NEurope

Never got far on the NES version, but I managed to reach stage 2. Still find it pretty difficult though I can't remember what mode I set it to, but I wasn't sure what they did anyway.

I don't really understand the gameplay in Kid Icarus. Is it just to get higher and higher? There are occasional rooms to enter, but they often have nothing in them.

I don't really understand the gameplay in Kid Icarus. Is it just to get higher and higher? There are occasional rooms to enter, but they often have nothing in them.

A 1980's doodle jump?!

Only certain stages are vertically orientated. Most of them are horizontally side scrolling (ALA Mario) and it also features Zelda style dungeons! (with other types of stages later on)

Some of those "empty" rooms are filled when you reach certain conditions (the instruction manual is actually pretty thorough!)

KI was one of the first real genre bending games (which is why Uprising is so different in flight and on ground in terms of gameplay) It's also really weird in that it features a reverse difficulty curve (the first stage is actually the hardest!)

I just finished kid Icarus, loved it on NES and I still love it now, once you get past the first dungeon/boss you get loaded with power ups, then it gets easier. Awesome platformer!

Does anyone else find themselves frequently stuck on the title screen of 3D Classics, with a cheesy grin :grin: and grooving :heh: to this:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

:bouncy::yay::bouncy::yay::bouncy:

...or is it just me? :laughing:

@Dcubed - Thanks for the advice.

@Calv - Flippin' heck, you don't waste any time! By the way, your sketches in Letterbox are great.

@RedShell - Yeah, the 3D Classics music is cool! Also, like others have said, I like the way they control so tightly and run so smoothly.

Does anyone else find themselves frequently stuck on the title screen of 3D Classics, with a cheesy grin :grin: and grooving :heh: to this:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

:bouncy::yay::bouncy::yay::bouncy:

...or is it just me? :laughing:

I kept thinking it was a tune from the game I was looking at. :p Then slowly realised they all had it. Funky. :grin:

Still no code... *sigh* now I've got to waste time e-mailing Nintendo. :(

Still no code... *sigh* now I've got to waste time e-mailing Nintendo. :(

There's plenty of time, it doesn't end until the end of January. Maybe they are sending them out once every week (plus it's the weekend)?

Just make sure you've registered an email address (I'm sure you have) and check your spam box?

Finished Kid Icarus last night for the first time. The stages do get easier and shorter the further in you go. Although the last stage was bit of a pain.

The game does seem against you the whole time though. Like the mini game you can almost never win.

Edited by Ike

I suppose... but I kinda want to play it now. :p

Im STILL waiting for my code to arrive... but im too busy to play anyway, so it's ok.

I just thought of something whilst playing Metroid Fusion:

Isn't the metroid series a tad limited in the sense that it most probably always has to incorporate Metroids into the story?

There are probably ways out of that though, like setting the game in an entirely new setting, with different plot and everything, and near the final battle they just throw a tiny metroid at you or something:laughing:

But seriously, oh wait, .....now that I think of it, I haven't encountered any Metroid in Fusion....:woops:....yet

Edited by Fused King

Isn't the metroid series a tad limited in the sense that it most probably always has to incorporate Metroid's into the story?

Yeah, it's true, but the core gameplay is so, so good, I don't mind.

I'm also playing Metroid Fusion at the moment and it is awesome - easily the best of the 20 free games, in my opinion. When you think that's a GBA game and then see how much better the graphics of Mighty Switch Force are (as you'd imagine, two generations on), I'd love a new 2D Metroid.

But seriously, oh wait, .....now that I think of it, I haven't encountered any Metroid in Fusion....:woops:....yet

You have. It's called Samus Aran.

(As explained in the opening cut-scene, they genetically modified her with DNA from the infant metroid to save her life).

You have. It's called Samus Aran.

(As explained in the opening cut-scene, they genetically modified her with DNA from the infant metroid to save her life).

Ah, of course, how could I forget:nono:

Well, that's one ingenious way of getting around the problem I spoke of earlier.

Just have Samus's DNA fuse with that of a Metroid which lets her take 'metroid' with her everywhere.

Hey, before we know it, we could be using a Metroid as a pet, upgrading it along the way.

Or even better, Co-op: One player is Samus, the other a Metroid :D

Hey, before we know it, we could be using a Metroid as a pet, upgrading it along the way.

Or even better, Co-op: One player is Samus, the other a Metroid :D

A Girl & Her Metroid, by WayForward. ;)

Oh man I am stupid I thought the 3D Kirby's Adventure was the same as the Kirby's Dreamland gameboy I had already downloaded but they are seperate games. :)

I'm going to get it now, I will be so pleased to have both on my system! :D Along with Mighty Switch Force of course. :grin:

I'm also playing Metroid Fusion at the moment and it is awesome - easily the best of the 20 free games, in my opinion.

Cool choice. For me NES Open Tour Golf is the only game that I've played for more than an hour (2:54 hours to be more exact, according to the activity log) out of all the 20 ambassador games. I already have Ice Climber so haven't played it much on the 3DS - I've spent a lot of time playing the cartridge version on my GBA earlier on - otherwise it would probably be one of my most played free games. As it stands Metroid Fusion is my second most played free game (0:45 hours) for now.

While we're at it, which eshop games in general have you played the most? According to my activity log, Zen Pinball takes the number one spot (4:58 hours) just before Alleyway (4:12) and Mario's Picross (3:32).

How about the rest of you? What's your most played ambassador game, and which ones of the eshop games in general have you put the most time into? Would be interesting to know.

While we're at it, which eshop games in general have you played the most? According to my activity log, Zen Pinball takes the number one spot (4:58 hours) just before Alleyway (4:12) and Mario's Picross (3:32).

How about the rest of you? What's your most played ambassador game, and which ones of the eshop games in general have you put the most time into? Would be interesting to know.

Zen Pinball

32.02 hours

Mario's Picross

Super Mario Land

6:13

Donkey Kong

5:36

WarioWare: Minigame Mania

3:41

I've let me mum play with my 3DS recently, hence the high numbers for Zen Pinball, and Mario's Picross is 100% complete. Big numbers for Super Mario Land too, but Im guessing that's due to the Summer drought. Wario Ware is the only Ambassador game I've spent time with.

Speaking of Picross, I hope Picross e and Picross e2 will arrive in Europe sometime this year.