NEurope

Did you get it then?

Yep. Only played the first few stages and I like it. Great for pick up and play for 5 minutes or something. Plus it's only 200 points (although annoyingly I had to buy 1000 points in order to download it).

You have to destroy all the ghosts in a stage by throwing bombs into their mouths (why they are floating there with their mouths wide open just waiting for someone to throw a bomb in their mouth, I don't know. And how does a bomb destroy a ghost? ::shrug:) with a limited number of bombs. If you destroy a ghost you get a new bomb. You can't move the bird at the bottom of the screen, you can only change the angle of which he throws the bomb. Of course you need to bounce bombs of the wall and obstacles in order to get the harder to reach ghosts.

Later stages adds furniture to the level (literally!) which of course makes ghosts harder to hit, but you can also use them to hit the ghost with your bomb (like bouncing your bomb of the top of a table).

You also have a powerup bomb which if you hit a ghost with one, it will explode into loads of smaller bombs and bounce around the screen and possibly take out more ghosts.

Like I said, I'm only a few stages in so I'm sure there are some other mechanics left to discover.

(why they are floating there with their mouths wide open just waiting for someone to throw a bomb in their mouth, I don't know. And how does a bomb destroy a ghost? ::shrug:)

Its a sign of the times when you stop to question this kinda stuff. :heh:

Has anyone tried PhotoDojo, out today? If so, what do you think? I'm considering getting it as it's only 200 points, though I can't at the moment as my DSi is currently with my girlfriend in Tokyo at the moment, and won't be back for a week!

Has anyone tried PhotoDojo, out today? If so, what do you think? I'm considering getting it as it's only 200 points, though I can't at the moment as my DSi is currently with my girlfriend in Tokyo at the moment, and won't be back for a week!
I'll be getting it tomorrow probably, just need to get some points.

I reckon it'll be pretty shallow gameplay wise, but it is just 200 points and looks bloody funny. :grin:

Anyway, will keep you posted...

*EDIT*

Here you go:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26847

Edited by RedShell

Bought 'EarthWorm Jim' today...hopefully thats good..

I think whats putting my off buying anymore DSi stuff is the trouble i'm going to have when it comes to the 3DS..i rather not lose out money (or games) because Nintendo won't create a easy way to transfer data..also the price of the points..perhaps it's cause it's all electronic but £9 for 1000 points seems excessive..but hey, thats my opinion.

Bought 'EarthWorm Jim' today...hopefully thats good..

Have you tried EWJ yet?

Anyone tried out Dodogo! and/ or VT Tennis?

Edited by darksnowman

Have you tried EWJ yet?

I downloaded it. It's still as good as the original.

They changed Jim's voice, though to be honest I expected that, they kept his original dialogue though. The difficulty has been toned down, but they included the original version's difficulty as well. I'm sure they said they were going to include the Special Edition stages but they didn't, unless they meant the "HD" versions (Judging by the trailer they might have done, some stuff in the trailer was different.). The DSIWare version includes a mini-game were you have to mimic Jim's face using the camera and it gives you the Plasma Gun upgrades.

Totally recommend, plus it's only 500 points for a full game.

Thanks for the mini review, Lord Ike! I never loved the EWJ games because despite the great style and good controls, it was somehow a bit too manic or something for me. Difficult to put into words.

Does anyone ever have problems when downloading DSiWare titles? I added some points and was gonna take a punt on VT Tennis but failed to get it three times in a row. I had full Wifi reception so I'm not sure what the problem was. ::shrug:

I'm not sure what the problem was. ::shrug:

Because you don't like EWJ :P

Well i got a DSi, bought earthworm jim, its just as i remember, amazin :D

Does lookseys line up ( the funky 3d game ) have a european release date?

Tried to buy some points just now but appearently I can't because it won't accept whatever billing address I write. I can only choose between American countries, so I need a "fake" real adress in the United States or any other country on the continent.

Downloaded Crystal Monsters with the free points. From the first 30 minutes it looks promised but it's amazing how much they copied from Pokemon. But that's probably why I will enjoy it. I love how you can increase the chances for capture by mashing the A button. I don't if it's a deliberate move or if I am the only one who thinks this, but I immediately thought of the button presses people did on R/B/Y. So far my only negative experience is the awful controls.

Can you buy point cards? It generally works out cheaper.

Yes, but not before next week. I'll do that if that's the only option.

Anyone know what the differences are between the retail and DSiWare versions of Plants Vs Zombies?

Anyone know what the differences are between the retail and DSiWare versions of Plants Vs Zombies?

I don't, but can I be lazy and ask you how many points it is instead of Googling it?

Ok, I Googled. Costs 800 points. As for your query:

The DSiWare version of Plants vs. Zombies loses the VS., Puzzle, and Survival modes of play, but all four of the retail DS mini-games are intact. There's even a brand new and exclusive mini-game called Zombie Trap for you to play.

http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/03/plants_vs_zombies_dsiware

Edited by darksnowman
Ike's too slow

As one of many who didn't upgrade to the DSi model, I missed out on DSiWare software, but with the launch of the e-shop next week, I'll be able to play catch up. :grin:

The Art Style games, Mario vs Donkey Kong : Minis March Again and Shantae: Risky's Revenge defintley intrest me, but what else should be on my radar? What are the best DSiWare games out there?

3D Space Tank is fairly decent. Despite the utterly awful name, it's actually a sequel to the Game Boy game X.

Shantae is the one I'll transfer. The only other game I bought was some rubbish RPG that seemed to have been designed for a mobile phone. Sorry, I shouldn't have put "Shantae" and "rubbish" in the same paragraph.

Doesn't look like I'll be transferring any of my DSiWare over, as Flipnote can't be transferred at all, and with any other games you transfer, none of the save data comes with it! What a mess.. :shakehead