NEurope

haha I know, let alone the RedShell seal of approval should have been enough, but I had my doubts on the game.

Is there much replayabilty? Have you returned to it a few weeks after it came out?

what are the controls like for it? can it be played via the old turning the wii remote sideways, or is a a wagglers heaven type of game?

Considering getting it for christmas along with NSMBW and A Boy and His Blob, but I prefer to sit down and play with the remote turned sideways.

Is there much replayabilty? Have you returned to it a few weeks after it came out?
Replay value with this game really depends on the individual I think.

If you're into collecting style games, then going back after completion and finding every single item in the game should add quite a few hours of play time, especially for the later stages.

But the main replay factor is in the Rabbid customization/expo feature, which is pretty much limitless. So if you're a creative type then there's a lot of fun to be had trying out different designs and entering the various expos.

If neither of those aspects sound appealing to you however, then the game won't offer much replayabilty at all outside of the main story mode. There's a 2 player option, but it's similar to the Mario Galaxy style multiplayer in that one player just controls a cursor.

I'd still definitely recommend the game to those that won't want to collect every item or mess with the customization aspect though, as the story mode is such an entertaining and worthwhile experience. :)

what are the controls like for it? can it be played via the old turning the wii remote sideways, or is a a wagglers heaven type of game?
No Wii Remote only scheme I'm afraid, it can only be played with a Nunchuck and yes it requires the use of motion.

You don't need to use it a lot though, except for the initial few stages when you only have access to the Rabbid's shout move (triggered by shaking either the Nunchuck or Remote). Afterwards your shopping trolley gets a turbo boost update (like mini boosts on Mario Kart :cool:) that you can activate simply by pressing B, it can be used as a replacement to the shout attack and is actually recommended to do so.

That's because when you use the shout to scare humans, the clothing/items they drop get scattered all over the place and you then need to drive around collecting it all. But when you turbo boost in to them, their stuff automatically goes to your trolley! :grin: This makes it a much more effective move and going around the stages timing your boost to create combos of automated collecting is really satisfying.

There are a few other unavoidable motion aspects in various stages, but overall I'd say 70% of the game can be played without movement thanks to the turbo boost.

haha I know, let alone the RedShell seal of approval should have been enough, but I had my doubts on the game.

I bought it one Day One, and I still pop it in very often. It's not a game you play for days on end, but it's very, very addictive, not to mention utterly hilarious. I'm not a completist myself (60 stars will do, thankyouverymuch), but damn if I don't want that last piece of junk! :p

The controls are very good. No needlesswaggling or the like. Like Redshell said, shake to scare people out of their clothes. And yes, that makes sense in the game. ;)

Ubisoft did something I never expected these days: they surprised me with a really good game! Let's hope RS2 follows the same trend.

Ubisoft did something I never expected these days: they surprised me with a really good game! Let's hope RS2 follows the same trend.
Yeah, let's hope so.

Red Steel remains to this day the only Wii game that I got rid of, RS2 does look much improved though. :awesome:

Anyway... Back to RGH, I was greeted with this message last time I visited the Rabbids Channel:

hni0026.jpg

Woohoo! :yay:

Must be my Pirate Rabbid, my latest (Martian) one isn't doing too well. Mind you I kind of struggled to come up with something good for that one. :blank:

Wonder how long Ubisoft will run these expos for and if there's any thing else planned for it. It'd be cool if some of the custom Rabbids made it into the next Rabbids game or something like that.

Don't know if this is a new feature of the Rabbids Expo website or not (didn't notice it before though) but there's a section on there that enables you to purchase custom Rabbid figurines! :o

http://g2w.ubi.com/rgh-wii/en/print/index/filter:1

rghbanneren.jpg

You can choose from any of the custom Rabbids that have been uploaded via the Wii channel to be made into a real life figure for €20. A bit pricey and the quality doesn't seem that great, but come on... how cool!? icon14.gif

Not sure how many N-E peeps are participating in the Rabbid Expos, but for those that are the latest theme is cowboys.

Here's my rootin' tootin entry :heh::

http://g2w.ubi.com/rgh-wii/en/Results/A00A02P57

Be sure to chuck a few votes his way. ;)

Or perhaps even pick up your very own figurine version. :hehe:

If anyone does get one at some point, please post up some pics.

