) - £0.90 each

Songs available this week include:

Somnus (FFC-FMS)

Gustaberg (FF11 – FMS)

The Battle for Freedom (FF12 – BMS)

Final Battle (FF10 – BMS)

Bookstore Dream - DSiWare - £1.80 / 200 Points

Game Description: Bookstore Dream is a simulation game that allows you to manage your own bookstore. Get connected with publishers and put the best books on your shelves. Be sure to keep stocks at a good level when demand goes up and if you do everything right you will be managing a popular shop before you know it.

METAL SLUG X - Wii Virtual Console - 900 Points

Game Description: METAL SLUG X is an improved version of Metal Slug 2. While based on Metal Slug 2, it includes the new "Iron Lizard" weapon which chases enemies and the "Drop Shot" weapon whose shots bounce. With many new enemies, the game allows you to readjust the game's difficulty by changing the positioning of bosses and other things. It also includes several arranged production features such as changed backgrounds and some rearranged BGM.

There! That's better (still not a fantastic week for me, but a great one for people who don't already own Zelda 2 and Metal Slug X!)

Edited by Dcubed

Even though it got pretty bad reviews, I might give the Shifting World demo a go.

EDIT: Straight FROM Nicalis.

We're just a few days from confirming a release date for Cave Story on eShop. And NightSky, too!
Edited by -Dem0-

Edit, never mind. Apparently it was put up a while ago for the ambassador games :(

Edited by Dcubed