: peace:

I kinda want this;

344874ps_500h.jpg

(Wii Remote Grip)

Sorry if its already been posted but its amazing :D

Don't know if this is a new feature of the Rabbids Expo website or not (didn't notice it before though) but there's a section on there that enables you to purchase custom Rabbid figurines! :o

Tell you what, that is actually really cool! It underlines my need for Rabbids Go Home and to start getting creative with it as I'd love to own a Rabbid of my own design! Fantastic.

Just spotted this:

The guy from Wii Folder is getting that awesome Tingle Rabbid made in to a figurine.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. :smile:

Tell you what, that is actually really cool! It underlines my need for Rabbids Go Home and to start getting creative with it as I'd love to own a Rabbid of my own design! Fantastic.
Yeah man, get with the program already! And be sure to send me some of your creations. : peace:

I've got a Mr. T Rabbid with your name on it. :laughing:

Cracked into Rabbids Go Home on Friday and just saw the credits roll there now. Great game and loved the humour- I had a feeling I would as I've been a fan of the Rabbids since the Wii launched. The premise is simple: collect everything you can in each level and move on. Within in this idea, there was some good variation between levels. Running around in your trolley, taking care of verminators, then there was the airplane engine levels, the rubber tubing levels, the chase the cow levels, the platforming levels (with the patient, haha), and so on. The final one with the patient got pretty tense.

There was plenty of Rabbids comedy with them being there innocent yet devilish selves. One of the latter stages had you pillage a WHOLE airplane which I found hilarious for some reason. It was just a pity the level ended when you reached the plane- I would love to have trolleyed it around! The thing that I found funniest was one of the simplest things- taking the lift. In the lift you were treated to viewing the Rabbids from the CCTV and there was nothing to do but to wait til the lift opened again. I don't know why but every time I was taking the lift I thought it was comedy gold to twirl the crazy Rabbids round, watching them from a bystanders point of view. :laughing:

An honourable mention has to go to the PA lady. In one of the levels she was cracking up, spouting stuff like, "T.O.P secret! What part don't you understand?" And plenty of other one-liners.

I see there is more to do if you can reach 31,000ish feet. I take it that means getting everything possible. Anyone done this? *looks to RedShell and Strange Cookie*

The thing that I found funniest was one of the simplest things- taking the lift. In the lift you were treated to viewing the Rabbids from the CCTV and there was nothing to do but to wait til the lift opened again. I don't know why but every time I was taking the lift I thought it was comedy gold to twirl the crazy Rabbids round, watching them from a bystanders point of view. :laughing:
Yeah, that is quality. I also do the spinning thing.

Boney M for the lift music is the icing on the cake. :D

An honourable mention has to go to the PA lady. In one of the levels she was cracking up, spouting stuff like, "T.O.P secret! What part don't you understand?" And plenty of other one-liners
Indeed, some quality gags throughout the game.

I found, "No penetration allowed in this zone!" particularly amusing. :laughing:

I see there is more to do if you can reach 31,000ish feet. I take it that means getting everything possible. Anyone done this? *looks to RedShell and Strange Cookie*
You mean the last big star at the top of the pile?

Apparently it just lights up for bragging rights that you collected every item, you don't get any additional stages out of it.

:hmm:

I've not managed to get every item yet though. Some of the later stages are pretty evil in that regard, especially the last floating bubble bed one. :shakehead

Will give it another try once I'm done with TvC and Excitebike.

Anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed the game.

Yeah, that is quality. I also do the spinning thing.

Boney M for the lift music is the icing on the cake. :D

Yeah the music was perfect throughout- the atmosphere was great. Might have to hit Google and see if I can find a soundtrack.

You mean the last big star at the top of the pile?

Apparently it just lights up for bragging rights that you collected every item, you don't get any additional stages out of it.

:hmm:

Read your spoiler and Googled. You are bang on. :o

Anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed the game.

I was saving it before getting stuck in. Here's hoping that Ubisoft continue making more Rabbids adventure games.

Yeah the music was perfect throughout- the atmosphere was great. Might have to hit Google and see if I can find a soundtrack.
The soundtrack that Ubisoft released on iTunes consists of only the Vagabontu brass band stuff.

Pretty sure you'd be able to find all of the licensed stuff that was used on YouTube though, here are my favourites:

Classics. :awesome:

Major respect to the people that compiled the track list for RGH. icon14.gif

Here's hoping that Ubisoft continue making more Rabbids adventure games.
I just hope Ubisoft will continue making such high quality games, they're clearly able to produce some really great stuff when they feel like it. Edited by RedShell